Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    jtophinke - 3 lbs since first of december! Great job! I keep telling myself I need to start Yoga or Pilates. I am a good walker - 1-2 times per day for a minimum of 40 minutes a day at a good clip. But i have not found a good strength routine i can stick to.
    Runa - for starters - can you treat yourself to some essential oils? have you ever? There are some pretty good ones for mood and also even blood sugar regulation (cinnamon) Something to google and think about if you wish. Otherwise - I agree small steps. You know - you do so many small steps already to get through your depression - even reading an anger management book. You do stuff for yourself all the time! You can do this! (:
    Tillies mom - thanks for the smiles at your posts. You make me laugh. Have a great Friday and good luck with the move.
    To all others hello - I'll be lurking. Have a great weekend! Two more weekends until Christmas!~ yikes.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    total steps 10140

need all those steps for the rice krispie treats I ate at the christmas party - I left before it became too much. Better brush my teeth before I find something else to eat.....

Wishing all a good night.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi all! Running through... got a ton of ideas via a post on the Facebook group for Yes.Fit. Ordered a KETO Sweets Cookbook. I LOVE bread, sweets, potatoes, pasta, cheese, and chocolate... and breads!!! But if I can trick myself with something that tastes as good... then I can keep up with it.

Runa 🌺

yqwh2c22n1aw.jpeg
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    jtophinke - mine shows the calorie adjustment, but that is for my own curiosity. i do not actually go by the adjusted amount. i try to stick as close to my set 1275 calories per day as i can. for me its just a mind thing - it helps promote positive thoughts when i see the calorie adjustment and it shows me that i have xxx calories remaining. i have no intention of eating that much.

Thanks for the insight. I didn't understand the point. I don't have mine linked because it seemed with map my walk and that together something was off. And after checking a couple logs I was well confused with it.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Brenner I use element yoga for beginners and the same for Pilates. I had a kettlebell workout the was on spark people but it's since been taken down. So I downloaded a interval timer and do the same moves without it. I think it was Paul Katima? He was easy to follow.
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Peep!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

With any luck coworker will come pick up a bed and give me more space in my living space. I will have them move 1 of my 2 recliners (in case I had company - doesnt happen) into bedroom so I can chose based on hot/cold where to sleep best. Improved sleep and weight loss = what an idea? I have lived here a long time and have acquired more than I need so good to watch it go to good use.

New lead does not like to be interrupted said I was rude, but does it to me all the time. Wow my generosity goes out the door. I also know she will be going on medical leave in the future. Dont wish her ill, but vacations are always appreciated. >:)

Normal errands otherwise today. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

A quick post before making my coffee. I need to come back and read all the posts.....

Lana

244.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
    Journaled everything yesterday! This is quite a few days in a row now. Yay.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7587 steps total.

Lady has not come by for bed yet, so I will wait a little longer and call it a night.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

After a couple of middle of the nights :o about new immediate Supervisor, I had a dream that I had an interview with a great company for more money - I am not as trapped as I feel and there are options out there. Sleeping much better thank you.

Groceries dog visit and mostly doing cooking setting up for the week.

Back for more zzz with any luck.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Sara -

Well today is my birthday and it's been very very low-key. I'm home alone, and I made no plans to do anything except to take myself to dinner at a very nice restaurant that is within easy walking distance of my house. Long story short - the restaurant does only brunch on Sundays, and I ended up at McDonalds. Had a 1/4 lb. double cheeseburger, no fries, and a thing of milk. $8.95 and home to eat chocolate chips instead of seeking out any birthday cake. Kitchen is closed now for the rest of the day.

I had a nice phone chat with my estranged DH today.
    Then, later in the day, I stumbled upon a photo of Her Royal Ugliness that he put on Instagram. On my normal account I am blocked from seeing anything about her on FaceBook or Instagram, but in a past life I worked for U.N.C.L.E. and I can work around the blocks if I wish to. Well, blech. I will keep my nose out of there for a while.

I immediately summoned two Cabana Boys to take my mind off of the problem!

Hugs to all~~

Lana

Journaled everything yesterday and so far today. √
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Lana!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Thanks Dawn !!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    5705 total steps and dog did well at Vet = raining quite hard so fewer steps.

Lana!!

8emzx35phukj.png

I am thinking the HRU is DH new lady? Well why waste your time with that? Tempting for sure. Glad you at least had a birthday celebration. Chocolate chips are good as it is hard to eat a HUGE amount. Glad the Cboys could smooth out some of the edges for today. When will you get a dog to cuddle up with and take on walks?

Work is like this - I am on good terms with new Director of our sub group and manager of group we are merging with and there may be retirements soon..... so a transfer may be possible. We shall see.

Curling up with Miss T soon.

Dinner is small and I need to drink more water - blech is right.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    geck43siewvm.png

m3hekoaudneb.png

cvrobgnbpzkf.png

qeycsnxsw5jl.png
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Lana!!!!!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've had a terrible week both stress and eating wise. Spent days worrying about my Dad, who I found out went on another one if his drinking binges. He ended up falling on Wednesday and wasn't found until Saturday, when I asked my Uncle to go check on him. He is diabetic and had been days without food or water. Super dehydrated. Several broken ribs. Pneumonia. Terrible kidney infection. And his body is covered in diabetic ulcers - obviously his diabetes is out of control. He will be in the hospital for at least a week.

I have been supremely stressed and worried. Now have to drive up to PA (about 11 hours) later this week to clean his filthy house and literally plan an intervention. I am doing my best but it has been tough, that's for sure..

Don't mean to be a downer, but just wanted to give an update. Sheesh. Hope all are doing OK.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down .8 which I will take.

Went to clean out my work bag. It is possible I printed out my pay stub at work and attached it to someones medical appeal - not quite the info the insurance company wanted - some info now out there, but not everything. Working too hard, and yet they want more.

Rained very hard last night and areas around my place flood, luckily it stopped and water is gone.

Dog doing much better.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara and Eryn - thank you for the birthday wishes. Sara, those photos you posted are really cute! Thanks.

I will not get a dog until I plan things out AND I have a car. So I must do car first. I move incredibly slowly nowadays. I've never had a car before. I need to check out car insurance.
    Life is just too busy until February. So maybe a dog in the spring or summer? I have been looking at golden retriever rescues. I would love to have a goldie, but perhaps the original idea of two Shih Tsus might be more manageable? I can't have 2 goldies.

Sara - sending good vibes for your work.
    🎉Big, big congrats on your great weigh in this morning!!!🎉

Eryn - So sorry to hear about your father. How old is he? Can he live in a care facility? Maybe this hospital stay can be a turning point. Also, as you know, maybe it won't be a turning point if he doesn't want it to happen. Obviously you care about him, but some things cannot be changed. Don't send yourself over the cliff with him. I hope that that was not too blunt. Huge hugs~

Lana

246.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
    I journaled all food every day last week.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello! Happy Monday!
    Happy Belated Birthday Lana! Car - then dog. Can't wait to see your dog pics :wink:
    Hello Sara! congrats on the .8.
    Eryn - sorry to hear about the stress. Remember - you cannot fix him - he has to fix himself. Support is ok, just take care of yourself as well! I hope he heals well.
    I am feeling yuck and bloated today. Already some holiday hangover issues. Had a busy weekend of family. Didn't think I ate really too much, just all high fat, sugary and now my guts are not over it. Will take care of that this week and then hopefully won't feel so yuck next weekend.
    Lurking from work!