ladies. Can we just call it our period?

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    But... I like talking about Aunt Flo, Uncle Tom and the Curse. It amuses me...

Why call it our period? That's not the proper name anyway. If you want to get specific perhaps one should just say: I am menstruating.

Or better yet, go turn on the Oxygen network and keep it to yourself.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Isn't 'period' a euphemism in the first place?
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We must keep people aware of it.
    Until there is a cure.

It's called menopause but that's a whole other topic....
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ladies. Stop being disgusting, and have a doctor nip it in the bud. Why all the wasted TP, tampons and other sanitary articles. Go GREEN! Get Mirena!
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We call it.... "falling off the roof".... we makes up for some funny conversations sometimes!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

I think it's just short for menstrual period...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    psh, I'll call it what I want. Today it's TOM next month it'll be KEVIN

Hahahaha 2nd most winning comment after Taso's. =)
    Thanks :smile: I was being serious. I'm totally gonna start naming my period after dudes every month - probably MFP members, starting with the males who have the most posts. They won't even see it coming... They'll be like "oooh! LOOK! Sunkisses posted a thread about me! Yay!" *happy-click* mwahaha.gif
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Until there is a cure.

lol. . Thanks I am not looking forward to menopause. ..
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice.

d99f7fd8.jpg
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I promise you that if I ever had to post about my period, I'd call it my period. But please, please, let's all just stop posting about our periods!

AMEN! Seriously. How many more times do we have to see a thread about weight fluctuating when we have our periods before people learn how to use the search function?

:)
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Can you plug it up like a cork does a bottle of wine?

Uh, no. Then how would the eggs escape? They'd just grow in to a baby inside you if you did that.

I want to play with your hair.

Middlesbrough is near Atlanta, right?
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Please? I think the guys can handle it.

3.gif

Please!!!!!!

I find the term TOM insulting to us guys called Tom. :laugh:

Bwahahahahahaha! I was wondering how everyone knew Tom! And more importantly ... I wanted to know what the hell he did to everyone to make them so damn mad! :laugh:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Until there is a cure.

It's called menopause but that's a whole other topic....
    I love menopause.
  • bethgarzonie
    Options
    Chemotherapy..... another cure.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options

I think it's just short for menstrual period...
    Nah, I think the term is 'menses' or 'menstrual cycle' something like that... 'period' and 'time' are all just euphemisms.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I prefer to call it "the week when I bleed profusely from my vagina"... acronym Twwibpfmv, of course.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I promise you that if I ever had to post about my period, I'd call it my period. But please, please, let's all just stop posting about our periods!

AMEN! Seriously. How many more times do we have to see a thread about weight fluctuating when we have our periods before people learn how to use the search function?

:)

Who would want to search for that? Except the cast from True Blood
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

Nah, I think the term is 'menses' or 'menstrual cycle' something like that... 'period' and 'time' are all just euphemisms.

I was in medical school (briefly), and it was common parlance among doctors and students. The menstrual period. The menstrual phase. Menses. All were used in the professional setting.

At any rate, "menses" is the most common term in medical literature. But who talks like that? And who ever references their "luteal phase" or their "follicular phase"? That's right...no one.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Ladies. Stop being disgusting, and have a doctor nip it in the bud. Why all the wasted TP, tampons and other sanitary articles. Go GREEN! Get Mirena!
    TP? Who uses TP? Yuck!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Just gonna be honest, here. When I first joined MFP, like so many, I did not know what TOM was. Once it dawned on me, I became annoyed by those who felt compelled to share with me each month the blow by blow of their cycle...pms/headaches/cramps/backaches, on and on, and of course along with that the need to eat everything in their way and lay down and cry for a week...PLEASE.

get off your *kitten*, and go to the gym. Take a hot shower, you will feel better, promise. Just be quiet. Suck it up, cupcake. DEAL with it.

x End of rant x