(CLOSED GROUP) TEAM SURVIVETTES - GOING TRIBAL IN SEPTEMBER!

Options

Replies

• yes_i_can
    Options
    wow - I completed everything in the PYGYMY series EXCEPT the split squats, it hurt my knees too bad.... so i did 25 kick squats instead.... sorry ladies.... I ALSO RAN a mile and a half!! of course I had to break it up but I still did it! and when I you tubed the bear walk, it looked fun, boy was I in for a surprise...it tired me out but I did it the entire minute!I am SO Proud of myself! How did you guys do with today's challenge??....

I did the advanced, but it almost killed me! ;) I was with you thinking the bear walk wouldn't be bad... holy crap!! That and the burpees were a struggle, but I did it... plus a 5K run this morning. Hoping I can keep up with this pace now that I'm back to work tomorrow... and travelling Wed-Thurs. Doing it as a challenge will force me to do it and not let you guys down though!!
  • TeeBoo29
    Options
    Hello Teamates!! This is my first time joinging a challenge team...Am I the only one doing the PYMYGY challenge series?... what does that stand for anyway?... is the "P" for Punk?... lol
  • iamthewalrus871
    Options
    Hello Teamates!! This is my first time joinging a challenge team...Am I the only one doing the PYMYGY challenge series?... what does that stand for anyway?... is the "P" for Punk?... lol

LOL P for punk!

I am doing the Pigmy too, this is also my first time joining in a challenge. I am doing the Pigmy and some of the Bushman, I do all the pigmy, and do what I can of the bushman. some of those bushman exercises are INSANE!!!!!! LOL
  • iamthewalrus871
    Options
    I can do the exercises for today, but I dont know about the mile and a half or what ever, I am going to walk to pick up my son from school so I will measure out what that is, it may be enough, but yesterday, trying to do those burpees, my knee popped and it is still bugging me! UGHHHHHH but I promise my team members, I am going to try my best to do everything!!! I just wanted to say in advance I dont know if I can! BUT I AM GOING TO TRY!!!!
  • LLaDonna
    Options
    These challenges are so...challenging! Dang! There needs to be a 3rd category for bush pygmies :)
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm just reading the 2nd week challenges. I haven't been on my computer for 2 days...running back and forth to the hospital to see my Nana and coming home late in the evening. I've been logging in from my phone. Today is another day of going to the hospital, but I'll be home earlier then the last 2 days because I'm getting burn't out. I like walking/jogging so I'm glad this has been added to the challenge.
  • TeeBoo29
    Options
    Good Morning Mates! How's everyone doing with the workouts?...
  • TeeBoo29
    Options
    OMG, I just had to make up some exercises that I missed last week... what ever you do, don't miss more than one day... stacking up of these exercises just about killed me but I knew I had to do it for my team! WHERE YALL AT?.... How has it been going for you guys?.... only 2 more weeks to go! I hope we win or at least come close to winning! Let's Go Team Survivettes!!
  • JRena225
    Options
    we are definitely slacking on our forum communication.....the new challenges are posted on Gary's blog.....http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES (Beginners)

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right?
    Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
    Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BUSHMEN SERIES ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 3 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week THREE Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are at the 1/2 way mark! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series.
    Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break, No stopping!
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm loving this, but the scale doesn't seem to be. I'm being patient with the "toning" process and not putting too much pressure on the number though.

5 miles, really??? I don't know about that one - running my second race on Sunday, and that 5K is the longest I've done to date... I suppose the next step is upping it to something around 5 miles, but I've got to get this race under my belt first. ;)

The rest, I promise I will do though! Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the 5mile thing. I will probably do the 5 mile thing on a sunday, which wil be the only thing i do on that day. Yeah i gianed a couple of punds and I know why, it's my own fault. But i am definetly getting stronger with the challenges.

I ust started school again and late night munching has begun. Need to nip that one in the bud.

Good lUck ladies
  • JRena225
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level!Raise those spears!

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches. You hate me now but you'll love me come October!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 –PYGMY SERIES

Week 4 Daily Exercise Challenge
    Points.

Welcome to Week 4 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

Weekly Team Challenge - as a combined team effort attempt to reach a goal of an additional 2000 crunches. For a team of 10 that would be an additional 200 crunches per team member over a span of 6 days! As always water, calories!
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    How's the team doing? Is there a list somewhere where we can compare to other teams?

Hope you're all enjoying this and doing well! I'm going to up my game this week :explode:
  • JRena225
    Options
    How's the team doing? Is there a list somewhere where we can compare to other teams?

Hope you're all enjoying this and doing well! I'm going to up my game this week :explode:

we all need to up our game!!! although our team is till in tack minus one member cptino due to injury, we are not as dedicated as we were in the beginning....I blame myself some but you all have to be accountable for yourselves!! If we agree to do the challenge then we need to stay motivated for the full challenge....Yes we all are busy working, being parents and all that, but you also are doing this for yourself. Take 20 minutes out of your day and get the challenge in and you're done!!! We have 2 weeks left and I want us to give 200 percent!!!!

A lot of other teams have lost half their members due to lack of committment to the challenge...
  • TeeBoo29
    Options
    I thought all of you had fallen off and given up on the challenges... I would come to the message board and post messages with no responses. I am still doing the challenge exercises but I'm also doing boot camp which is kicking my *kitten*.... so with that being said... How are you ladies coming along with the challenges?.. we have 2 more weeks to kick sum *kitten*.... Let's do it!!
  • JRena225
    Options
    I think we are just not that active on the boards but we need to start!!!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not being as active, but there is alot going on for me as far as school and my kids school, this is just a very busy month and its hard to get your regualr work out in ontop of the challenges, it's hard but i get them done.

Hope everyone is doing well.

~Chika
  • iamthewalrus871
    Options

we all need to up our game!!! although our team is till in tack minus one member cptino due to injury, we are not as dedicated as we were in the beginning....I blame myself some but you all have to be accountable for yourselves!! If we agree to do the challenge then we need to stay motivated for the full challenge....Yes we all are busy working, being parents and all that, but you also are doing this for yourself. Take 20 minutes out of your day and get the challenge in and you're done!!! We have 2 weeks left and I want us to give 200 percent!!!!

A lot of other teams have lost half their members due to lack of committment to the challenge...

I am here and going strong! I am working my butt off!!! I LOVE THIS! :love: altough by the end of the week my body is crying! LOL :cry: but I am determined to loose weight!
  • iamthewalrus871
    Options
    I thought all of you had fallen off and given up on the challenges... I would come to the message board and post messages with no responses. I am still doing the challenge exercises but I'm also doing boot camp which is kicking my *kitten*.... so with that being said... How are you ladies coming along with the challenges?.. we have 2 more weeks to kick sum *kitten*.... Let's do it!!

wow boot camp and the challenges! you are awesome! LOL I am doing good! down 3.5 pounds! WOOT WOOT! LOL
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    I'm definitely still here, but haven't lost :(

I switched up my diet just before starting this, so I think I'm just taking some time to adjust.

I messed up a few days last week with diet and water, but I'm back on it hardcore until the end of the month!!!