Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options

@fairy_daisy Try not to be too disappointed. Sometimes weight loss plateaus and it can take a while for it to start moving again. Try switching things up a bit. Maybe eat a different kind of food. Like a new source of protein or a new kind of veggie. Or try a new kind of exercise. Sometimes little changes like that can jumpstart it back up again.

Thanks @HEGoddard0928 . That's a good point - I've got into a really set routine of eating a lot of the same foods and doing the same daily walks, it's not very inspiring any more. Tomorrow is a new week, I'll see what I can to mix things up. Even if the scale doesn't shift, I might have a more interesting week. And I'm so impressed that you managed to distract yourself from eating your treat! I know that feeling of wanting something even when not hungry so much...
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 21 June

Good morning everyone. I hope your day goes according to plan. Today I will:

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 omg your evening treat sounds so yummy! I was obbsessed with yogurt when I was pregnant but havent had it much lately. Im gonna add that to my next grocery order. Ray is good! Hes sleeping thru the night at 4 months! Im a lucky mama
    nyaz68dwxkde.jpg
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    1. Wash face/brush teeth am ✔
    2. Log food ✔
    3. One water every time I'm at the sink 👎 at work and wore a mask all day, too busy hardly got a break no water :|
    4. Eat when hungry/stop when full 👎 see above
    5. Go for a walk with R ✔ went for a swim! First swim! Im counting it
    6. Log JGM10Days challenge ✔
    7. Write chore goals on fridge 👎 hardly any home time after swimming and work
    8. Wash face/brush teeth pm ✔
    9. Be kind (even if the other person isnt) ✔
    10. Bed by 1030 ✔

1. Wash face/brush teeth am
    2. Log food
    3. One water every time I'm at the sink for rest of day
    4. Eat when hungry/stop when full
    5. Log JGMTD
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run 6 miles.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: steak? Write a blog post - album? Email Dr. Bates. Garden 3-8.
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: wrap. 1 hr writing: letter to B.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading. Critique writing group submissions.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Tues 23 writing group via Zoom. Wed book group. Thu play practice. N 10-3 3, M 3-8 6, T 10-3 3, W 11-7 rest, R off 10, F 12-6 walk, S 12-6 3, N off 6, M 10-6 walk, T 3-8 6. Check with PCP about SHBP screening. Call about blood work Monday. Loyal Tea before play practice Thursday. Tues 23 pick up book from library. Thursday visit parents. Need to begin working on Google certification!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. I need to remember to take a towel with me when I go for a run because I'm sweaty and then I don't want to just get into the car to drive home when I'm gross.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, timer, weigh, pill😀
    2. Breakfast = eggs🤷‍♀️
    3. Lunch = salad + chicken👿
    4. Dinner = ?🤷‍♀️
    5. Review appraisal😀
    6. Meal plan🤨
    7. Grocery shop😀
    8. Wrap dad day gifts👿
    9. Upstairs by 10🤨
    10. Journal👿
    11. Meditate 👿
    12. Lights out 10:45👿

Sunday Action Plan
    1. Weigh, pills😀
    2. Wrap Father’s Day presents😀
    3. Breakfast = Kashi+ yogurt😀
    4. Lunch = salad + turkey wrap😀
    5. Pack cooler for dad day visit and load in car with gifts😀
    6. Dinner = tacos😀
    7. Make 3 salads👿
    8. Check in on work status😀
    9. Determine Monday workout slot 😀—weights and walk at noon, else at 5:30
    10. Upstairs by 9🤷‍♀️
    11. Lay out clothes😀
    12. Journal😀
    13. Meditate
    14. Lights out 9:45

So yesterday I suffered from too much lack of structure in my day + a long workout in the morning that left me tired and lazy. So I didn’t even work to the plan I had up above and I definitely overate. Today (Father’s Day) was more structured so I was able to right this ship and get back on course.

Happy Father’s Day to all those out there!

Monday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill, timer, weigh
    2. Pets, Shower, pill
    3. On video 0655
    4. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
    5. Mid day snack: 1/2 protein bar
    6. Weights at noon
    7. Lunch = salad + chicken
    8. Dinner = grilled sausages + corn
    9. Walk at 5:30
    10. Make 3 salads
    11. Upstairs by 9
    12. Layout clothes
    13. Figure out Tuesday workout slot
    14. Journal
    15. Meditate
    16. Lights out 9:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
    One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating (through June)
    1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
    🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘
    🧘🧘🧘🧘🚫🚫🧘🧘🧘🧘
    🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the strength I feel growing in my body and the opportunity to build it.

WOTY: Habits
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

@AJB1014 , your babe is such a cutie, I love his lovely dark hair and his smile :)

JFT Sunday 21st June

Log everything yes
    Stay under maintenance yes, 1417 cals, pretty good for a Sunday
    Back exercises no
    5 fruit and veg yes
    Dig out large shrub yes

Yesterday I was thinking I'd like a treat, it being Sunday, but I didn't have anything in the house (no treats or chocolate bought on weekly shopping trip). After a while I suddenly remembered I had some little pieces of cake in the cupboard...how could I forget that?! I'm putting it down to the fact I'm eating more healthily, not that my memory is going lol. So treats were 100 cals of cake and 100 cals of crisps, I would have been in the green if I hadn't had them, but I still feel it wasn't too bad. A bit peeved that the scales have gone up a pound this morning though!

JFT Monday 22nd June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk if not too wet
    Tidy up paperwork
    Do small jobs around house
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I like your new picture!

SATURDAY/SUNDAY:
    - Landscaping 🟢
    - Start sorting paperwork from school🔴
    - Continue clearing out Gmail🟢
    - Computer work: Taxes, Budget, Product Reviews, Review resume🔴

I basically spent the weekend digging holes for a fence. I have never been so dirty in my life! It was 90* both days and the area that we’re working on is filled with tree roots and rocks. It was slow going, but at least the holes are done! 🥵

JFT MONDAY:
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - Exercise (maybe...I might need a rest day)
    - Go through school paperwork
    - Continue clearing out Gmail
    - Computer work: Taxes, Budget, Product Reviews, Review resume

Be well! 💕
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sunday goals
    Sufferfest training ride✅
    Do family stuff all day✅
    Stay green but don’t beat self up if can’t❌
    Log all food✅

Was doing good until my daughter made brownies. Pretty good Father’s Day just the same.

Monday goals..
    Just a 4 day week then vacation ...

Stay green w/ cal deficit (need to make up for last few days)
    Stop at grocery store on way home
    Trail ride after work
    Clean race bike
    No beer
    No M&Ms
    Healthy snacks (fruit) only
    Check insurance papers

Btw what the heck is with raspberries????
    They look fantastic when I buy them and literally the next day (over night really) they turn to blue fuzzy mold..
    Should they not be in the fridge? Do any of you know any tricks?
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I got a bit behind on here. @pridesabtch @cschmitz110515 @Snowflake1968 thank you so much for the support. We sell customized porcelain pictures that go on people's monuments and Graves so we've just been slammed busy since coronavirus and have been unable to keep up with the demand.

I've decided this week I need to go back to setting time boundaries for myself and only work 40 hours instead of 50, I only get paid for 40 anyway and the extra work is really taking a toll on my wellbeing.

JFT 6/22:

1. Pay attention to hunger levels and listen
    2. Get 30 minutes of some kind of activity/movement
    3. Finish work by 5:30
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 22 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • merope2
    merope2 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sunday: all food logged
    Monday: log all food.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    - Sleep in :smiley:
    - Log everything :smiley:
    - No alcohol :(

I had another day of planned calorie excess, which ended up being beer and pizza. Not the end of the world, but I don't like how bloated I feel today. Back to eating at a deficit today.

I was still a little tanked yesterday, but hubby and I did a short ride just to get outside on such a beautiful (but hot) day. He was a bit worn out too because he had already run yesterday before we rode. We picked up pizza and ate on the screened in porch. When we finished dinner the girls joined us for some cards, then Tim and I played backgammon. As usual, he won.

I talk to my doc tomorrow, so I'm going to bring up the fact that I only sleep like 4 hours a night since I've started exercising. Not sure what's going on, but I have restless legs syndrome and wake up around 2 every night, and can't get back to sleep until 5 or 6 because of my legs. It's terribly annoying.

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:30 :smile:
    - Protein bar for breakfast
    - Scrounge for lunch since I didn't pack
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - Get at least 30 min of exercise
    - No cookies/candy or BROWNIES (man they were good)
    - No alcohol

Have an amazing day y'all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday June 21
    1L of Water - >:)
    Log all Food - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Monday June 22
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

@AJB1014 - Ray is absolutely adorable. You are a lucky Mama to have him sleep through so young.

@SERmom3 - I think you need a rest day after that weekend!

@teigansdad - I don't wash my raspberries before I put them in the fridge and it seems to help. I only wash them as I'm getting ready to eat them. Strawberries are the same but I haven't found a way to keep a strawberry good for more than the day you bring them home unless you mash them up for strawberry shortcake. ;)

@aubyshortcake - That is cool, that's not something you see around here very much, but I like the idea of it. I can imagine how busy you must be now. You really do need to limit your hours to what you are paid for, I have found in my experience that employers take advantage of people that work extra way too easily and then sometimes when the employee tries to pull back or take any of the extra hours off with pay they don't get it.

@pridesabtch - restless legs are so annoying, I hope you get some answers so you can sleep more.

Well this weekend I overate all weekend long. Unlike @HEGoddard0928 I didn't resist my treats. I need to just stop buying them again. I also bought new shoes for walking but by the time the sun came out yesterday I didn't feel up to walking. I won't be tonight either as I'm FINALLY getting my hair cut and coloured. My daughter is doing it at her house. I'm looking forward to spending the evening with her.

I think I finally convinced my husband that the window I want in our front door is actually doable. I am willing to buy a whole new door but I think he is leaning towards installing the window in the existing door. I'll let him ponder it for a couple more weeks and then he'll decide. I like the cost effectiveness of the install, but I really think we need a new door frame too.

I should get to work, I am tired today and really wish I had slept better last night.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Sunday:
    • Stick to food plan
    • 90 oz water
    • No ice cream today
    • Focus on how I'm talking to myself.
    • WorryTime@6 (make a list of anxious thoughts and then don't think about it again until 6 pm)
    • Spend time in sewing area downstairs (either sew on quilt, declutter, decorate or start something new)
    • Listen to Unit 2 of PnP cx
    • Print off worksheets for PnP NoBS week and fill out
    • Evening routine and early bedtime!

Hi all! I still haven't caught up, but I did see that @ZizzyBumble 's mother's health took a turn and I want to send you hugs and love. :heart:

Cloudy day today with rain in the forecast. I'm good with that, since it makes me feel better about staying inside and getting household chores done! Nothing new around here otherwise. Life is much slower when you're not working! I've decided to use this downtime to look into doing things I've always wanted to do and maybe give them a try. I've always wanted to be a writer, so I'm going to research blogging. I've also always been interested in photography, so I'm going to dig into that a bit. If neither of those seem like a good fit for me, I'll move onto my next adventure... :smile:

Just for Monday:
    • Assess yesterday's food plan and create today's
    • 75 oz water
    • No ice cream
    • Pay attention when negative or anxious thoughts sneak in / WT @ 6PM
    • Listen to next NoBS course
    • Research benefit costs if part-time, research COBRA cost just in case needed
    • Research blogging
    • 30 minutes activity
    • Pay bills, balance checkbook, look at budget
    • Evening routine and early bedtime!

Today, I am grateful for good health, another day off work and that my husband is doing the grocery shopping today and I don't have to go! :)

WOTY 2020: Persistence

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hoping I can join in for daily motivation, encouragement, and accountability. I just spent a "cup of coffee worth" few minutes reading the last couple pages of the thread---Already I am encouraged!

Hope it's Ok that I just jumped in acting like I was one of the cool kids!
    Annette

WELCOME ANNETTE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • busoxnardmg
    busoxnardmg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    JFT - Day 7

Take a long walk ✅
    Log all food and drink
    Be grateful for beautiful day