What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Air fried some spring rolls I made last week and dumped in the freezer. The dipping sauce is oyster sauce and ketchup.
    what's in your spring rolls??😋
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and yogurt that I froze
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Where do you all like to host your pix (that you then show off here)? many thanks
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Risotto8qpoim0g6za1.jpg

I'm in food love. 😘

I hate to ask you to post another recipe, but if you have the time, I would really appreciate it. Thank you! 💕
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Risotto8qpoim0g6za1.jpg

I'm in food love. 😘

I hate to ask you to post another recipe, but if you have the time, I would really appreciate it. Thank you! 💕

This risotto is a basic recipe and then I change it up depending on what I have on hand. You can use mushrooms (I use already cooked), green beans, radicchio, saffron, walnuts, ..... .

First of all I weigh out the rice--I used arborio and for 5 people 400g (and I have some leftover risotto).
    Then in a heavy sauce pan I cover the bottom with EVOO and add finely chopped onion, carrot, celery and parsley
    (I have this mixture frozen raw in ice cube trays, because I use it often), and on a low flame start melting the
    cubes--used 2.
    Meantime I toast the rice in a frying pan on low heat. Just slightly.
    Then I add the rice to the oil and veg in the saucepan--stir
    Quickly add white wine or beer, about half a cup
    Then I add the cream--keep stirring and adding water a little at a time
    I add veg broth powder, black pepper, frozen baby shrimp, and a couple of chopped tomatoes--keep on stirring (you don't want it to stick to the
    bottom so keep adding half a cup of water at a time).
    The rice cooks in about 25 min.
    I add the grated zucchini (A cup and a half?) about 5 min before it's finished and I add the last water. Taste and add more veg broth powder
    (it's salty so no other salt) if it needs salt.
    Watch it and stir the last 5 min and all the extra liquid should be absorbed. Then turn off the flame and let it sit 2
    min. Then add grated Parmigiano Reggiano, about half a cup and stir. If you add the cheese too soon it will get
    stringy and not creamy.

The success to risotto is timing and you have to watch it. This can only come with practice, so don't be afraid--just jump in and start. Mistakes come with the territory.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @snowflake954, thank you! I'm picking up the rice at the grocery store next week. I've got plenty of time to stir these days. 😉
  • snowflake954
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    @snowflake954, thank you! I'm picking up the rice at the grocery store next week. I've got plenty of time to stir these days. 😉

Any time you've got a question, just ask. I'm happy to share whatever I know.
  • inesnsr479
    inesnsr479 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Risotto8qpoim0g6za1.jpg

This looks yum, i made risotto last week, didn't look near as yum as this one hehe
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Snowflake ~ Thank you for posting your recipes. I wish more folks would do that because sometimes the photos just look like globs of mixed up stuff on plates. JMHO
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    inesnsr479 wrote: »
    t8ledm08m85e.jpg
    suyapbgnsg1f.jpg

made these, super yum . served with a side of dhal soup , didn't take a photo of that

I want that 🤤
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    2g227kwdx0q2.jpeg
    I have really really loved getting creative with pantry and freezer meals in the past few months, and using up odds and ends like old-ish fresh herbs and onions about to get mushy. These are my falafel (which I made a ton of and froze, so that I can thaw and fry up at my leisure), an awesome and refreshing kidney-bean-red-onion salad, and leftover herbed feta on martin’s potato bread (which, pro-tip, lasts way longer on the counter than all other sliced bread I’ve had!)
  • snowflake954
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Mushrooms. Closeup action @snowflake954

87lwa7ffqugl.jpg

Fantastic! Makes my mouth water!