Breakfast....What do you have ??

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I eat oatmeal about 5 days a week. It is very filling and I am not too hungry until it is time for lunch. I make 1/2 cup of dry oats and add raisins, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and a bit of sweetener, such as 1 tsp. of white or brown sugar, or honey, or marmalade. When berries are in season and add them too. I also have coffee.

Other days I eat 2 eggs with an English muffin with 1 tsp. of butter, coffee. Which is what I had today.

Sometimes cold cereal with milk, a small banana, and coffee. But I am hungry too soon with that.

Sometimes I make waffles or pancakes.

I always, always, add whatever I have eaten to my MFP diary. I have lost 50 lbs.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Two eggs scrambled for around 154 calories, or two eggs poached on toast (250 calories or so)
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member
    Hot tea and an egg over medium. Then, after my morning hike, a bowl of cut-up watermelon. It’s like cold, crunchy, wonderfully-tasting water—really refreshing when hot and sweaty.
  • holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    Just coffee. I don't get hungry until lunchtime most days.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Always a different meal because I like variety (today was tempeh wrapped in rice paper) but if there's a regular appearance it's a cheesy egg white omelette.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Morning coffee around 5 a.m., then a couple clementines at 8, then I try to hold off until lunch time to eat more. I find that the more I eat for breakfast the more I want continuously all day long. :/
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I switch it up every week, but the basics stay the same. Some sort of carb, some eggs for protein, and some fruit. How that comes together is what changes and I often will add more to it. Very rarely will I do oatmeal or yogurt, though I did do those more often when I was working in the office instead of from home. Now I have a freedom to cook something fresh each morning if I wish.

So for an example today I had:
    2 egg sandwich on whole grain toast with avocado, chicken breast, and pepper jack cheese.
    Cherries
    Chai tea latte, iced
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I have 3 things I usually eat.

1. Oats - pour a half cup or so into a bowl and add the milk - when I'm done with coffee they are good to eat (cold is fine by me) and I'll add some cut fruit (banana, mango, strawberries maybe) and a spoonful each or so of flax meal, chia seeds, sunflower seeds or maybe hemp seeds or a nut butter.
    2. Yoghurt and the same as above. I have a few bags of frozen fruit also and will microwave some for a minute to take the edge off and add yoghurt and some of the above mix-ins.
    3. Once in a while I'll just have toast and spread, or toast and some Morningstar "bacon."
  • AngelOfMusic1028
    AngelOfMusic1028 Posts: 51 Member
    I don't eat breakfast. If I eat anything after I wake up to about 3 hours after, I feel sick to my stomach no matter how light the meal may be.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Generally cereal, sometimes a muffin or cinnamon roll. When I was trying to lose weight, it was usually an omelet.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I had banana chocolate chip muffins using the elavegan recipe. They are delicious and the texture was amazing and fluffy. I might add a bit of protein powder next time too.
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day (not 100% sure 😒) but anyway..what do you have. Don't bother or do you bulk up and make it last till dinner or even tea time. High in carbs or protein or mixed. Just want to get some ideas and see if there's something else out there that I've overlooked and never tried before. Thanks.

I have overnight oats with almond milk, apple/banana, yogurt, cinnamon and flax seeds. Approx 225 calories. But...I eat 4 meals a day not 3 so starting off small suits me. My overall daily is 1400 to 1500 not including exercise calories.

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    I have the same every day. I love it! 100g Skyrr, 15g mixed seeds, 30g basic muesli (no dried fruit), then about 1/2 apple, 1/3 banana, 2 or 3 strawbs, a handful of bluebs, a few grapes, maybe a bit of pear. It's got a good amount of protein in from the skyrr and plenty of fresh fruit. job done and no cooking = win!
  • Roadie35
    Roadie35 Posts: 132 Member
    Weetabix with banana and protein milk
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    My standard breakfast is:
    1tbsp each chia, flax and hemp
    A little milk to bloom the chia
    Let it sit for 10 minutes
    Add
    30 grams of Dorset muesli — one of the only mueslis I’ve found that has no added sugar
    170 grams of Greek yogurt
    A Little more milk to mix it all
    Let it sit 5 minutes
    Enjoy!!!
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Whatever. I've never been a big believer in eating certain foods only at certain times ("breakfast" foods, for instance) so whatever strikes my fancy.

Breakfast could be:
    Leftovers
    Burgers
    Steak
    Cheapo chicken parm (frozen chicken patty, sauce, cheese, baked)
    Eggs + meat
    Deviled eggs
    Tuna salad
    Bagel + cream cheese + ham
    Sandwich
    Porridge
    Cereal
    Nothing (I just break my fast sometime in the afternoon or at dinner)
    Meal replacement shake
    Bulletproof coffee/tea

I think leftover Chinese is my favorite choice when available.
  • MiaBella444
    MiaBella444 Posts: 39 Member
    I do not care much for breakfast. I tend to wake up and just drink coffee and then have lunch about 11:30 AM before I go to work. I have been trying to make myself eat only since I started MFP. When I do get up early I go for an English muffin because it has fewer calories than 2 slices of toast. I also try to eat a GF cereal like 1/2 c chex with a bit of oat milk. I have just discovered oat milk and I like it better than almond milk.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2020
    Anything and everything and nothing. I don't eat breakfast when I don't feel like eating breakfast, and I eat it when I feel like eating it. What I eat is different too, sometimes it's oats or some other breakfast food, sometimes it's a random snack (can be anything from candy to raw veggies), and sometimes it's yesterday's leftovers. Today it was eggplant and potato stew in tomato sauce with roasted buckwheat and lemon roasted cauliflower side.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Reduced fat greek yoghurt with fresh berries, walnuts and honey
    Or Skyr (Icelandic yoghurt) with a sprinkling of no added sugar granola and frozen berries
    In winter homemade porridge with either banana or apple and cinnamon and vanilla essence - no added sugar
    Occasionally I crave seed-bread toasted with butter and marmite (salty B-Vitamin spread) or my husband buys reduced fat croissants which are low calorie and taste good but they trigger really bad cravings, as nearly all bread products do in me, so I try to avoid them. And occasionally I'll have a boiled egg with wholewheat 'soldiers' to dip in. But most days it's yoghurt or Skyr with berries.