Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    can't stop thinking about life before we had thin flat screen tvs yknow?

those old huge box sized ones that were a nightmare to move around. how awful it was it's like we weren't even human back then.

Dude remember the console floor models lol

Or better yet when they went out you used it as a tv stand for the next tv - or maybe that was just my classy fam

tinfoil rabbit ear antennas. i win

I call your tinfoil rabbit ear antennas!...and raise you a my stepfather had to climb onto the roof and adjust the antenna depending on which of the 3 stations that we could get, we wanted to watch!

black and white😐😂

fold! (that means you win, right!)

(or should I have 'checked'...in my head I remember the phrase "checking is free"!)
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

those old huge box sized ones that were a nightmare to move around. how awful it was it's like we weren't even human back then.

Or better yet when they went out you used it as a tv stand for the next tv - or maybe that was just my classy fam

I call your tinfoil rabbit ear antennas!...and raise you a my stepfather had to climb onto the roof and adjust the antenna depending on which of the 3 stations that we could get, we wanted to watch!

black and white😐😂

(or should I have 'checked'...in my head I remember the phrase "checking is free"!)

Triple axel checkmate uno! 🤷🏻‍♀️

I wonder if our growth was stunted from our tv deprivation
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    A guy 3 doors down from my ex pulled up in one of these, what a stunning car.
    It costs more than my house,
    I'd be scared to drive it anywhere.

x2qtxk2s2qrh.jpeg

Me too! That is if I were to own it, now if some sucker let's me take it for a spin, that's on them! ;)
  • Vikka_V
    Options

black and white😐😂

100%
    Probably why I'm too literal too because the house we lived at when I was a kid was on a point in the middle of nowhere (rich peoples cottage (or summer home, don't know what you say)) and I used to sit around and read encyclopedias that were there.
    It was pretty, the lake on a point...bird sanctuary at the end...but lonely af
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

black and white😐😂

100%
    Probably why I'm too literal too because the house we lived at when I was a kid was on a point in the middle of nowhere (rich peoples cottage (or summer home, don't know what you say)) and I used to sit around and read encyclopedias that were there.

I would have loved this as a child. I was pretty lonely anyway right in the middle of an ugly city.

I read the encyclopedias in our apartment. My favorite was G. I spent hours studying the gemstones.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

black and white😐😂

100%

I would have loved this as a child. I was pretty lonely anyway right in the middle of an ugly city.

I read the encyclopedias in our apartment. My favorite was G. I spent hours studying the gemstones.

Geology/Mineralogy is fun too! Took a half semester class on it at school and some stuff really stuck with me, was really interesting and blew my mind! (Wistful now...need to go back to school to learn random stuff)

Random, my favourite mineral/stone (whatever) is galena, black and sparkly! (but kinda just lead)
  • Rockin_reese
    Rockin_reese Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm from the State College area of PA and I had to move south bc my mom got a new job, which was around the time that high school got really ugly. Aside from food, my childhood is what I miss the most. :'(
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My Dad wants to go to 8pm mass. The game comes on at 8pm. Dang it. Can I wear my jersey to church?

Absolutely, you can wear most anything to church and anyone who tells you otherwise is probably catholic
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    My Dad wants to go to 8pm mass. The game comes on at 8pm. Dang it. Can I wear my jersey to church?

Absolutely, you can wear most anything to church and anyone who tells you otherwise is probably catholic

I'm catholic. And a rule breaker. 😎 I should probably leave the beer at home tho. It is the Easter vigil. I should try to be good.

Compromise with Irish coffee
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Bargaining with the devil for my soul
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Bargaining with the devil for my soul

Always start at half the asking price and work your way from there - good luck my friend he drives a hard bargain
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    7yds86ci3nbc.jpeg

pp8rp547t4bv.jpeg

my view earlier was pretty cute <3

There’s no view, the bunny is in the way
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    People are going to sit through 50+ hours of Marvel movies and I just about died when I saw the Ten Commandments is 4 hrs and 44 minutes long. I don't have the patience for that. I get way too antsy.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    SNL is just not what it used to be. - I remember waiting to see Adam Sandler and Chris Farley and Chris Rock - maybe I’m just old smh

I use to love it way back when

And I liked Mad TV (Stewart and Ms Swan) 🤭

mfv71fz6a5j8.gif

I refuse to be old, however my oldest asked “how did you get by as a child, without LOL dolls, mom”?

We had Polly pockets child and climbed trees. 😬
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    SNL is just not what it used to be. - I remember waiting to see Adam Sandler and Chris Farley and Chris Rock - maybe I’m just old smh

I use to love it way back when

And I liked Mad TV (Stewart and Ms Swan) 🤭

mfv71fz6a5j8.gif

I refuse to be old, however my oldest asked “how did you get by as a child, without LOL dolls, mom”?

We had Polly pockets child and climbed trees. 😬

How bout in living color

sis0fazg5n2y.gif
    bueir52dx0eu.gif
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    I would like to sleep through the night so bad but can't.
  • Tankiscool
    Options

Nah man, it's not what it use to be.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    How my mother has the absolute worst timing.

🐝🍄🌸🐇Happy Easter everyone! 🐇🌸🍄🐝