Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, Tourists cant live with them, cant live without them. Luckily it is not a year round thing.

Have a possible list of things to cook this weekend to hold me over for the week.

A coworker in my former department said they had a meeting and if they dont do better they will all have to come back to work. Hopefully that shook them up, the guidelines on mask wearing is lax in the large room we work in.... My department had a private pow-wow and are working very hard NOT to come back to work as it is much easier on our nerves.

Sleeping/crocheting/and cooking on list this weekend - I have 3 mask mates done. I have good buttons for 10 - will keep looking for more buttons after this.

Sleep time, Miss T is already back in her bed. Smart girl.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    On my goodness. I need directions to the Cabana club! Your eye candy is causing me to drool. I'm home from my camper. The tide was so high the water was back to the dunes. The dog and I just stared across the water and breathed in the sea air. Hope all enjoy the long weekend.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Ladies~~

Just a quick peep to say hello. Thank goodness the sun is shining today. I need it!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    The place I got to eat makes masks recommended and most people did not wear one so I took my food to go. Sad as I miss the staff and being served as well..... but not willing to share space with that many people's air. The staff had on masks just not the customers. Dont really understand why, but too long of a conversation that probably wont go anywhere was not worth it.

Nice and sunny here as well, get out and walk or sit in the sun Lana.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    j1ylcgrqmp7m.jpeg
    This greeted me at work first thing this morning...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog is my best alarm clock!

Only one errand and one "meeting" - church online - then with any luck cooking/crocheting and more sleep.

Dawn - how many donuts were in there? Yes make sure to enjoy your life.

I walked 7k yesterday and stayed up late with neighbors. They are night owls. I am not so I will pay for it. I resisted the urge for ice cream on Friday. So still no ice cream in the house- piece of cake I will divide into 3 pieces one today tomorrow and first day back to work after 3 day weekend.

Wave to all who follow - stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Dawn! I too wish to know how many donuts were in the box. I adore donuts, and I've been thinking about getting some soon.
    Krispy Kreme raspberry jelly-filled are heaven for me.
    I put them in the freezer - and they thaw out just fine. That's one way to have a box of donuts and not eat all of them.....
    Or sharing them can be good....

Sara - Yes, I may lay out in the sun today. Good idea.
    I have a zoom coffee klatch with friends this morning, so I'd better jump in the shower now.
    Your Sunday sounds very nice 😊

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

255.2 today, down from 257.2 yesterday 😳
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    boy howdy I did not know you could freeze doughnuts - this is a game changer for me!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, Dog up and fed. Could fool her and act like I was asleep.

There was a call out for buglers/trumpeters to play Taps at 3pm by a gentleman who works for CBS ( Steve Hartman) and I live near a former military base, so I will be listening.

Cooking today. Got all my crocheting done and will sew buttons on these things. Deliver to coworker and pick up phone pieces tomorrow (I get to see the boss) I have a piece of cake all ready to deal with that.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

I am glad that you posted about the call for the playing of Taps at 3PM. I so hope that you can hear something.
    I will listen too, although my neighborhood is filled with academics and a few students, so I'm not expecting to hear anything. I will simply pause then and give my thanks to all who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Playing Taps at 3PM is a lovely idea - especially since we can't have/go to any Memorial Day services today.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Sara - I know you are dying to see the boss tomorrow! 🤪 I hope all goes well for you.
    - - - -
    I am struggling to give a hoot about staying on program consistently. I need to have my thinking re-set.
    But how? I will blame this coronavirus and the stress of isolation on top of living alone. Ugh.
    - - - -
    Here in Chapel Hill, I see such contrast in people and what they are or are not doing:
    If I go to the grocery store, I see masks on everyone, shoppers maintain the 6 feet in the aisles, shopping carts are sprayed and wiped by employees, and heavy use of the order online & pick up feature.
    People are doing what needs to be done to protect against this virus.

Then I drive home, and as I coast along the little main street in town, I see lots of young people out and about, and almost none of them have masks on, and they are only a few feet apart talking to each other on the sidewalks or sitting in small groups around an outdoor table at a restaurant--you would think it was pre-pandemic.
    Maybe they do not follow any news outlets on their social media??? They seem clue free!

🤦🏼‍♀️
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

OK All, so I wish to grouse to you about something that happened to my friend, even though he is not in the least bothered by it.

My friend James decided a while back to get a golden retriever puppy. He works on Broadway, which is shut down now for probably the rest of the year, so this would be a good time to spend on raising and training a little fluff ball. He had dogs when he was growing up.

So he hunts around and finds many breeders, and then chooses one in CT, which seems to specialize in the English Cream Goldies, he goes up there maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago, and picks out a female puppy, and puts down a deposit.

FYI, he and I have not had phone conversations about all of this, just a bit of texting. I want to ask a LOT of questions, because I am nosey and thorough by nature, but I decide not to get involved in this.

So today he goes up to CT to pick up his puppy, and it turns out that his puppy is a male dog.
    James seems to be happy with this.

I wish I did not care about this, but just between you all and me, I find this really annoying.

How often does this sort of thing happen?

I assumed that there would have been some paperwork involved --just business paperwork, nothing fancy, but something to indicate what exactly James was buying for his money. I do not know what he paid.

Most of you know I have dreamed about getting a golden, but I know I will be getting one from an AKC Breeder, and I would not expect to have this sort of surprise.

*taking off grouchy pants to lay in the sun at The Club*

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana what is possible is that there were no girl puppies born in the litter and that James wanted a dog now. Men bond better with male dogs anyway, ask them about neutering their dog and you would think they were being asked themselves about being neutered. If you are worried about finding a dog and getting the wrong gender, make it part of your agreement and put it in writing.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    As for mask or no mask my 2 grocery stores I go to require them, most young people are in the I am immortal stage and cant seem to be bothered. That is not just in your bag yard.

Too hot here to lay in sun, so I hope you are enjoying it.

My cooking is almost done for the rest of the week. I have a pot of spaghetti to make and that is only the stove and not the oven.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    There were 12 donuts in that box. I brought 2 home and shared with DH... I can easily ignore donuts...

Lana- the issue with the pup...well, I’m definitely NOT pro breeders...but, the best thing to do, is research the breeder as much as you can. Read every review. Visit them, as much as possible, if you are able. Let them know, what sex you want and, that you will not accept otherwise. Sadly, many (not all) breeders are not good people. Not going to extremes. But, if they can get your money, they can easily scam people. Just be cautious. If you happen to know someone (besides James) that has used a particular breeder, find out their thoughts. My SIL got a GoldenDoodle from a breeder that her friend had previously used and she couldn’t be happier...I’m solely a Rescue kinda gal

• arniedog74
    Options
    Well...Lake of the Ozarks made National News and TMZ...it was a record breaking weekend...sadly, we will be the ones to suffer...we are being considered ignorant, because we opened and the tourists came. Whether we opened or not, they were here. The tourists are not the ones being looked down on. As if the Ozarks didn’t already have not the best stigma...known Meth capital (as loosely based “Ozark” shows) we are the “party capital “ we have Party Cove for crap sake...but, if these businesses didn’t open now, they might not have opened at all... they depend on tourists to survive...businesses did have signs, reminding them of social distancing...while pics show people absolutely ignoring them, all crowded in large groups... but, they were not kicked out, for not following the guidelines...it’s sad, but it’s really a catch 22 for businesses...open, or risk losing their livelihood...will be interesting how the next 2 weeks go, if there is a spike in cases...considering our last holiday “bar hop” for St Patty’s Day, the last get together with tourists, we began having our first cases 2 weeks later...

Sorry, this is quite the ramble...hadn’t intended it... just gonna do my best to stay safe...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Beginning of week for many of us and after a 3 day weekend it is sometimes even harder.

Dawn - I am like you. I do my best around people who are tired of the rules. I cant change them, but I can continue to protect myself. I also have the right to say, no thank you when a small group of people gets larger and out of hand and none of them wearing masks.

Our temps until Thursday will be over 100 - and not even June. Did a lot of cooking yesterday at lunch time and spaced out the rest of the hot afternoon. Drank lots of water and that did help.

I am hoping my dog food delivery lady calls as I am almost out of food.....

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    good morning!
    Sorry I was AWOL all weekend. Busy and not in good service real often.
    Dawn - I watched Ozark - now I feel like I know your area :smiley: Wisconsin made the news too - to often lately. Supreme Court says no more stay at home so what do wisconites do? - Pack the bars of course. Two -three weeks we will see what this country looks like. Maybe summer and sun will save us from ourselves. I do feel for all of the tourist business. We have Door County near us and I cannot imagine the losses they will see. But it is disappointing to me about all of this is how selfish people are and remained. All about me. I have to get my hair cut, I have to get away to the beach, I have to leave my garbage behind...I could rant forever, I will stop.
    Sara - over 100 yikes! And yes today was darn hard to come back to work.
    Lana - THANK you so much for finding all these hotties for the Cabana!
    Holly, Maureen, and anyone else peeping in - HELLO!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Well...Lake of the Ozarks made National News and TMZ...it was a record breaking weekend...sadly, we will be the ones to suffer...we are being considered ignorant, because we opened and the tourists came. Whether we opened or not, they were here. The tourists are not the ones being looked down on. As if the Ozarks didn’t already have not the best stigma...known Meth capital (as loosely based “Ozark” shows) we are the “party capital “ we have Party Cove for crap sake...but, if these businesses didn’t open now, they might not have opened at all... they depend on tourists to survive...businesses did have signs, reminding them of social distancing...while pics show people absolutely ignoring them, all crowded in large groups... but, they were not kicked out, for not following the guidelines...it’s sad, but it’s really a catch 22 for businesses...open, or risk losing their livelihood...will be interesting how the next 2 weeks go, if there is a spike in cases...considering our last holiday “bar hop” for St Patty’s Day, the last get together with tourists, we began having our first cases 2 weeks later...

Sorry, this is quite the ramble...hadn’t intended it... just gonna do my best to stay safe...

Dawn! I SAW your area on the online news!
    I am wondering if you had the forceful volume of revelers and vacationers because other places that do this (Las Vegas) are closed!!??
    You might have gotten a double whammy with not only your usual tourist/partiers but also additional people flocking to Lake of the Ozarks because their usual haunts were still closed. ?

I hope that you and your DH stay safe during the upcoming weeks. Hugs~

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    There were 12 donuts in that box. I brought 2 home and shared with DH... I can easily ignore donuts...

Lana- the issue with the pup...well, I’m definitely NOT pro breeders...but, the best thing to do, is research the breeder as much as you can. Read every review. Visit them, as much as possible, if you are able. Let them know, what sex you want and, that you will not accept otherwise. Sadly, many (not all) breeders are not good people. Not going to extremes. But, if they can get your money, they can easily scam people. Just be cautious. If you happen to know someone (besides James) that has used a particular breeder, find out their thoughts. My SIL got a GoldenDoodle from a breeder that her friend had previously used and she couldn’t be happier...I’m solely a Rescue kinda gal

Dawn - I envy your ability to avoid donuts. 😘😘😘

About my desire for an AKC Golden..
    I am not in very good personal touch with my friend who has this puppy. He and I had a falling out about how I was dealing with my estranged DH, and our long time relationship has almost completely fallen apart. What a loss for me, but....

I understand the concept of rescue, but in my case I have deep feelings:
    I never had a dog. I am almost 65 years old, and now might be my last chance to chase some of my dreams.

As you all know, in the past few years I have lost a lot of family. Therefore I have this last attainable dream.
    I want a Golden Retriever who I can love and train to be a support dog, to take to hospitals to help people who are in need.

Because I am old and alone, I wager that if I fall in love with a high-pedigree/asset dog, she will easily find a great new home/volunteer when I get sick or die.
    As for the rescue doggies, I send my financial support them.

Lana