MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: September 4 to September 10, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    can i join ya im gonna call mine a gettin back on track week
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    By no means am I new to dieting but actually setting small goals and sticking to a diet long term is new. Haha

I can start with week one drinking water, water and more water! I am not a water drinker but I'd like for that to be the only thing I drink.

So, starting today I will drink nothing but water. Honestly, this will be easy and hard. So, that's my step 1!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Goals for the week:
    1. P90X week 12 - I have two weeks left and I'll be done with my 90 days, and I want to finish up this round strong.
    2. Get in 3 non P90X workout's in.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work everyday
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips) - I do this a little too often, and Iknow when I do I'm not logging these little extras.

I need a strong week so here's to a new week everyone!
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    :laugh: I like the BLTS. LOL

Those do add up I suppose!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    sexyminxinthemaki - Welcome to the thread, we are always happy to have newcomers join the thread! Feel free to post a goal to work on if you'd like. And check back in and little or as much as you like.

Welcome kk0223! Welcome to the mini goal thread! Great goal. It's nice to have one or two really small things to focus on and make them a habit that you don't even need to think about. You'd be suprised how the BLTS add up! It's something I've noticed has realy gotten away from me so it's time to focus on and work on.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    This week,
    1-I'll continue my exercise schedule;
    2-I'll eat five fruits/vegetables a day.

Both goals have been met for monday, so score!

Have a great week, everyone! :happy:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Papillon: great to see you again, and way to score so early on your Monday!!

KK- really love your water attitude/goal

My goals this week:
    Excercise everyday and add two non-swim activities (in addition to what I've been doing)
    1000 to 1400 calories consumed: this is a habit, but in two weeks I'm going to be challenged so keeping it
    Wise choice to myself everyday: wish this was a habit, and keeping it as a goal until it is
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks MAK for keeping this going. I need a get back on track week as well. Back to school tomorrow and I've already made a commitment to walk with a coworker before the students come in :happy:

So for this week beginning tomorrow 9/6:

1. Walk in the morning Tuesday - Friday.
    2. Wii Fit for at least 30 minutes at least 4 times this week.

I think that's it for this week. Really want to get into the exercise habit. Welcome to our new friends on the thread and good luck to everyone for a successful week :flowerforyou:
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    First, let me apoligize for faltering last week. I got totally sidetracked, missed the majority of my goals and then failed to log as I was so embarrassed. But on the positive, I finally broke the plateau where I have been for 3 weeks! HOORAY!! I have not logged my weight yet as I want to make sure it stays in the new range a few days so it's not one day thing.

Goals for the week beginning Monday, September 5:

1. 10 -8oz. glasses of water each day
    2. Walk each day a minimum of 1.5 miles (that I don't have class or it rains)
    3. Eat more vegetables (other than salad)
    4. One new healthy recipe this week
    5. Some sort of exercise daily

Thank you so much MAK and LADYGLORIA for your kind words and support.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone jumping in for a new week!

Goals for the week (some old, some new)
    1) exercise everyday, including 2 additional non-swim workouts (Ittee & I made a pact)
    2) calories in the green--close to habit, but it helps me to still be accountable for it
    3) No meals over 1000mg sodium (except for 1 exemption for BF"s bd dinner on Saturday)
    4) Start tracking Potassium in order to prepare for a future Sodium/Potassium balance goal
    5) DO NOT WEIGH IN ON DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY! I did weigh in today, and had a really good loss. I feel that if I continue this goal, I will work on focusing on food and exercise choices overall without obsessing over the scale. The scale will come around to my side eventually if I give myself enough time to work on it. Everyday weigh in=OCD & depression.

aim2lose--this is such a warm, safe place. Don't feel embarrassed to check in when you have a rough couple of days or a rough week. We are all here for the same reason: support, motivation, and encouragement. So glad to see you back! (BTW, love your dog/cat profile pic) This week is already a better week because you're here :flowerforyou:

Will check in later with today's results. Have a great week everyone!
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    Going to join in on this!

Mini Goal for the Week of 9/5 - 9/11: Cook Homemade meals the entire week!

For some of you this goal may be pretty easy, but for a college student this is a hard one! I tend to get VERY lazy when it comes to cooking AND doing dishes :]

M.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Sorry mak for letting you down this week. I'll start the next two to give you some time off.

Way to be awesome everyone and nice goals.

Here are mine:

1. In bed no later than 10:30.
    2. Return to healthy meal choices, this weekend reminded me how poor ones make you feel exhausted.
    3. Get in week 3 of chalean and return to zumba. I missed the last three weeks of zumba and am having withdrawals.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Here again, new week 3 C25K workouts + another workout, > water intake 10+ cups of water. Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday and are ready to get back at the grind of the work week.
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Monday.. :smile: Looking forward to another mini goal week! Logged food, hoping to get a workout in tonight.

Goals for this week: continue logging food/exercise daily, increase water at least 2 glasses/day, complete 2-3 workouts this week :drinker:
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Papillon22 – So glad to have you back. Great goals :smile: Way to start the week off strong and make both your goals.

Ittee – Great goals again. Good luck making wise choices, you did great last week, so keep it up this week.

Danlyn – Happy to keep the thread up, you know how much I love it! Good luck starting back to school this week, and way to make a walking buddy! Helps keep you accountable when you have a friend to walk with. Way to focus on exercise this week. You can do it!

aim2lose – No apologizing! We are so glad you are back, here’s to a new week and a new opportunity to work on those mini goals. WAY to bust up that plateau YAAAYYY!!!

Philosohoe – Love how you and Ittee work out together and keep each other motivated. Good luck with your goals this week I know you will do great!

Hzminda – Welcome to the mini goal thread! Good luck with the home cooking this week and your classes!

Ladygloria – You didn’t let me down… never ever! Don’t you worry. I got your back :smile: Good luck with your early bed time this week. That one can be tough! Have fun with Zumba and wk3 of Chalean!

KrisPage – Glad you are back! Good luck with week 3 of C25K! Had a great weekend… not ready to go back to work. LOL!! How about you?

10more – Glad you found the new thread. Way to get Monday off to a great start with the logging, hope you got the workout in.

Monday check in:
    1. P90X week 12 – Day 1 DONE. 1 down 5 to go.
    2. Get in 3 non P90X workout's in. Got in a bike ride today. 1 for 3 so far
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work everyday – no work today.
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips) – EPIC FAIL!!!! Way way way too many. This is going to be a work in progress for a while!

Have a great evening and a wonderful Tuesday.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    back in the a.m to share my goals. :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • magllhn
    magllhn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you all. Restarting with MFP after being gone over a year. Have a lot to lose...but even more to gain.

My mini goals for this week:
    1. Track food daily.
    2. Plan to move my body and then move daily.
    3. Stay off of the scale accept for once weekly weigh in.
  • asm0118
    asm0118 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Did pretty well last week! Hoping to improve this week!

1) Keep my calories within 200 cals of 1200 either direction!
    2) Burn a minimum of 300 calories/day
    3) Finish Week 4 of C25K, and improve each time
    4) Take my Rx meds everyday like I'm supposed to!

For today, I failed miserably! LOL
    1) Ate 1429 cals (almost made it!)
    2) Burned 266 cals (again, almost!)
    3) Did W4D1 and was so proud of myself! Did not break once! Run pace was only 12:24, but I'm happy with that for now!
    4) Took first dose, but did forget my night dose before work. Oh well!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    My check in:
    Excercised twice today (amazing how that can be addictive)
    went 12 calories over my goal (I blame my poor math skills, but am not overly bummed) WHITMAN: you shouldn't be either, you came close to two girly!!
    Wise choice: decided I can't be on the computer all day like my husband can and called it an early night with him so I could get in another swim at night. Feel so much better from just stretching.

Mag: like your goals. Wonderful steps to get going!

MAK: love your BLTS
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Monday night check in:
    1) Exercise everyday--check 1/7 (day 18 in a row) still need 2 non-swims for the week
    2) Calories in the green--check I'm getting a little spoiled by all the extra exercise points, but I think I'm listening to my body more: feed it when hungry; stop when full. Actually for all 3 meals that I ate today, I realized that I was getting full while I still had food left on my plate. I think that's a good sign that I can cut back my portion sizes a little.
    3) No meals over 1000mg sodium--check (a little bit over 2200 but staying in a reasonable zone)
    4) Monitor potassium--check. Adjusted my nutrients so I can see sodium & potassium side by side. Ultimately I want to get my sodium/potassium to an equal ratio, but for now it's just a monitoring goal.*Research note: I did find out that potassium is not one of the nutrients that is required by law to be on nutritional labels, so a lot of foods that actually have a fair amount of potassium (like artichokes) are showing up as "0". This will be part of my challenge...
    5) DO NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY! Monday with a loss--BooYAH!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Happy Tuesday to you! :smokin: