What's on your mind?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @KosmosKitten, thank you for updating us. Your kind of limbo is NO picnic. :( Hang in there and I'll keep hoping for the best for you and your furry friend.

@ghudson92, I wonder if that's the same thing that keeps people in denial during times like these? :/:)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Woodpeckers don't get headaches because they have an internal eyelid that protects their brain

This seems like a great adaptation, I want something to protect my brain from headaches...and stuff
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    I don’t need negativity in my life no one needs that 💩
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Anyone ever just feel overcome, and get all weepy and defeated feeling?
    No real one stressor - just overwhelmed maybe, I guess?
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Anyone ever just feel overcome, and get all weepy and defeated feeling?
    No real one stressor - just overwhelmed maybe, I guess?

Yea it happens to us all at some point, listen to your body, it just needs a break sometimes
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    JustCallMeWhatever Posts: 125 Member
    Home!!!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Frustrated, angry and anxious. A pretty toxic combo, if you ask me.
  • Makingchanges17
    Makingchanges17 Posts: 124 Member
    Really wanting some popcorn but don't want to move and wake the baby 😩
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    aNYONE else think Hank Hill was autistic?
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Covid19 has destabilised my life. My future is more uncertain than it was 5 months ago. I think about it every day, multiple times.
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    I need a haircut
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    Jesus christ! It's hotter than the devils armpit out there!!!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member

Isn’t it wonderful?? This is when we get to bust out our cutest clothes...and drink cold drinks (cherry slushies 🤤) and freezies to cool our bodies ahhh this is the life, you have to admit.

Two more months and it’s cold again over here.
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Isn’t it wonderful?? This is when we get to bust out our cutest clothes...and drink cold drinks (cherry slushies 🤤) and freezies to cool our bodies ahhh this is the life, you have to admit.

Two more months and it’s cold again over here.

Oh i like it better than cold weather for sure
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    • Cancer and a couple of people who have it (that I know) and their outcomes (I know plenty of people survive their struggle with it, but I grew up with a bunch of people who did NOT and well.. the last couple I knew passed away from it, so naturally I worry. :#
    • Why is it I so desire to send suggestive/lewd images of myself (sometimes to random strangers), but I internally recognize and battle with the notion that I am undesirable and I have no idea why ANYONE would proposition me for them in the first place. I appreciate the admiration, but I fear it is undeserved.. and also, I worry about ulterior motives. Or it being used against me somehow.

Weird that I would have this thought when I spent four years of my life being a nude model in which hundreds of students probably drew or painted me in various states of repose (best job ever... get paid to lounge around, read or take naps while folks draw you). I had the same fears then as I do now.. and the same nagging thoughts about my body. That hasn't changed despite the weight and age change over the years.

Alas, this topic is t oo serious this late at night when I haven't been drinking. I shall go to sleep. If someone wants to weigh in on my ramblings, feel free to do so.
  • ReenieHJ
    I could never have ever, even in my best physical days, be a nude model. :( I have way too many hang-ups about my body. But I admire people's courage who can and do. Hella, it took me years and years to wear a bathing suit, probably from age 13 to 56 I refused to wear bathing suits or shorts, even on the hottest of days. See?? Hang-ups.
  • ReenieHJ
    Why do we lose so much sleep over things we cannot change. I laid awake for 3 hrs. last night worrying and obsessing about my sister and bil. :(
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I could be getting so much done today, and I am just lacking any drive....