I just ate an entire box of cereal

13»

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Wrong thing to read while very tired!

155g and 723 Cal of granola later (which not even 10% of the MegaSized 1.8kg box) I will report that putting it away and eating it 30g at a time and getting up and opening it the box again and weighing another portion, and sitting down to eat it and.... well. It didn't hurt to do all that!

Curious: if the OP is trying to bulk and, OVERALL, they're not gaining too fast... why is it bad to overeat the cereal?

In his case it is OK to eat the cereal - The OP is a thin college age athlete , who is wanting to bulk up = he needs calories - lots of them.. When I was younger & training more, a post squat meal might be a turkey breast - or a thigh & drumstick + potatoe & veggie, or 3/4 - 1 lb hamburger + a couple, 2-3 cups of rice , one meal, 2-3 plates , I would eat 2 breakfasts - pork chops & eggs. you get the idea , never counted cals, all this at 5'8" 165-170 lbs
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    Curious: if the OP is trying to bulk and, OVERALL, they're not gaining too fast... why is it bad to overeat the cereal?

In his case it is OK to eat the cereal - The OP is a thin college age athlete , who is wanting to bulk up = he needs calories - lots of them.. When I was younger & training more, a post squat meal might be a turkey breast - or a thigh & drumstick + potatoe & veggie, or 3/4 - 1 lb hamburger + a couple, 2-3 cups of rice , one meal, 2-3 plates , I would eat 2 breakfasts - pork chops & eggs. you get the idea , never counted cals, all this at 5'8" 165-170 lbs

See, what you say makes sense to me (though I think you might have benefited from some ice-cream, or cereal too); which is why I was curious why the OP seemed to think it was a terrible idea--assuming he is not gaining too fast overall, which doesn't seem to be the case! :wink:
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    I ate
    ecjim wrote: »

See, what you say makes sense to me (though I think you might have benefited from some ice-cream, or cereal too); which is why I was curious why the OP seemed to think it was a terrible idea--assuming he is not gaining too fast overall, which doesn't seem to be the case! :wink:

I ate ice cream too - as often as possible
  • willpowerburton86
    willpowerburton86 Posts: 1 Member
    I ATE 3 BOWLS OF CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH WITH OREO ICE CREAM INSTEAD OF MILK LAST NIGHT. NO REGETS WHATSOEVER. #BULKING
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wrong thing to read while very tired!

155g and 723 Cal of granola later (which not even 10% of the MegaSized 1.8kg box) I will report that putting it away and eating it 30g at a time and getting up and opening it the box again and weighing another portion, and sitting down to eat it and.... well. It didn't hurt to do all that!

And he's a freakin' college rower, besides. I've known female college rowers who had to be put on (quite literally) a 4000 calorie per day shake supplement on top of all the calories the young women could cram in via regular eating, in order not to lose weight at a punitive rate. Yeah, that extreme is unusual . . . but rowing at that level is a crazy-big calorie burner. It was routine, on the team I was close to, for the coaches to give them cereal and chocolate milk to eat after practice, every day, in addition to meals. He's probably burning calories over 1000 x 6 days, just from the rowing, let alone other activity.

Unless he's the flippin' coxswain (the tiny person who steers and talks, which at 6'0" I'm sure he isn't), then 3000 calories is not maintenance calories, let along bulking.

Still a zombie thread, though. ;)