A question for men...girls can give opinion too! :D

Options

Replies

• shiggyshane
    Options
    and i like curves myself..makes things more fun
  • jennyj09
    Options
    there is someone for everyone! with that being said, not all guys like the same things. some like curvy, some like skinny, some like tall, some like short. you just have to find the right person who will love you for you :)

Very well put!! I couldn't agree more!!!

Keep your head up! :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Skinny girls are the obvious eye catchers.

I call bullsh!t. A woman with a smile that makes eye contact will always catch a man's eye, no matter what her size.

True story. I'm not skinny, I'm not even all that hot, and I dress modestly, but I get hit on all the time.

You're pretty hot if you ask me. I'm hitting on you right now.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion
    I prefer a woman to be curvy....I would prefer not to be able to check for a fractured bone without an x-ray, LOL.

that is funny lol

this just made my day
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Focus on you and getting where you feel you should go. I'll bet when you get there he'll be there, with a grin, and you know what he'll say, "I knew you'd come". He's waiting for you. You have so much to offer not to find someone. So follow your path in life and it will intersect with "the one". You know I'm a preacher and I believe this, "He who find a good wife find a good thing". He's looking for you, I promise he is. He'll find you and you'll be more than he ever thought he should deserve. That is how it was when i met my wife. I saw her in a field walking across a campground. The moment I saw her....I knew. I never doubted. I told her on our second date that I would marry her one day. 3 months later I proposed and 7 months later we married. That was 15 years ago. She was more than I ever thought I deserved....I still feel that way.

That is such a beautiful thing to say Gary. . And so true. . May you have many more years of happiness with your wife. . She is a lucky lady.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Skinny girls are the obvious eye catchers.

I call bullsh!t. A woman with a smile that makes eye contact will always catch a man's eye, no matter what her size.

True story. I'm not skinny, I'm not even all that hot, and I dress modestly, but I get hit on all the time.

You're pretty hot if you ask me. I'm hitting on you right now.

Haha, thanks MissK!
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    there is someone for everyone! with that being said, not all guys like the same things. some like curvy, some like skinny, some like tall, some like short. you just have to find the right person who will love you for you :)

This is on the money. We all have our own specific preferences. I have a friend that only likes Asian women, size doesn't matter to him. It's just individual tastes. Me personally, I prefer someone that was healthy. Curvy or thin doesn't matter, just someone who was into the things I am such as working out, ,running, comic cons, whatever. Beauty is from the inside.
  • ilookthetype
    Options
    This is on the money. We all have our own specific preferences. I have a friend that only likes Asian women, size doesn't matter to him. It's just individual tastes. Me personally, I prefer someone that was healthy. Curvy or thin doesn't matter, just someone who was into the things I am such as working out, ,running, comic cons, whatever. Beauty is from the inside.

Who doesn't like a girl into Comic cons?!
  • ilookthetype
    Options
  • infamousmk
    Options

Does your ComicCon loving woman dress up? I really wanted to go to ComicCon this year, but my boyfriend was worried that pictures of me dressed as Sailor Moon would end up all over the internet, so we passed. I told him that maybe if I dressed as Wonder Woman I'd end up on fewer websites, but he's not convinced.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've always had curves, even when I was much smaller. Never had a problem with men. Get yourself together and stop looking, they will come. I always say, "You have to kiss a couple of frogs before you get to your prince." Good things come to those who wait. :smile:
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I've always had curves, even when I was much smaller. Never had a problem with men. Get yourself together and stop looking, they will come. I always say, "You have to kiss a couple of frogs before you get to your prince." Good things come to those who wait. :smile:

I say kiss as many frogs as possible. Just don't let any of them move in or anything crazy like that.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Skinny girls do not always get the guy!!
    I've been on both sides and either way sucks. I think I put off "normal" men cuz of my job...and I didn't want to date my customers (God that sounds bad) cuz I didn't want to get the badge bunny label. So I was pretty screwed either way. Plus I'm a bit eccentric....but that's another forum.
    I'm glad I found my partner ( I hate the word "boyfriend"...eeewww), cuz he accepted me as how I am...eccentricities and all. Both thicker and in shape.
    I think its mostly the confidence we radiate. No one likes anyone if they seem insecure or whatnot.
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Every man is different. I once went out with a guy who (afterwards) told me I was fat (I have never been bigger then a UK 12).

I also went out with a guy who said he would have preferred me to be bigger.

As tempting as it was in those scenarios to cater to what they wanted I want to be happy with my body myself. Sod everyone else, if they don't like it then they are not right for you! I know how hard the dating game is (there was a massive thread about it yesterday too, it was called 'dating in 2011, seriously!') Give it a read, you are not alone!

Be yourself and be the size that YOU want to be, not what others want. Some people make the mistake of believing if they look a certain way it will give them greater success in the dating game, it really doesn't!

:flowerforyou:
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It's a bogus question because there are plenty of skinny nice girls and lots of bitter chubby girls out there. As far as looks are concerned, I know people lean one way or the other, but variety is nice. If you or anyone is looking for just a hook up, fine go for the looks. But if this is relationship talk, looks should take a back seat to both chemistry and personality.
  • Leola2011
    Options
    This is such a peculiar topic. In my experience, I've found it to be very destructive for people to draw too many connections between their looks and their "success" in the dating scene. Moreover, it's very strange to me for someone to imply that thinner people have a proclivity toward being unpleasant air-heads and heavier people tend to be warmer or kinder.

I've heard from a great dealing of people that the dating scene is brutal and I'm so glad I'm off the market. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that one's attitude and expectations do more to set the stage for what kind of romantic relationship gets formed than does one's physique.

I consider myself to be quite thick. And although I need to lose a considerable amount of weight, I still turn heads and my husband thinks I'm the finest thing he's ever seen. Shoot, I'd get with me if I were someone else LOL. Thick or thin, I believe I bring something real to the table and I think others pick up on that more than anything.
  • Aliwoo1982
    Aliwoo1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i was a size 18 (UK) when i met my partner, he himself was a 30 waist lol! i'm now a size 22ish and he is a 34 waist. after nearly 8 years and 2 kids together (plus i has a child already) we've both changed in our appearance. despite the weight gain i actually feel more attractive to him now than i did then. i think that is mainly due to him making me believe i was beautiful, to him at least! when i met him i may have been slimmer but my self esteem was a hell of alot lower, due to past relationships and my dad (who always put me down etc)
    he doesn't really have a taste, though he does tend to go towards the curvier girls, though there are slim girls he likes (kylie for example lol)
    i dont really have a taste either but tend to end up being with slim guys, so i may be the same but opposite if you now what i mean lol

you probably just haven't met the right man yet, i know plenty of guys who honestly do prefer a fuller figure, ok most of them dont prefer obese (though some do) but they dont prefer what women percieve as the 'perfect woman' in terms of size. dont forget it's how you meet guys too, on a night out isn't the best place imo, nights out are filled with people trying to look as good as they can and looking for flings (usually) not relationships x
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    It could also be who you are going out with. I used to go out with my friend who was always wanting the center of attention and made me fade off in the background. It was really only until she got a guy that the other men started talking to me. Not that there is anything wrong with me but i am shy.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Does your ComicCon loving woman dress up? I really wanted to go to ComicCon this year, but my boyfriend was worried that pictures of me dressed as Sailor Moon would end up all over the internet, so we passed. I told him that maybe if I dressed as Wonder Woman I'd end up on fewer websites, but he's not convinced.

He would be correct. At SDCC this year, my husband was snapping pics of all the ones dressed as Wonder Woman. He did not snap one pic of a Sailor Moon girl. He also asked that when I get to a weight I'm comfortable at, I dress was Wonder Woman. Not sure that's gonna happen. :laugh:
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    DIFFERENT STROKES... FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!

I think there is someone out there for everyone...