No housework in exercises?

Options
Why isn’t routine housework, like sweeping and mopping, available for recording as an exercise? Using a broom and mop is significant energy use, especially When it take 90+ minutes to sweep and mop. It is constant motion while performing the activity. Vacuuming is available, why not other household chores?

Replies

• Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I only count that stuff if its an very rare, abnormal activity, like, cleaning out the basement. I don 't count daily/weekly normal activity like cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping the kitchen floor or vacuuming.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    Since I’ve set my settings up for sedentary, meaning I sit most of the day then I do log my cleaning if it’s substantial like doing a huge spring clean in my room etc. Otherwise if it’s little things like folding laundry, washing dishes and doing the vacuum for 5-10 minutes then I wouldn’t bother! Depends on the time as well. Vacuuming for 1-2 hours burns a substantial amount compared to 5 minutes! Any movement is important though.

I want to know how big your house is, if it takes 2 hours to vacuum 😅😅😅
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    Since I’ve set my settings up for sedentary, meaning I sit most of the day then I do log my cleaning if it’s substantial like doing a huge spring clean in my room etc. Otherwise if it’s little things like folding laundry, washing dishes and doing the vacuum for 5-10 minutes then I wouldn’t bother! Depends on the time as well. Vacuuming for 1-2 hours burns a substantial amount compared to 5 minutes! Any movement is important though.

I want to know how big your house is, if it takes 2 hours to vacuum 😅😅😅

Note the person you quoted, but in the fall before I turn the heat on, I do a big vacuum and get all the baseboard heaters. While I'm at it, I move furniture and do a far more extensive vacuum than an ordinary 5-10 minute job.