What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Sunday dinner is served. Roasted chicken quarters with carrots, squash, onion and garlic. Side is a fresh greens salad tossed with tomatoes and balsamic. Healthy, nutritious and delish? Yes, yes, yes :)

Top is fresh in the over and bottom is out of the oven after 45min at 400F. Image from instagram.
    i-D3gs5B3-L.jpg

And on the plate :)
    i-mjB6ZH7-L.jpg
    Looks really good!
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    5r3bogygyxxp.jpg
    509n30tsdcol.jpg
    joiv2s8giwi4.jpg
    03ehoex15t1p.jpg
    4u2k2arh2j70.jpg
    9sfauwkws2vk.jpg
    kl5rvwybti5o.jpg
    That's one mealllllllllll? :confused:
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous meals everyone.

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Sofrito chicken zucchini boats. xptkmebtr7ul.jpg
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    An Italian pig-out on the weekend and so I tried to be sensible today and just had a pizza for lunch and sushi and a honey sweet potato with sour cream, dates & honey for dessert.

hbtsjsope48n.jpg
    nxpxr2j66d3o.jpg
    yi3h0ott2klf.jpg
    p5hsis77ty7f.jpg
    mb8859nrac0n.jpg
    zz0p9y2wx33l.jpg
  • DigitalAnthony
    DigitalAnthony Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    9uukn6g53of2.jpg
    I cook this in bulk and put over white rice. I feel amazing after I eat this. Jamaican Chicken Curry
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    9uukn6g53of2.jpg
    I cook this in bulk and put over white rice. I feel amazing after I eat this. Jamaican Chicken Curry

Looks amazing!!
  • amandakatebanana
    amandakatebanana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can you please post recipe for Jamaican curry chicken? Thanks!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I would like as well!
  • BreederUK
    BreederUK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Dinner this evening....

4oy6svj47ilc.jpg
  • ecr152
    ecr152 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Id love to know the nutritional content of these dishes!!! Oh my Gosh they all look delish!!! Tonight's dinner is turkey wings baked in cream of mushroom soup served with rice n steamed cabbage
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I had Skinless Chicken breast (150g), broccoli, carrot, potato, red/yellow peppers, onion cooked in Mayflower Chinese Curry Sauce - made from the curry powder. Delicous.

The Jamaican Chicken Curry on this site looks absolutely amazing.

• nixology
    Options
    Lunch was fresh artisan baguette with sour cream mixed with dates and pine nuts. Dinner was carrot and coriander soup with sweet potato loaded with the same sour cream mix and fried chicken wings.d9ap4gzwun5y.jpg
    bwrn7l8ul511.jpg
  • nixology
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Today was a rainy day so I had mutton soup for lunch, nasi bryani for dinner and toasted baguette with dated sour cream, cardamon tea, strawberry cheesecake ice cream and mango mouse cake for dessert. I swear I did not mean to have so much dessert but a neighbour brought the cake over just as I was making dessert.
    n9pjqcpzo601.jpg
    rzd4x95bx09r.jpg
    9udxdafjnoua.jpg
    thcz1o1x0wt1.jpg
  • nixology
    Options
    I wanna move into crazyravr's home! LOL.

Lunch was bacon, pine nuts, lettuce and dated sour cream sammiches with my colleague's yummy fried carrot cake dark truffles cheesecake and some fruits. Dinner was a burger with bacon, caramelised balsamic red onions and mozzarella with more of the cheesecake and my trusty cardamon tea.

kiun0bzoh239.jpg
    4tbcsib7e9tf.jpg
    ylvhi4wxzgt4.jpg

fz97sjt9ywrj.jpg
    r8vrqztdr5kf.jpg
  • fat2fab2020
    fat2fab2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to post my meals on instragram everyday. Pretty proud of my page. Check it out and follow me and add me here as well.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr as you know, we all covet the food you post here. I'm curious - how long do you normally take to prepare your dinners? Is it like an hour? More? Also - to make me at least feel better, can you please tell us that not EVERYTHING you make turns out this beautifully? Surely you've got some flops in there too, right? ;)
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    Just few of my work lunches. All prepped ahead of time, portioned, vac packed and frozen. Just waiting for me :)

Home smoked quail on top of the usual spinach, avocado and mixed veggies.
    i-wgLhgW8-L.jpg

Last night's dinner for lunch at work... Yes please. Turkey meatballs, spicy tomato sauce with spaghetti squash on broccoli.
    i-KLzfMT6-L.jpg

Work mid morning snack. Tuna, avocado, cucumber and red pepper salad topped with babaganoush.
    i-nxmG7tV-L.jpg

Lunch time. Couple of eggs done in microwave, sweet potato with kale salad mix.
    i-8grp9Tp-L.jpg

Are you a chef? These look really fantastic.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    @crazyravr as you know, we all covet the food you post here. I'm curious - how long do you normally take to prepare your dinners? Is it like an hour? More? Also - to make me at least feel better, can you please tell us that not EVERYTHING you make turns out this beautifully? Surely you've got some flops in there too, right? ;)

Get home from work at 5pm. Have coffee and a some desert. Watch a show on netflix, or whatever. 6pm I start on dinner and its on the table by 7pm. Thats everyday for me. Like I said before I enjoy cooking and if the food looks good it will taste good, well almost always hahaha. Trick is to keep things simple. Meat + veg.

Just to give you an example of tonight. During work at lunch I went to my local seafood store and got 2lbs red snapper. Had him clean it etc. I have 1lbs of broccoli already chopped at home in the fridge. The only thing I have to do is sprinkle the fish with spices, toss the broccoli in some oil, cut squash in half, clean it and cube it and toss in some oil. Throw all this either on the bbq or into the oven if its raining (hope not) and there you have it. Prep like what.... 10 minutes? Cook 40 min? But when things are cooking you are not doing anything hehe :)

I have been following this thread for a while, and like everyone else, I really admire your meals (and your photos!). I learned some time ago while visiting a friend that keeping it simple makes dinner easier and delicious (she made a beautiful grilled salmon salad with fresh herbs that took mere minutes to make).

Last night I took a cue from your meals. My husband picked up some thick cut pork chops from the butcher. I simply cut up a butternut squash, eggplant and beets, tossed with EVOO and salt and roasted. We had two whole trays of beautiful, nutritious and unbelievably delicious vegetables which I had for dinner and lunch again today. And I am stuffed! Unfortunately, I take crappy photos, so I didn't even try to capture it...you'll just have to trust me!