Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Serial Starters

Replies

• marsellilovemarsellilove Posts: 114Member Member Posts: 114Member Member
    Welp due to the worst bout of heart burn I've ever had (and going to see a doctor about it because it's pretty chronic at this point) I haven't been logging because I haven't been really eating. I'm also at a loss of how to meal plan, everything I bought to cook seems like a possible landmine.
  • gemwolf110gemwolf110 Posts: 817Member Member Posts: 817Member Member
    Welp due to the worst bout of heart burn I've ever had (and going to see a doctor about it because it's pretty chronic at this point) I haven't been logging because I haven't been really eating. I'm also at a loss of how to meal plan, everything I bought to cook seems like a possible landmine.

Having heartburn is awful, definitely should consult a doctor and take note of the foods that set it off.
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Good morning All~~

Suzu - So did you attend the wellness group last night? If yes, I hope that you make a go of it. Few people like a group thing, but if it has decent chemistry, it can be quite a nice thing, I think. I'm assuming there is no cost involved; Weight Watchers is expensive in comparison these days.

Lana - Yes, I did join the group, and while the information isn't new ( let's face it - most of us know what we are supposed to do) there were some good "support buddies" in the group. Appreciate the note!

I find the same with the Real Appeal group that is offered through work (technically the insurance plan) but it's nice to have the group support even though it is all via computer. It's free, as opposed to paying 45 bucks a month for WW. I do kinda miss the in person setting though. I think the in person provides more accountability.
    Happy Friday all!

It wasn't an overly busy week but glad that Friday is here. counting the hours until I can get out of work, just been wiped out this week. I did manage to get to the gym 4 out of 6 days so far, tracked food everyday, and planning out my week next week. Does anyone have any interesting plans for the weekend ahead? Mine are basically relaxing at home, except for a couple of hours where I'll be a score keeper for an ice hockey game. It's on an as needed basis. It'll give me a few extra bucks in my pocket and I get to watch my favorite sport. I'm looking into for probably next year becoming a ref or a coach for ice hockey, and possibly even softball. I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner...
  • Tilliesmommy1Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 3,143Member Member Posts: 3,143Member Member
    Megan/Marsel - wowie glad you are seeing a doctor for this. Not fun. This place keeps me on a healthy lifestyle so for me it is not just food - post whenever you like. Get your "eat this" and "dont eat this" from the Dr and that will help. Hang in there.

Missy - love your new second job win/win - great job with your week.

Checked post from this morning, weekend will be sewing up scarves (2) for cancer center and crocheting some hearts (see how hand takes it) for package coworker will deliver next week.

Food? Not sure maybe the powerbowl recipe I posted this week.

Lurking - the vultures are doing their rounds.
    edited January 11
  • marsellilovemarsellilove Posts: 114Member Member Posts: 114Member Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »

Having heartburn is awful, definitely should consult a doctor and take note of the foods that set it off.

The problem seems to be that everything sets it off, drinking water gives me heartburn which I've heard shouldn't be possible???

gemwolf110 wrote: »

The problem seems to be that everything sets it off, drinking water gives me heartburn which I've heard shouldn't be possible???

Supposedly not but it bothers mine.
  • hickchic67hickchic67 Posts: 656Member Member Posts: 656Member Member
    Ugh! Only 3318 steps yesterday. Granted, I had fitbit charging most of day at work, but still frightfully lacking in steps.
    Weather forecast is saying 6-8" snow, with some local spots as much as 9-10" starting late tonight. At least we are not in MO where there are spots expecting 12-18". Yikes!
    Dawn - are you in that snowmeggedon??
    Saturday is Jeep club holiday party. Its a buffet meal, so I will really have to watch myself. Normally, I would drink a ton of water before and during the meal to keep me feeling filled up. However, I have to set up and present stuff so cant afford to be running to the bathroom every 20 seconds!
  • LanaCabana537LanaCabana537 Posts: 1,700Member Member Posts: 1,700Member Member

Hello Everybody!

Waving to all who stop by today. It's 3PM, and I've got to get out there for some exercise. Yick. Too cold!

BBL

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    201.0 June 22 Beach House goal 😮
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlbbrennerjlb Posts: 261Member Member Posts: 261Member Member
    Hello all!
    Marsellove - when are you seeing a Dr.? Don't mean to add fright to your heartburn - but women manifest heart issues with heartburn sometimes. Just don't let them be dismissive about it!
    Missy - never got into hockey -although it looks like fun. My kids all played soccer and I loved that sport more than I thought I ever would! I just heard refs at kid levels are at an all time shortage - all because of rude parents!
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 3,143Member Member Posts: 3,143Member Member
    r5ixpkaxkdee.png

nice idea but dog wants her walks

vl15ryexafnn.png

this week very much so

23xs6scgeh02.png
    9162 total steps

Time to cuddle up with Miss T

Wishing all a good night
  • LanaCabana537LanaCabana537 Posts: 1,700Member Member Posts: 1,700Member Member

Hi Lynn, Hi Sara~~

Sara I especially like the middle green image about the days of the week. So true!

I totally forgot about Happy Hour at the Cabana Club. *kitten*

Lana
  • Twiley510Twiley510 Posts: 167Member Member Posts: 167Member Member
    It's Saturday!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Mine will be busy with Moose activities and a birthday dinner for my significant other. I have little control over the ingredients for my food this weekend, but will do the best I can.

Hoping to stop by later to see how everyone's doing.
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Twiley!! Enjoy your activities this weekend.

Miss T was fussing last night and I thought she was not well, so we went on a long walk - seems she just wanted to walk. I decided to enjoy the extra steps and met a new neighbor. It will be easy to fall asleep again this morning.

Will make the roasted vegetable/hard boiled egg/ whole30 powerbowl salad I posted the link awhile back and let you know....

Marsel - on this infamously long walk with dog I began to wonder if any of your heartburn is stress. Former Supervisor moved to another state to accommodate her husband and I remember her saying she could hardly eat anything because of the heartburn and she lived on Tums (not a good long term solution medication btw). It may be playing a part in this. Just glad you are going to see Dr.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2suzu_2 Posts: 245Member Member Posts: 245Member Member
    I find the same with the Real Appeal group that is offered through work (technically the insurance plan) but it's nice to have the group support even though it is all via computer. It's free, as opposed to paying 45 bucks a month for WW. I do kinda miss the in person setting though. I think the in person provides more accountability.[/quote]

ours is actually on-sight after work one night a week. There were enough of us they decided to spring for a trainer. I was so glad to see this, because I tend o do better if I'm on the road and have a travel partner that has the same food needs that I do.
  • suzu_2suzu_2 Posts: 245Member Member Posts: 245Member Member
    So this time last year I was sitting at 152 very fit pounds - 1 ran or hit the gym almost daily, ran 4 half marathons from November to March, and had steadily dropped from my all time high of 216 couch potato pounds to a well maintained 148-152 range.
    Then in May I was bitten on the foot by a brown recluse, spent a week in the hospital, three weeks with a PICC line getting daily antibiotics at the infusion center. The leg and foot swelled for months after, and even with a compression stocking threw my stride off enough that I ended up with a partial thickness tear of the meniscus at the root of my MCL. Knee would lock (or give) without warning and was really painful. Unfortunately I was still eating like I was running and going to the gym every day... I knew better. I really did.
    Here is where I am: All time high, current high, today, and goal.

ALHW: 216.0
    CHW: 192.6
    TW: 187.4
    GW: 152

Oh my goodness Suzu! How awful with that spider bite! Yikes.
    How is your knee now?
    You know what to do. That program at work has landed just at the right time, I'd say. Perfect. Bonus observation of having a travel co-worker on program; that is just wonderful.
    Suzu - where do you live? I am sometimes NYC, sometimes Chapel Hill, NC.

Tracy~~
    Happy Birthday to your SO! 🎉

📣 🔊 E R Y N 👀
    Am I remembering correctly that you live in Charleston, SC?
    I ask because I am going there for a few days in April and I would love your opinion on whether to fly between Raleigh and Charleston or rent a car and drive. Two friends of mine have a VRBO in the middle of the city for a week, and they plan on using mass transit and Uber to get around. I am staying with them for 3 days.

Sara - Nice to meet a neighbor yesterday evening~~ I hope that you totaled up some good sleep last night.

~~~Waving to Dawn (in snowstorm!) and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracey in Edmonton and Lynn and Runa and Meg and anyone else who stops by later on~~~

Lana

250.0 highest
    244.4 today
    201.0 June 22?
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74arniedog74 Posts: 1,760Member Member Posts: 1,760Member Member
    Well, for whatever reason, it won't let me share my pic. We have about 6 inches of snow and it's still coming down. Last night was scary driving home. Went off the road twice and did a donut in middle of Hwy. Now, to clarify, the Hwy is just a 2 lane road. So, it isn't as scary as it sounds. But, spinning completely around on any road, completely out of control, is scary to me. That was after it had been snowing about 4 hrs and was just starting to stick to roads. I was supposed to go in this morning. Didn't even try. Still snowing. It's let up a bit. But, supposed to get more. Power is flickering.. thank goodness we have a wood stove... guess we were due for a good snow storm. I just don't want to drive in it. Anyone else snowed in, be safe.
  • arniedog74arniedog74 Posts: 1,760Member Member Posts: 1,760Member Member
    Pic is on my home page... silly MFP