Sixers Spring Clean Challenge- Week 3

Options

Replies

• TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    In that respect, it's a great idea- go for it :)
    Every penny of my money is allocated though. And my savings allocations aren't enough for everything I need to be saving for- so there's nowt going spare. Which means there's nowt going spare for things like chocolate.
    I'm going to try a stretch without caffeine- place your bets how long I'll last. (Or how long everyone around me will last before forcing the stuff down my throat :laugh: )
    I'm going to try some belly dancing tomorrow. :smile:
    Going slightly nuts, as I want to weigh myself. And I won't be able to until Monday- at the earliest :sad: I'm finding it quite rough going without that, actually. Keep having to give myself stern chats, as I'll have a moment of thinking 'I could be bad. I have time to make it up before I weigh in.' And then, even though I'm well within losing range for my calories, I get all paranoid I've gained weight back. It's a strange veering from one to the other. I want my scales, damnit! :grumble:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely women. Looks like ya'll are having fun. Would love to join ya'll but I am putting myself first by finally getting my teeth worked on. I went to a dentist today that isn't going to kill my buget on getting my teeth fixed. The bad thing is that I really don't need a whole lot of work, just pricey stuff like getting my wisdom teeth pulled and a crown. So I'm glad I'm getting myself taken care of.

Hubby cooking dinner again. It has been so nice. He cooked last night too. Hope he keeps it up, but I know it won't, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy it.

Well, gonna go. Dinner is almost ready and boy does it smell good!!!!

Have a good night.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Nelli- I think you are right..... but my pounds removed were right!!! I have lost 5.5 since the challenge started. 212.5 now!! I was writing it at work!!!! Thanks for catching it and someone can change it for me! Thanks!!!!

Tammara :flowerforyou:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Actually Cathy... sorry I mixed you too up!!! Well lots has happen today. I will have to read it and absorb it all. Put it sounds great! Take care!!

Tamm:flowerforyou:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Actually Cathy... sorry I mixed you too up!!! Well lots has happen today. I will have to read it and absorb it all. Put it sounds great! Take care!!

Tamm:flowerforyou:

It's OK, we're related anyway.:laugh: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Turns out I have no available glass jars.
    Will keep the jar from spaghetti sauce this coming week.
    I put all my monies together for today. I like this idea!!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I still have to figure out what I'm goign to use as my jar as well...I still have to drink some water and do brushing of teeth and washing of face. I actually have to force myself to make a protein shake and eat that a little later...and even with that I'm going to be under my calories....only 1168 for the day...I have been eating almost all day!!! Just not high calorie things....I will add more protein in tomorrow to get my calories up....

Have a wonderful evening girls!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

OH and PS...I'll weigh myself in the morning!! You know what that means! :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cass, I'm with ya. I've got almost 300 cals left for the day (I just had a raw energy bar to add 100 cals to my totals) but I'm 800 over on sodium - my daily limit I set is 1550mg, so at least it's still in a healthy "recommended" range. Otherwise, a prime day! Nice work out at the gym and I may do a rest tomorrow. We'll see :smile: I'll plan out my meals after I tuck my kiddos in!!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, Cass!

Ok ladies, I LOVE this jar idea. I will have to figure out my specifics and let you know. Also, I will find a jar and get it decorated. Perhaps this is just the boost I need to help get my eating on track. Great idea Em! BTW, is that a pic of you finally up on your post? Finally, I get to place a face with a screen name, you are beautiful.

Well, no change for me today, still up by two pounds from start of the challenge. I will get the list posted next, I forgot to copy it before I posted.

So much going on, so good to hear from most everyone. Robin, I am worried about you.

Katy, where are you?

Lauryn-you should add some amount to that jar for everyday that you journal.

Deb, Connie-what's up with you ladies?

Pedal- WELL DONE!

Shanell and Cathy-doing good ladies. So glad you are back with it, Shanell.

Tamm-sweet Tamm, how goes the running?

Tif-are you already on your cruise. So happy for you, yet SO jealous.

Tudor-how go the stress levels? you are making some great progress.

Hugs ladies. I hope you have all had a wonderful day. Chat with you all tomorrow.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    TudorRose----SW 211 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 203.6 lbs Progress -7.4 lbs
    Shanell
    SW 210.5 lbs/GW 199/CW 209 lbs Progress -1.5 lbs
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 153.4 lbs. PROGRESS 0.4 lbs.
    Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 206.8 PROGRESS -3.4
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 147.0 LBS PROGRESS -1.4 LBS
    Tammara
    SW 218.0 lbs/ GW 213.0 lbs/ CW 212.5 lbs Progress -5.5 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 175.0lbs Progress -2.4 lbs
    Robin
    SW 191.5 lbs/GW 185 lbs/CW 189.5 lbs Progress -2 lbs
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 161 lbs Progress +1.5 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs/ GW 155 lbs/ CW 159.5 lbs Progress +0.5 lbs
    Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 174 Progress +2 lbs

Cassidy
    SW 194.4 lbs/GW 177/CW 190.2 lbs Progress -4.2 lbs
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 198 lbs Progress 4.0 lbs
    Katy
    SW 166.8lbs/GW 159.8/ CW 165.6lbs Progress -1.2lbs
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Tiff
    SW 153.4 lb/ GW 143.0/ CW153.4 Progress 0.0 lbs
    Moonlight
    SW 212 lbs/GW 204/CW 212 lbs Progress 0.0 lbs

I fixed it for you, Tamm! I thought about leaving it, but then I thought when you do get to see that 1 there for real, I don't want that to be cheapened! Hugs!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! Here is my plan for tomorrow:

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. 1/2 chocolate protein shake (made w/ water)
    3. left-over homemade chicken vegetable soup & 1/2 spelt sourdough roll
    4. 1/2 gala apple w/ 1 tbsp almond butter
    5. 3oz baked coho salmon fillet over spinach w/ dill, cracked pepper & lemon
    6. chocolate protein shake made w/ unsweetened chocolate almond milk (WOOT!)
    7. homemade herbed bison burger on 1 slice sodium-free Ezekiel bread w/ low-sodium salsa, spinach, skim milk cheese & red pepper

I love planning my meals - I've forgotten what fun I get out of it. It's like a game to me to see how well I can balance my macronutrients :tongue: I allow myself to go over on protein and sometimes a hair over on carbs but generally I'm within just a number or two of having my whole meal plan work out (AND I balance my protein, carbs, fats throughout my 5 time slots in the day). Can you tell I like to compete with myself??

I don't know about a work out tomorrow. I busted my butt pretty thoroughly today and considering I've not been at it for 6 weeks I may need a rest day. We bought a pass for this 5-day event here called 'be a tourist in your own town' (we live in a tourist town and the capital city but march is the slow month so they sell these $10 booklets and it gets you into the museums, galleries, boating tours, bus tours, 2 for 1 offers and tons of places... so we're going on a boat tour and to miniature world tomorrow. There will be a lot of walking in my day :smile: I love that so many people are getting on board with the jars. I would absolutely do it but we never have cash and I am about to start having to account for all our spending to the bankruptcy trustee when we file, but it sounds so great!! :flowerforyou:

Alright, have a great one tomorrow ladies!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

Sorry it's so late! It's just been a busy day, seems they are all that way lately. Not a good food day again, I don't know what my issue is right now but I'm just having trouble getting back on track. I think it's just the business and all that stress. I actually met a woman who works in our Student Health department on stress issues today and she mentioned a "class" they have on Eating Mindfully. It's all about recognizing your stress triggers and learning to breathe through them and incorporating yoga instead of snacking and all that. I think it might be worth checking out, we'll see.

Rhiannon - Wow I am so proud of you!! You have been through a lot lately and here you are getting right back to it. I'm going to try really hard to follow your amazing example!!! And the tourist thing sounds fun!!

Katie - I love the jar idea too!! Don't know that I have time to decorate a jar, but the saving part i can definitely do. I will just have to think of what I'm going to have as my money winners!!

Lauryn - I agree with Katie, definitely give yourself some money in your jar for days that you journal!!! Love your hair by the way! I'm cutting mine on Friday while I'm home and probably getting a little color change, I'll let you know how it goes!!

Cass - haha!!!!! I do know what that means and I'm in the same boat!! kind of want to way in again tomorrow but we'll see!! hehe. :laugh:

Shanell - glad you found a dentist you like! I know how that all goes, my teeth give me more trouble all the time I swear!

Tudor - enjoy belly dancing!! I took some classes for a while and it is so much fun!! Really puts you in tune with yourself as a woman, it's so great, I think you will love it!! Hang in there with the weigh-ins, i get tempted all the time too!!!

Cathy - Love your cute new pic!!

Em - your new photo is sooo cute!!!! and it's okay to maintain for a week! (plus since we've been so close in Current weights and goals in the previous challenges, it gives me a chance to catch up!! HA!!!)

Kristin - Hey girlie!! Hope you and the little peanut are doing well!! I was just thinking, How lucky that your baby and your niece will be so close in age!!!

Tamm- Keep up the good work lady!! you rock!!

Robin, Amy and anyone else I may be missing, Hello!!!! Hope you are all well!

Planning to get up super early tomorrow for a run in the gym before my 8 am class, we'll see how well that goes. But I always feel even more proud of myself for working out when I also have to drag myself out of bed to do it! It's like it took me that much extra effort so it's even better than just working out! haha. That might be flawed logic but we'll see.

Otherwise, long long day tomorrow, class and work from 8 am to 8 pm, ugh!!! And then I have to come home and do laundry and pack for my weekend at home for which I will be leaving on Thursday after my morning class! Eek!! the weeks just fly by anymore!!

Love you all and see you in the morning!
    :heart:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Can anyone tell me why I am still up... When I know I need to get up in 5 hrs to jog w/ my dog and get ready for my day. I don't want to set myself up for another evening workout. I dont understand why there are times when my mind is soooo busy that I just couldn't imagine shutting one eye, let alone... TWO!!!

I must rest...

Glad to hear from you Amylou!!!--- you can do it. I hope you do sign up for that class it sounds wonderful.

All others!!! Take care, chat w/ you tomorrow!!!

:wink:
    Tamm
  • drtamm
    Options
    :love: Thanks Katie!!! If I lost that much in these 3 weeks, I would know death was near or would it have already happened. LOL!!! :laugh:

Nite nite!
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    amylou! haha. sounds good... but you will probably pass me :laugh: my weight is crazy right now up ... down... yikes. :flowerforyou:

My reward jar is ready for the day... i used a pickle jar... :bigsmile:

Have a great day ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning my puter friends :smooched:

katie, deb, connie....where are you?????? don't hide if you aren't doing well, we all go through those phases. hope to see you very soon.

amylou....did you get up? good for you....have a save trip and let us see the new hair..
    drtamm...did you get some sleep...remember it's important to weight loss....maybe a nice bath w/lavender, drink (your choice), a tv show, book, something relaxing and than bed. maybe you will sleep better.
    pedal...have fun. i wish our city did that. charleston sc is a huge tourest town.
    red...love the new pic. your are so pretty.

nothing on my plate for today. boy, got very cold last night. frosty out. was suppose to be below 20. we broke records. decorate my jar today. get everything ready. i am going to begin mine with the next challenge. can't beleive we are 1/2 way through this one already. it's all ok with me. the sooner i can get to nov. to move the better. tired of the breakins, drugs, dogs around here. there are only about 30-40 homes in my little subdivision. we have nothing around us but, woods. so we are a little place. two whole streets. so everyone knows everything around here, who drives what car, who lives where.
    off, to begin my day.

later :heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends! I am feeling good today! Go to the doctor this afternoon to hear the heartbeat :heart: and check up on everything! I'm pretty excited for that! And I think I'm meeting my dad for lunch which will be nice!

Cathy...I like the new cartoon picture! VERY cute!

AmyLou...Peanut, or I guess peach now, is doing good. We still have our not-feeling-so-good evenings, but other than that, we are good! And yes...peach and cousin Addie will be only about 6 months apart, which is perfect!

And all my other girlies...hello! I hope you are well!!! How are those reward jars working out? What a cute idea! I have too many other things going on for me right now, but I may join in one of these days! Right now I'm busy with house rennovations and all that jazz! We have SO much to do before this little bundle arrives...and only 6 more months to go!!! As of yesterday I started month 4...CRAZY!!! But now I'm getting REALLY excited!!!:bigsmile:

Well...time for me to get started on some work, but we will chat again later! Have a great morning gals!!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Kristin -- I am jealous your kiddo will have a cousin close in age. Mine is 3.5 years old and FINALLY got her first "cousin", a boxer mix named Lexi. As for cousins of the human sort... it looks like it will be years away. And as far as a sibling goes? Well since I'm in the midst of a separation, THAT is highly unlikely, at least for years and years!! I'm glad your kiddo will have a playmate. Does that cousin live nearby?? And I am NOT trying to be *that* person, but just wondering all the same.... do you intend to have another child close in age to this one? Life plans are never certain, obviously, but I was just wondering... Not sure why I was wondering though. hmmmm. :smile: Here you are, pregnant with your first and I am asking about subsequent children. LMAO. I HAVE BECOME *THAT* WOMAN!! Oh noes!! :noway:

Fellow Sixers,
    I am back in the game. :smile: I followed "the plan" yesterday. I drank all my water, didn't binge (:bigsmile: YAY:bigsmile: ) last night, adhered to my calories (87 leftover, but that includes exercise cals), and smiled a lot. I did my new nightly payout -- earned $1.10! I don't have a jar to decorate yet, so I put my loot into a change purse. I'll switch it out later, maybe this weekend. I am a happy girl, with plans and goals, and a husband who should be putting down a security deposit on his own apartment today. Times are changing, and I'm adapting. Life is good. :smile:
    Love,
    Lauryn
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Lauryn...:laugh: You crack me up!:laugh: Yes, it is very nice to have cousins close in age, and yes, they live fairly close so that we will see each other often. And yes, I do plan on having one more probably within 2-3 years. That is kind of the plan my husband and I have always had. Of course things don't always work out the way you plan, but that is what we are hoping for. And no...you are not "THAT" woman...it's totally fine to ask! :laugh: And I'm glad to hear things are going well for you!:flowerforyou:
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I thought I updated my weight last week!! I weighed 148.8 on week 2 weigh in. so I lost about 5 pounds that week!

Tiffani SW:153.4 / GW: 143/ CW:148.8

** I have not weighed in this week but I think I am hovering around 150 again... I'm not going to weigh back in until after my cruise THIS SATURDAY!! YAY! I also was wondering how I could jump start my weight loss again. I had an AHA moment yesterday and I am ready ready ready to make this happen. slowly but surely. this is a journey not a destination! I am going to wait patiently and trust that my good efforts are not in vain. :-D * I've finally made eating healthy AND exercise a priority! Aha!

so here's to lasting weightloss!!!