Stuff you don't eat or drink anymore...

Options

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    These are things I don't generally like in the first place, I would only eat them if they were made for dinner or something but now I just plain refuse.
    red meat
    2%, 1% milk (only skim in cereal)
    white bread
    white rice
    syrups
    Soda
    Juice
    occasionally I have a candy but I don't eat the whole thing
    Junk in general

I cut way down on the cheese because it was becoming a staple in my every day/meal eating and it's way too high in calories for that.
  • moprincess76
    Options
    I have cut back from a 6 pack of soda a day to 1 a day ( my little treat)
    coffee ( 4 cups to 1 1/2 )
    white bread
    potatoes ( still eat them but not in huge quanities)
    processed foods i monitor closely...
    whole milk to low fat milk
    so with this and exercising daily I have lost 21 lbs in 5 weeks..
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I agree with the peeps about moderation. If I have to give up something that I really like, I will crave it even more. I try to think of the changes I'm making as a life style change not a diet. Adding the "D" word seems to be my recipe for disaster. So even though I have totally over-indulged this past week (vacation!) I do feel ucky from all the carbs, so it was a good eye-opener. I'm not going to deprive myself of an occasional slice of p'za! I do find myself weighing things & measuring things out, so I have to account for my mis-behaving! :-) Good luck on your journey, sounds like your rockin' it!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I never drank soda but i started drinking more water than i did before. I still have things like chips and stuff i just don't eat them as much as i use to. Instead i have fruits and vegetables for snacks.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1. Cokes/sweet tea
    2. Biscuits and gravy
    3. Fast food
    4. Most processed food (Now, I get sick just looking at the ingredients)
    5. My daily sugar snack (maybe just 1 or 2 times a month now)
    6. Switched to whole grain breads and I don't miss the white stuff at all
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fake foods, processed foods, grains - all gone

What I do eat - white fish, salmon, chicken breast, lean beef (1-2 x week only) eggs
    fresh or frozen green beans, cauliflower, broccoli
    fresh greens, lettuces
    apples, grapefruit, oranges, tomatoes
    fage 0% mixed with my own fruit

in moderation - butter, mayonaisse,

sometimes - fage full fat - for a real treat
  • amydriggers
    amydriggers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking beer in the amount I was used to. I've had only one beer in the past four weeks where I would drink about four or more every other night. I don't miss it. However, I thought it was making me feel bad in general. The exercise (running, jogging, sit-ups) have been making me feel worse. I gave up soft drinks because I would replace them water. Now I love water and am not interested at all in having a soft drink. I replaced ice cream with frozen yogurt and love it. I replaced green tea with coffee. I don't miss the coffee at all. I cut way back on my salt intake and replaced salt with various spices, one of the most prominent is garlic and garlic powder. I changed from 2% to 1% milk instead of giving milk up because milk is a metabolism booster (the calcium boosts metabolism, burning calories) and it tastes the same to me. I choose healthy snacks (blueberries, bananas) instead of reaching for chips or cookies. I replaced fried tortilla chips with baked ones. I try to include superfoods in my diet. I still eat red meat (not often at all), but I choose the leaner cuts of meat and lean ground beer. I have been trying different types of fish, and am still looking for a type that isn't too fish or dirt tasting. So far, I have ruled out Talapia and Mahi-Mahi (orange roughy is ok, but still not my favorite). So I don't necessarily :happy: give up, I replace!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Fast food milk shakes. That's about it.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    no meat, soda, or fast foods.

everything else i enjoy in moderation!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh and I make English muffin pizzas. 100% whole wheat muffins, a little bit of cheese, mushrooms, sauce. They are GOOD for you.
  • clew313
    Options
    Diet Pepsi, ILOVE IT and French Fries I haven't had these 2 things in 3 weeks
  • clew313
    Options
    Well aren't you just awesome, for doing that, I wish I could
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    French Fries are gone
    Cokes are down to one every 3-4 days
    Fast food is limited to Chick-fil-a Nuggets and a fruit cup, only when cooking is not an option.
    Minimal Processed foods

Drink tons of water (half gallon a day), milk and an occasional glass of juice
    Lots of fresh fruits and veggies with meat added for dinner
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any thing. I know from past attempts to get fit that banning things from my diet makes me resentful and binge-prone. Everything in moderation in my world, and I love it.
  • babycoconut249
    babycoconut249 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I gave up fried foods.I do miss the crunchiness. Oven baked is good but it is not the same.

Its funny though that when I do try to sneak a small bit of fried foods, my stomach always gets upset.
  • bubbab666
    Options
    uh large list i think...
    bacon, ham, pork chops [i have a roast pork maybe once a yr] ,sausages
    muffins,cake, donuts,pie,jams[maybe 1 jar/yr]
    chips, candy[don't like most of it anyhow]
    french fries,potato, white bread, cereals other than Oats [1-2x/yr i will have a box of cap'n crunch or something]
    beer, juices[ other than occasional diet blueberry or diet cran] ,soy sauce

-Things I have cut down on and want to eventually eliminate:

crackers, pasta, cheese, all luncheon meats, diet pop, cookies, chocolate bars, turkey dogs, corn, anything with soy products or byproducts in it,

-Things that are major problems-
    Commercial peanut butter, pizza,

I need to still improve my veggie intake substantially.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    fast food.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I no longer eat meat, I am a pescatarian.
    I no longer drink soda or canned or bottled juice.
    I will NEVER eat at McDonald's, Burger King, What-a-Burger or any place like that.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I changed my way of eating 7 years ago, and haven't been able to stomach red meat, dairy, high sugar, high fat, or high sodium since.

I don't completely deprive myself of treats though. One bite isn't going to kill me...

Plus my cheat days are on the weekends to help me keep my sanity. It's like a less-strict version of calorie cycling. Having the cheat days got me out of my plateau.

Edited to include: I don't like to eat processed foods. If there are more than 5 ingredients on my food's packaging that I don't understand, I don't want to put those mystery chemicals in my body. Same with non-organic fruits/vegetables.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Things I limit are --

Pizza that I don't make myself
    Sugar - candy, desserts, drinks
    Fatty meat
    Breads/cereals/pasta that are not whole grain
    Dairy that is not low fat