Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Lana - thank you I have been wondering about mail delivery as only 2 of 5 people have mentioned they received a card. I am glad you have a good place for it.

I am off to have lunch and then start baking and cooking so my week is easier.

More changes in my daily life makes energy difficult but still no ice cream in the house, cake yes, but no ice cream and I have substituted plantain chips for less nutritious snack items.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- so glad Miss T is home. Meds and pups can be tricky..hopefully, she’ll start taking it better for you..

I am very thankful that everything went well with Gmas surgery. But, I’m incredibly frustrated right now. She has trouble walking, uses cane or walker. When we left the hospital Saturday, she wanted to go to cemetery to Gpas grave. The hospital was close. She also wanted to go out to eat. Mom and I had just ate, so I offered to order online for pick up. While I sat in car doing so, she fell in the cemetery. She was ok. Just struggled to get up. Then, after she ate, she wanted to go shopping. I told her no and she got upset... where she wanted to go was closed and only doing pick up, anyway. Found out, this evening, that my Uncle took her shopping this morning and she fell. Now, Gma is incredibly stubborn and will “pout” when told no. It’s like dealing with a child. So, I’m sure he just didn’t want to listen and he spoke with my mom who I guess was ok with it. I just don’t get it. She is almost 85 years old. She has cancer. She just had surgery. She should be at home. I feel like, no one understands this. The whole time I was with my family, I felt like no one understands me. I love my family. I just don’t really feel like I belong...

Sorry, that was a lot of whining. On some good news (hopefully) my nephew got engaged, today. He is 29 . I have no idea how old his fiancé is. But, they just seem so young to me. I’m going to try to think positive and hope they wait a bit to get married..as his sisters wedding is in September...lol

Sorry for the long post. Back to work, tomorrow...blah..

Hope everyone had a good weekend..
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Oh...I almost forgot... I shampooed Gmas carpets, yesterday...what a workout! They look much better...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, members of your family would rather do as your gma wants as it is easier. You cannot change that. You cannot change your family or your gma. Try to look past it, know your gma is doing better if she wants to go shopping......great job burning calories carpet cleaning is a work out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Not really awake. Nice that I can get up later in the morning, it would be better if I went to bed at my regular time.

Dog apt after work. Note in 2 places to remind me as I usually sleep, but I can sleep afterwards.

Lots of cooking so good part of week set up.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what do you guys eat for breakfast? My portion control still it good.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara and Holly~~

I eat a big breakfast at roughly 10AM every day. Eggs & veggies with a bit of shredded cheese; often I have some ham or two sausage links. Sometimes I have orange juice.
    I get up around 7am and drink my mostly decaf coffee.
    - - - -
    Dawn - I agree with Sara and her observations about your grandmother. There's nothing that you can do except be supportive. It's impossible to corral an entire family! You rock for doing her carpets!!!

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Runa and Missy and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

255.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Dawn--Hugs. It is hard to raise family. Especially when they are "adults."

Sara--Hope Miss Tillie feels better.

Some events this weekend have given me a little motivation to clean up my food intake a little. Famous Serial Starter words--No sugar, No grains from today forward.

The main event was certifying the new bowling alley in a nearby town for League use. This business is not open yet. (Actually not even completed. The floors are not finished, no seating installed. No computers yet.) However, the Lanes themselves are ready. Certification is a lengthy process of measuring to be sure every aspect of the lane is within a very strict tolerance.

It was exciting and exhausting. A lot of up and down and a lot of walking. A year ago would not have been a problem. Now, I hurt all over.

So back to the main point. I am not trying to lose weight as much as I would like to be able to move without joint pain. To achieve this goal, inflammation must be reduced. Sugar and grains are the biggest enemies to my joint health.

Since measuring joint pain is not a thing, weight will still be the yardstick. Here goes:

CW 213.2
    HW 222 (in 2018)
    GW 190 by November
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Thank you for remembering and asking about FIL. Surgery more complicated than expected - but he did well. Is walking and starting his recovery, so that is good. No surprises when they opened him up.
    Dawn - your stubborn Gramma made me smile. I have one like that too. But it is hard to say no to an 85 year old Gramma- even if it is for her own good. Good for you in doing so. Glad she is doing well.
    Sara - I am glad Ms T is hanging in there. I don't envy you giving her meds though. That is always fun. If only we could reason with dogs - life would be easier :)
    Lana - hello! Your breakfast sounds like mine. I do not do well making it through the AM without protein for breakfast.
    Tracy - Great goals - you got this! Pain is a motivator for me as well. Our bodies don't always cooperate do they?
    Have a great Monday! Was my birthday yesterday and Mother Nature brought me 75, sunny and breezy. GREAT day!

Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Lynn~~

6ch8smpxard1.jpg

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Aww thanks Lana!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    holly, I eat cream of wheat or oatmeal with blueberries and ricotta cheese (use milk instead of water) so 2 dairy and one fruit to start day.

Okay I cant improve on Lana's picture, but I can be nosy - what did you do for your birthday??
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You are correct, Lynn! Our bodies don't always cooperate. If they did, I could eat bread and ice cream every day without pain or weight gain. :D

Lost a lot of water weight yesterday.

CW 208.2 (-5 lbs)
    HW 222 (in 2018)
    GW 190 by November
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Tracy, my dog meds schedule has changed and I am not up at 3am to feed her - thank you for starting us. I have lost 2 pounds on the scale (does it really tell the truth??) this week, so keep up the good work. For me my stress emotions get in the way and I reward myself with food.

Getting hot again here. It is summer but these are July/August temps.

One of dog's meds got halved and she is more interactive and vocal which for me is a good sign. Now to get her to eat what I think is nasty looking food.

Tuesday is meeting with Mrs Monster whose street name just added "quit ridding my KITTEN". Need to complain less I am able to work from home at least for now.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    YAY boss has next 2 days off, breathing deeply and relaxing.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    YAY boss has next 2 days off, breathing deeply and relaxing.

Good morning Sara~~

So you have a meeting with Mrs. Monster today, and she will be taking Wed. and Thurs. off??
    Yeeeeeehah!
    Glad to hear the Miss Tillie is more lively.

Well, I got into things yesterday that are not good for me and have a lot of sugar, so the scale shot up from calories plus water retention.

I keep doing the same unhealthy *kitten* to myself. I'm just miserable too often, and I just stop caring. My therapist doesn't seem to have answers for that.....maybe I'll look online.

Waves to you Tracy and to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

257.8 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 goal for 2020
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    holly, I eat cream of wheat or oatmeal with blueberries and ricotta cheese (use milk instead of water) so 2 dairy and one fruit to start day.

Okay I cant improve on Lana's picture, but I can be nosy - what did you do for your birthday??

Didn’t do a lot for my birthday, but did enjoy my day. My daughter came for a visit and most of the rest of the day I putzed around in my flower beds and gardens, which is a source of enjoyment for me!

Lana - I am not a therapist by any means. My sister recently became a life/health coach. I have not gone through her program, but it seems it is a lot about finding self love. I am pretty sure that i am not there...I am my own worst enemy and am very hard on myself. Pretty sure harder on myself than I would be the ones I love. Anyway, which your therapist could help.
    Holly - caught up a bit and missed you were on Vacation at the beach. Sounds marvelous!

Waves to Tracy, Maureen(missing her lately) and all else who stop by.
    Lynn
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Well...Grandma ended up in the ER...they found absolutely nothing wrong..NOTHING...she stayed overnight...NOTHING wrong with her...I kind of think, she is lonely, scared of falling and just likes the attention... she no longer cooks for herself... she won’t eat what Uncle and his wife cook...so, unless she eats out, she has cheese and crackers for meals...in the hospital, she gets her meals brought to her and, seemed to really like the food...odd...anyway, they wanted her to go to Rehab facility, she refused. They want her to have in home care...she refused, mom over rode her and said yes...so, they will be getting that set up, soon...go Mom! I’m hoping, once someone comes in and helps (even 1 day a week) she will see, it’s not such a bad idea...hopefully, she won’t be too hard on the person..

Sara- how is Miss Tillie? Being vocal really is a good sign...hope she continues to improve..

Lana and Lynn- Thank you...it is tough..but, I’m not there... I’m basically an outsider...I just get frustrated when I think they should know better...

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Miss T is improving a little at a time. She is more interactive, less groggy and more demanding. For me that is a good sign and she eats a little of her food.

Your family has life long habits that are probably not going to change. Kudos to your mother for making gma have home care- they can make her food she likes!! Hang in there, there is only so much you can do about the rest of them. Be there for her - if there is a "dont eat" list steer clear of it, but you can bring her "special treats".......

Need to get to sleep. I am so tired lately, that I have been sleeping for lunch. Means I have to go to sleep earlier.

Catch you on the flip side.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, half way through week already? One more day without boss.

I smell like the dog food as she can and does fight me when trying to syringe meds in her throat. Not a perfume I recommend. I forgot to give her the anti nausea meds, but when timer goes off..... other meds must be on empty stomach.

Hot and humid for us - just is.

Need to aim towards work. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.