Apple Cider Vinegar 🍎 ?????

Options
I enjoy the health benefits from Apple 🍎 Cider Vinegar and like the taste in my tea. I drink tea everyday. My concern is damaging my tooth enamel. 🦷 I have read articles not to brush right after you drink Apple cider vinegar, however, wash your mouth with water (wait 20-30 to brush).

I do not see any impacts to my tooth enamel, however, I want to play it smart. I know an option is to take ACV pills, I prefer the taste of it in my tea though.

Have you had any issues from drinking ACV?

Many thanks!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic Beetroot, Organic Pomegranate, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Water, Organic Cane Sugar, Pectin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural Apple Flavors, Organic Carrot, Organic Apple, Organic Blackcurrant (for color and flavor)

I don't want to rain on any parade but ACV fortified gummy bears have these ingredients. You can choose what's the better option for your teeth. :#

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    @RelCanonical : I nominate you to try it for a while and report back. 24oz of water + ACV + lemon before every meal for a month.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    @RelCanonical : I nominate you to try it for a while and report back. 24oz of water + ACV + lemon before every meal for a month.

How many ounces of ACV, and how much lemon?
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The only thing I use ACV is to rinse my hair since I use shampoo bars and not the bottled stuff. Not sure I would want to eat it! (You'll be pleased to know the smell doesn't stay on your hair!)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    How many ounces of ACV, and how much lemon?

24oz water + 1 tbs ACV + 1/4 lemon squeeze

That's how my wife does it, anyway. T'won't kill you.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @RelCanonical @annpt77 I like YOU BOTH! Whiskey - haha!
    @Jthanmyfitnesspal Congratulation to your wife - impressive 50lb loss!!
    @lemurcat2 I like the taste of it in my tea. I typically have a few cups of hot tea before dinner.

Since January I have lost 20 pounds+! It was a mix of a healthy diet, ASV and working out! Perhaps ASV had nothing to do with since I made several changes, however, if it did, great, if not, great! 😃
    b0qbfn8lkenl.jpeg

I do think that ASV helps suppress my appetite. Maybe its in my head, however, I do feel it works! I do like the taste in my tea and I will be careful of not harming my teeth.

From Prevention Magazine:
    Can Adding Apple Cider Vinegar to Your Diet Help You Lose Weight?
    Turns out there's some science behind this trend—but there's a catch.
    https://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/diets/a20718413/apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/

From Men’s Health:
    The Truth About Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss
    An expert explains why it's not a quick fix.
    https://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/a19540836/apple-cider-vinegar-weight-loss/

Harvard:
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/apple-cider-vinegar-diet-does-it-really-work-2018042513703
    After three months, those who consumed vinegar had modest weight loss (2 to 4 pounds) and lower triglyceride levels than those who drank no vinegar.

Have a great Thursday! Thanks for your responses, I have enjoyed reading and hearing others perspective!