What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    What is everyone's opinion on best pizza chain??
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Like me, I would think that most people prefer their local pizzeria to any national chain.
    In my experience, all the chains are terrible.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member

Beaujos pizza is AMAZING!!! If you are ever in Colorado you have to stop in. You order your pizza by the pound and it comes with honey to dip the crust in. :)
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Apparently pineapple belongs on pizza. I say it doesn't 🤷‍♀️

It does not. Whoever told you it does is a dirty liar.

I can't stand oineapple, but love it on pizza.

Pineapple and canadian bacon (obviously) or pineapple and pepperoni. The sweet counteracts the indigestion inducing for me :)

The first, yes.

I don't like pepperoni or sausage on pizza. Unless pineapple and Canadian bacon, I usually prefer pizza without meat. (There are some less usual combinations I enjoy with meat in, say, an Italian restaurant that has pizzas.)

And, see, pepperoni and chorizo are about the only two types of sausage I have a taste for (it must be the emphasis on spices); and I willingly eat pepperoni on pizza.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Frozen custard is better than ice cream.
    Gelato is better than everything.

Generally true.

I was in Italy last August and September (so glad I did it!), and the gelato was irresistable.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

Like me, I would think that most people prefer their local pizzeria to any national chain.

I think so as well. If I had to pick a chain, I'd say Little Caesar's, but I think part of that is the expectation that I'm eating cardboard bread with a ton of cheese on top - in the right mood, that really hits the spot.

The worst chain, imo, is Papa Johns. I find their bread and sauces too sweet.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited July 2020

I'm not that into any chains. If I order from a traditional delivery place for a group or something I normally get Pizzeria Aroma, thin crust.

I like thin crust from a variety of local places, and Pequod's for deep dish.
  • lemurcat2
    ejbronte wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Apparently pineapple belongs on pizza. I say it doesn't 🤷‍♀️

It does not. Whoever told you it does is a dirty liar.

I can't stand oineapple, but love it on pizza.

Pineapple and canadian bacon (obviously) or pineapple and pepperoni. The sweet counteracts the indigestion inducing for me :)

The first, yes.

I don't like pepperoni or sausage on pizza. Unless pineapple and Canadian bacon, I usually prefer pizza without meat. (There are some less usual combinations I enjoy with meat in, say, an Italian restaurant that has pizzas.)

And, see, pepperoni and chorizo are about the only two types of sausage I have a taste for (it must be the emphasis on spices); and I willingly eat pepperoni on pizza.

I like chorizo, but wouldn't want it on pizza. Pepperoni isn't something I hate, but I never really want it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member

I think so as well. If I had to pick a chain, I'd say Little Caesar's, but I think part of that is the expectation that I'm eating cardboard bread with a ton of cheese on top - in the right mood, that really hits the spot.

To further complicate things, the chain pizza can be quite different geographically. When I was in NY I would starve rather than eat whatever the heck passed as pizza at Papa John's, but Domino's was serviceable in a pinch. Now in Central VA I find the opposite is true.

And both don't come close to compare to a local pizzeria, especially if those pizzerias are run by transplanted NYers :wink:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

I don't know how much of a chain it is but I could polish off an Ameci's medium cheese in no time. I also loooooved Numero Uno's personal pizza. Lots of bread in the crust. :) And those romano bread puffs. Yum!

• kimny72
    edited July 2020
    Frozen custard is better than ice cream.
    Gelato is better than everything.

Italian gelato > premium ice cream > frozen custard > not-in-italy gelato = ice cream > sorbet and sherbet > frozen yogurt.

And I would happily accept a bowl of any of those at any time :blush:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

To further complicate things, the chain pizza can be quite different geographically. When I was in NY I would starve rather than eat whatever the heck passed as pizza at Papa John's, but Domino's was serviceable in a pinch. Now in Central VA I find the opposite is true.

And both don't come close to compare to a local pizzeria, especially if those pizzerias are run by transplanted NYers :wink:

That's true - the worst pizza I've ever had was Domino's in Kentucky. Up here in MI, though, I'd rank it second behind Little Caesar's.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 wrote: »

That's true - the worst pizza I've ever had was Domino's in Kentucky. Up here in MI, though, I'd rank it second behind Little Caesar's.

I've never had any other chain pizzas in my area other than PJ's and Domino's, except for one Pizza Hut/Taco Bell combo which I never tried. But I've always lived in places with a lot of local pizzeria s which is probably why!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    From watching other people's behavior, and talking to them, I think this might be an unpopular opinion, or at least an uncommon applied one:

It's fun to buy, cook & eat foods I've never had before, that I need to research to figure out how to cook and eat.

I completely agree, especially if it is a vegetable, plant based or fruit, from another country or exotic herbs, spices and combinations. The first time I went to an international market I thought I was in paradise! lol
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't like soup... only a couple types I like. But I don't understand soup people haha
  • lemurcat2
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    From watching other people's behavior, and talking to them, I think this might be an unpopular opinion, or at least an uncommon applied one:

It's fun to buy, cook & eat foods I've never had before, that I need to research to figure out how to cook and eat.

Agreed. When I first started getting my produce box from a farm, in the spring and fall I'd get things I hadn't worked with much, if at all, or just need more variety because it was mostly all greens or mostly all root veg and winter squash, and so I'd look for ideas and new ways to use them. Greene on Greens was one of my go-tos for that.
  • lemurcat2
    Soup is one of my favorite things.
  • scheherezhad
    scheherezhad Posts: 4 Member
    Sweet potatoes, eggs, and mushrooms are gross.
    Eggplant is utterly vile.
    Onion (and other alliums) shouldn't be in everything.
    Cheesecake is nasty.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    I don't like soup... only a couple types I like. But I don't understand soup people haha

I'm not a soup person either.