Day three of keto

I'm on day three of keto and to say I'm starving is an understatement. I feel like my body is missing the higher carb intake. I'm trying my best to stick to 5% carbs but it's been more like 10-15%. I have been eating really well and sticking within my calorie limit. Is it normal to feel this hungry after a few days? I felt fantastic the first 2 days. Have I gone wrong somewhere?

Replies

• Neil7905
    Neil7905 Posts: 275 Member
    I'm on day three of keto and to say I'm starving is an understatement. I feel like my body is missing the higher carb intake. I'm trying my best to stick to 5% carbs but it's been more like 10-15%. I have been eating really well and sticking within my calorie limit. Is it normal to feel this hungry after a few days? I felt fantastic the first 2 days. Have I gone wrong somewhere?

Hey Madam! Have you tried FASTING. I feel that knowing that I won't eat until a certain time, helps me forget and not think about my next meal. 😉
  • madamrooroo
    madamrooroo Posts: 13 Member
    I've tried fasting in the past and I didn't really like it. I found I was feeling lightheaded a few hours I was due to eat. Not great when your doing a yard duty with kids in school. I thought a low carb diet would be good for my body type. I'll stick it out. I did have a crap sleep in the night. Maybe that's the reason? I don't know 🤷‍♀️
  • Neil7905
    I've tried fasting in the past and I didn't really like it. I found I was feeling lightheaded a few hours I was due to eat. Not great when your doing a yard duty with kids in school. I thought a low carb diet would be good for my body type. I'll stick it out. I did have a crap sleep in the night. Maybe that's the reason? I don't know 🤷‍♀️

🤣😂 From what you're saying, I'd still recommend FASTING but during your eating period, have enough carbs to sustain you. I have changed my pasta to whole-wheat (brown) because it takes longer to digest. X
  • madamrooroo
    madamrooroo Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks.
  • Neil7905
    Thanks.

No problem at all, feel free to add me, if you think I can help x Good luck x
  • Neil7905

Also Madam, have you looked into your 'Body type'? I'm an Endomorph - So I out on weight very easily, so it takes alot of will power.
    I WILL not eat chocolate 🍫 🤣😂😭
  • Neil7905
    yirara wrote: »
    Please don't listen to Neil. He's telling a lot of quack. Bodytypes have been debunked for ages. They were created to basically to define people as more or less intelligent, morally sound or not, and their potential for future achievements. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype_and_constitutional_psychology

Also, keto is not for everyone. It's completely individual if someone thrives on a diet high in fat, or in protein, or in carbs. If you don't feel well on a high fat diet then don't do it. Chose a style of eating that you want to eat for the rest of your life, and not just for losing weight because during weightloss you also learn how much to eat and what keeps you full. If you skip this step you're very likely to regain once you've reach your weight goal as you've learned nothing for maintenance.

🤣😂 You got your info from Wikapedia 🤦🏻‍♂️.
    I'm not even going to pose an argument. Good luck.
  • Neil7905
    ccrdragon wrote: »

Thanks buddy. It's just Wikipedia is a source which can be edited easily state whatever you like. All I was gonna do was provide info through my personal experience such as: Body types, what's your blood type etc.
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    I have good news and bad news for you. Bad news is that if you're hungrier on keto, that won't change. I tried keto 3 times, twice for 3 weeks and once for one week, and was extremely hungry throughout every single day. I even gained weight once because I had to eat more to feel full and couldn't stay under my maintenance calories. Not every kind of diet works for everyone.

Now the good news: you don't have to do keto, and it's not superior for weight loss all things equal. There are no weight loss benefits to keto except when keto makes it easier to stick to your calories (which in your case it doesn't). I know for a fact I need starches to feel full, so I eat starches and it makes sticking to calories much easier. Eat however you enjoy eating and keep track of your calories. If you do that consistently enough you'll get where you want to be.

Edit and P.S:
    Don't overcomplicate things. No, you don't need to fast (unless it makes dieting easier for you). You don't need any somatypes or preset rules (I weighed over 300 pounds and now I don't, I ate and still eat chocolate). When it comes to weight loss, you only need to pay attention to two things: your calories averaging to a deficit, and your chosen way of eating needs to be sustainable enough so you don't quit too early. You want to be able to diet long enough to reach your goal weight, at least. Even better if you're acquiring skills and habits that will be useful in maintenance.

This^^^!
  • Neil7905
    beulah81 wrote: »
    I have good news and bad news for you. Bad news is that if you're hungrier on keto, that won't change. I tried keto 3 times, twice for 3 weeks and once for one week, and was extremely hungry throughout every single day. I even gained weight once because I had to eat more to feel full and couldn't stay under my maintenance calories. Not every kind of diet works for everyone.

Now the good news: you don't have to do keto, and it's not superior for weight loss all things equal. There are no weight loss benefits to keto except when keto makes it easier to stick to your calories (which in your case it doesn't). I know for a fact I need starches to feel full, so I eat starches and it makes sticking to calories much easier. Eat however you enjoy eating and keep track of your calories. If you do that consistently enough you'll get where you want to be.

Edit and P.S:
    Don't overcomplicate things. No, you don't need to fast (unless it makes dieting easier for you). You don't need any somatypes or preset rules (I weighed over 300 pounds and now I don't, I ate and still eat chocolate). When it comes to weight loss, you only need to pay attention to two things: your calories averaging to a deficit, and your chosen way of eating needs to be sustainable enough so you don't quit too early. You want to be able to diet long enough to reach your goal weight, at least. Even better if you're acquiring skills and habits that will be useful in maintenance.

This^^^!

FASTING gives me the guide line I need to monitor my diet. Basically it stops me snacking in the evening. I could just as easily say I don't eat between meals. But with the hundreds of diets out there. This seems to work for me.
  • Neil7905
    Neil7905 wrote: »
    beulah81 wrote: »

Edit and P.S:

This^^^!

FASTING gives me the guide line I need to monitor my diet. Basically it stops me snacking in the evening. I could just as easily say I don't eat between meals. But with the hundreds of diets out there. This seems to work for me.

Yes, that's you. But you can't and should not assume everyone is the same. Some people enjoy fasting. Others don't. Personally, my blood pressure crashes so badly and I get dizzy and confused if I don't eat something every 2-3 hours.

I didn't assume anything. I have my personal view. As did you.
  • Neil7905
    Neil7905 wrote: »
    Please don't listen to Neil. He's telling a lot of quack. Bodytypes have been debunked for ages. They were created to basically to define people as more or less intelligent, morally sound or not, and their potential for future achievements. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype_and_constitutional_psychology

Also, keto is not for everyone. It's completely individual if someone thrives on a diet high in fat, or in protein, or in carbs. If you don't feel well on a high fat diet then don't do it. Chose a style of eating that you want to eat for the rest of your life, and not just for losing weight because during weightloss you also learn how much to eat and what keeps you full. If you skip this step you're very likely to regain once you've reach your weight goal as you've learned nothing for maintenance.

🤣😂 You got your info from Wikapedia 🤦🏻‍♂️.
    I'm not even going to pose an argument. Good luck.

If you think information from Wikipedia isn't reliable, you're going to be very disappointed when you learn about the scientific rigor and research that went into the invention of somatotypes.

The reason for this thinking so, is because Wikipedia, is based on information uploaded onto the site. Also if seen first hand, people editing uploaded information (as a bit of fun).