If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    For the record, tomorrow is National German Chocolate Cake day here in the US...

German chocolate banana bread :)

nq68fo5bl6m2.png

https://www.tasteloveandnourish.com/german-chocolate-chip-banana-bread/
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    For the record, tomorrow is National German Chocolate Cake day here in the US...

nq68fo5bl6m2.png

What is different about a German Chocolate Cake?
  • pancakerunner
    l09djuv9awcm.jpg
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

nq68fo5bl6m2.png

What is different about a German Chocolate Cake?

It has a coconut and pecan filling...see photo above.
  • pancakerunner
    lx1x wrote: »
    44s0ym7vxbff.jpg

Hell yes, 🤤
    adding another item to the banana bread train....

9jq4lc02471h.jpg
    More butter 😄.. and yes please.

bo9ndfjkcfl8.png
    6h4wgs03sjd1.png
  • pancakerunner
    ubisg7j14cee.png
    xoaej56danl7.png
  • pancakerunner
    te3zmt6yqd61.png
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    edited June 2020
    ubisg7j14cee.png
    xoaej56danl7.png

Now yer talking my language .😂🤤
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    te3zmt6yqd61.png

Want🤤
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    The German Chocolate Cake Day made me look it up...hey, it's not from Germany at all!

From Wikipedia...ya learn something new every day:

German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German. On June 3, 1957, a recipe for "German's Chocolate Cake" appeared as the "Recipe of the Day" in The Dallas Morning News.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    The German Chocolate Cake Day made me look it up...hey, it's not from Germany at all!

From Wikipedia...ya learn something new every day:

German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German. On June 3, 1957, a recipe for "German's Chocolate Cake" appeared as the "Recipe of the Day" in The Dallas Morning News.

I assumed it was from Germany too.. there ya go, I learned something too..

Now I'm craving rich chocolate cake..
  • miscgraphics
    miscgraphics Posts: 24 Member
    Cake seems to be a popular answer, and I love cake. There’s chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting that I’d eat all day long if it didn’t have calories. But not thinking about it... nope. Not thinking about it at all. I’m really not. Can you buy just one piece of cake? What am I saying? I don’t want it. Lol
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Okay people. Stop. Just stop. That's enough. Now. I'm trying to start back to my healthy way of eating with my veggie omelet for dinner, bunless veggie burger smothered in veggies for lunch and a banana/raspberry nice cream for breakfast. I'm planning on my plain Greek yogurt for my bedtime snack. But if you don't STOP all this nonsense right this minute, I'm going to run to the store and see what they've got in their bakery aisle(they actually make a pretty mean carrot cake there) or buy another pint of the B&J's kind. So STOP. ;)

Hmmm, wonder if they've got banana bread? Or chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting or...........?? Oh man. I'm doomed. :(
  • miscgraphics
    miscgraphics Posts: 24 Member
    Touché pancake.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    OMG YESSS to the banana bread ice cream sandwich, what a genius idea. Now I am craving banana bread.

All the photos of chocolate cakes just don't do it for me. Not a fan of chocolate cake. Could go for some funnel cake though!

yo8f6nsdwu9f.png
    c3k762jw7w50.png
    aewfiaa2jhoy.png