Day three of keto

Replies

• Neil7905
    Neil7905 Posts: 275 Member
    I'm not disappointed, I just don't trust a site that can be influenced so easily.
  • atmasters
    atmasters Posts: 14 Member
    What has worked for me is the fasting. I fast from 8:00 PM and I skip breakfast and start eating at 1200. This 8 hour period of eating has served me well to keep me in a calorie deficit. That's the key is to be in a calorie deficit if you are wanting to lose some unwanted weight.

Its been my own experience that a low carb program or life style is by far the fastest way to drop weight, outside of weight loss it has proven for me to give me the energy to rock the day. I found the opposite of what you are experiencing, I found that I was so hungry on a calorie counting program, the high fats in Keto suppress my appetite for the day. It is hard to get over the addictions of sugar, lots of people cant stand the keto flue at the beginning. Some tips:
    • Drink lots of water.
    • Watch some great video's on YouTube to get some experience as well as get excited about your health.
    • Keep plugged into great support networks like this for continued support.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    atmasters wrote: »
    What has worked for me is the fasting. I fast from 8:00 PM and I skip breakfast and start eating at 1200. This 8 hour period of eating has served me well to keep me in a calorie deficit. That's the key is to be in a calorie deficit if you are wanting to lose some unwanted weight.

Its been my own experience that a low carb program or life style is by far the fastest way to drop weight, outside of weight loss it has proven for me to give me the energy to rock the day. I found the opposite of what you are experiencing, I found that I was so hungry on a calorie counting program, the high fats in Keto suppress my appetite for the day. It is hard to get over the addictions of sugar, lots of people cant stand the keto flue at the beginning. Some tips:
    • Drink lots of water.
    • Watch some great video's on YouTube to get some experience as well as get excited about your health.
    • Keep plugged into great support networks like this for continued support.

Extensive study data does not support your contention bolded above. Your experience is anecdotal and anecdotes-/= data. Also, some experience the appetite suppression benefits, some do not. And, while there may be some mental attachments to sugar, it is pretty well documented that there is not actual physical addiction, though it is trendy to claim that these days.

Other than initial water weight, there is no fat loss benefit for keto over any other form of calorie restriction. See the attached meta-analysis of 32 controlled studies and 563 subjects.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5568065/

From the meta-analysis.
    the rate of body fat change between diets with the pooled weighted mean difference of 16 g/d (P <.0001) greater body fat loss in favor of the lower fat diets. These results are in the opposite direction to the predictions of the carbohydrate-insulin model, but the effect sizes are so small as to be physiologically meaningless. In other words, for all practical purposes “a calorie is a calorie” when it comes to body fat and energy expenditure differences between controlled isocaloric diets varying in the ratio of carbohydrate to fat.
    Bold added for emphasis.

• Neil7905
    mmapags wrote: »
    Neil7905 wrote: »
    I'm not disappointed, I just don't trust a site that can be influenced so easily.

I think you completely missed her point. Not surprised.

I haven't taken the time to read everything to be honest. I'm not really interested.
    Somebody asked for advise. I gave mine. Somebody didn't like it and it's gone on from there 😂🤣
  • mmapags

I haven't taken the time to read everything to be honest. I'm not really interested.
    Somebody asked for advise. I gave mine. Somebody didn't like it and it's gone on from there 😂🤣

It's not that people took a dislike to it, it's just that advice based on somatotypes isn't helpful as it isn't based in reality. It's confusing to me that you're not interested in this discussion. If I thought I was giving reality-based advice and someone told me that I was factually incorrect, I'd be very interested to learn why they thought it was wrong. Either I'm going to learn something and be a more informed person (and give better advice in the future) or I'm going to have the opportunity to correct their misunderstanding. It's a win/win, IMO. But just deciding I wasn't interested in whether or not it was right? I can't identify.

QFT!
  • Neil7905

It's not that people took a dislike to it, it's just that advice based on somatotypes isn't helpful as it isn't based in reality. It's confusing to me that you're not interested in this discussion. If I thought I was giving reality-based advice and someone told me that I was factually incorrect, I'd be very interested to learn why they thought it was wrong. Either I'm going to learn something and be a more informed person (and give better advice in the future) or I'm going to have the opportunity to correct their misunderstanding. It's a win/win, IMO. But just deciding I wasn't interested in whether or not it was right? I can't identify.

I wasn't interested to start with, because of the way that person had approached the situation. I was only looking to give my personal opinion on a particular subject. I would normally be interested in learning further, I'm always open to opinion or to learn further. But not in the lazy way this person had put it.
    This person nor the original person has been apart of this. So since it doesn't educate them further (as this has turned into an argument/debate. I'll discontinue. Thanks for taking the time.
  • Neil7905
    yirara wrote: »

Besides, how many people new to dieting would read a scientific article from a famous journal and understand it, including the inevitable statistics and not quite so easy words?

I think it would depend on how dedicated and how far you'd come.
  • mmapags

Besides, how many people new to dieting would read a scientific article from a famous journal and understand it, including the inevitable statistics and not quite so easy words?

Don't you think education level and type might have something to do with it? Or no? Just come a long way and be dedicated?
  • Neil7905

Don't you think education level and type might have something to do with it? Or no? Just come a long way and be dedicated?

Nope! I think every which way is wrong for you. But to make it right, you listen to everybody and take what is relevant to you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Just curious if FASTING is different from fasting......

It's FASTER!!! ;)
  • Neil7905

Nope! I think every which way is wrong for you. But to make it right, you listen to everybody and take what is relevant to you.

Hey, you seem to be really smart. I'm currently working on a simulation using Lattice Boltzmann, modifying it for my needs. We should work together on this. Might not be what you know, but dedication will probably enough to understand the equations and to apply and modify them. Lets go!

To be honest, I think the best method for success is to help educate people about themselves. Not to tell them what is right for them. Life is about self discovery since our bodies are ever changing. It would be impossible to exact a diet unless it's an exact period of life.
  • mmapags

Hey, you seem to be really smart. I'm currently working on a simulation using Lattice Boltzmann, modifying it for my needs. We should work together on this. Might not be what you know, but dedication will probably enough to understand the equations and to apply and modify them. Lets go!

To be honest, I think the best method for success is to help educate people about themselves. Not to tell them what is right for them. Life is about self discovery since our bodies are ever changing. It would be impossible to exact a diet unless it's an exact period of life.

How does that relate to the question @yirara asked??
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    But ok, lets stop this discussion and lets get back to TO. Sorry @madamrooroo for derailing your thread.

I think there are two options: keto is not for you, and that would not be something to be embarrassed about. Or you might not be eating enough. How many calories are you eating each day and how big is your deficit?