Dr poon diet

Options
2»

Replies

• MultoMundoMonkey
    MultoMundoMonkey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes. And it worked. Lost 20 lbs in 8 wks. Tracked it here round 52-56. I lost 20 lbs and was not hungry anymore! Did not want to snack! I also slept better.

THREE things that really helped me:

Be religious about eating ONLY foods that have NET CARBS of only 1 g (max 4) in Phase 1. Days I did that my weight dropped like a stone! (yes even days when ate more than 1400 calories

Make sure you eat protein throughout the day so you are not hungry. I kept babybels everywhere to snack on plus cooked chicken breasts/thighs and froze them so I always had a quick lunch/dinner ready to go.

Drink at least 2 l of water each day, throughout the day. I kept a pitcher in the fridge and a water bottle on hand to help keep me on track.

I used to snack like a nutter after dinner. I remember the first time I realized I had not snacked after dinner for a couple of days and WAS NOT HUNGRY. Doctor explained why (sugar, insulin cycle - read Dr. Fung's book OBESITY if you would like to learn more I ready it after the program). The days I did not lose weight I did not get discouraged. I looked back at MFP and tried to understand why - treat it like an experiment don't beat yourself up.

Here is what I learned from looking at the days I stalled:

Days I ate over 30 g NET CARBS I stalled. G2 contains 12 grams of carbs - blew out my day! Haven't had it since! Also DIET drinks make your insulin rise just like sugar so they make you hungry - dropped those cold too! I now drink G0 if I want a tasty treat or iced tea.

Days I did not eat protein throughout the day ended up in a bingefest so I learned to check MFP and make sure I had half my protein for the day by lunch. If I did not then I grabbed a boiled egg, chicken, babybel, tuna...

I had an incredibly great doctor! She "blinded me with science" so the days I would whinge about not losing weight she would ask me what i ate, correct one thing (eg: eliminate g2, diet drinks etc) and poof magic. I admit I thought giving up diet drinks made no sense but I knew they made me hungry so I looked into science and yes Dr was right!

YOU CAN DO THIS! Can't wait to read about your success!

• age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Dr poon diet is a fad diet. My concern with this type of approach is that is it not sustainable long term. Of course there will be weight reduction at the beginning because of all the food restrictions. But at what cost? What nutrients is your body not getting because of those restrictions?

Try this article from legion athletics https://legionathletics.com/diet-meal-plans/. Warning: Legion Athletics is a supplement and coaching selling company. I do not support the use of supplements and have not purchased any of their products or services. I have read most of their articles and read their book thinner leaner stronger. Their overall philosophies work for me.

Good luck!
  • MultoMundoMonkey
    MultoMundoMonkey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @jelleigh you are right artificial sweeteners and chemicals are not good for you and may HURT your weight loss. I stopped drinking diet pop after I noticed I had strong cravings for sugar. Now that is just anecdote. There is alot of science now showing that some sweeteners raise blood sugar (and hence insulin) impacting weight loss.

Here are two clips:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ZxeACrniA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBTeqz0F1hQ

“The bottom line is that these chemicals do not help you lose weight and may actually cause you to gain it. They may cause cravings that induce overeating of sweet foods. And continually eating sweet foods, even if they have no calories, may lead us to crave other sweet foods.”
    – Jason Fung

The Obesity Code

• goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are having success with it OP.

It wouldn't be for me because I couldn't sustain it long-term and losing weight just to put it back on again as soon as I go back to 'normal eating' is no way to live.

I need to be eating normally in a way that leads me to the right weight... and then to keep on keeping on happily and forever.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    ...I couldn't sustain it long-term and losing weight just to put it back on again as soon as I go back to 'normal eating' is no way to live.

I need to be eating normally in a way that leads me to the right weight... and then to keep on keeping on happily and forever.

Don't underestimate the importance of this statement. You don't need any special diet to lose weight. Make sure that you are learning a way to eat that works for you long term -- and long term means not just months but years and even decades.