Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• TayaCurraghTayaCurragh Member Posts: 428 Member Member Posts: 428 Member
    I don't mind bottled salad dressing but the low calorie/fat free ones are basically just water. I'd rather just take the calories!
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,185 Member Member Posts: 4,185 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    bottled salad dressing is an abomination

No, I totally agree. I'd go as far as to say all ready-made salad dressing is an abomination. It's so easy to make.

agreed! nothing beats fresh ranch!
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,185 Member Member Posts: 4,185 Member
    is this unpopular? idk. Cookie dough ice cream is, in general, not worth it.
    steak sauce ruins steak
  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Member Posts: 1,034 Member Member Posts: 1,034 Member
    Jazz up fresh watermelon with ground cinnamon!!
  • RockingWithLJRockingWithLJ Member Posts: 206 Member Member Posts: 206 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I like oranges but find them a little bit inconvenient to eat, and occasionally you get one that's not as good. That's why I prefer clementines. (I love orange juice, but rarely drink it because it's high cal to satisfaction ratio. I do drink it when I stay at a hotel that has fresh squeezed, it's my little indulgence.)

Gosh, I cannot stand anything about oranges.

Off the current trend of this conversation but I mention in another post that I cannot stand tacos.. No matter from where or how they are made
    I like oranges but find them a little bit inconvenient to eat, and occasionally you get one that's not as good. That's why I prefer clementines. (I love orange juice, but rarely drink it because it's high cal to satisfaction ratio. I do drink it when I stay at a hotel that has fresh squeezed, it's my little indulgence.)

Off the current trend of this conversation but I mention in another post that I cannot stand tacos.. No matter from where or how they are made

I don't eat tacos, but, if you don't mind me asking, is there a particular aspect of tacos that deters you (like an ingredient, or the presentation, or the typical way of eating a taco)?
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,661 Member Member Posts: 5,661 Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »

I don't eat tacos, but, if you don't mind me asking, is there a particular aspect of tacos that deters you (like an ingredient, or the presentation, or the typical way of eating a taco)?

I don't really eat tacos either -- on the rare occasion I'm somewhere I might get a taco I always prefer enchiladas or (if Chipotle) a lower cal fajita bowl, but am also curious as to this answer. I think hard shell tacos (the only thing I knew growing up) are awful, but there are soft shell.

Also don't get hating everything about oranges, but that's why it's an unpopular opinion!
    edited July 30
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,768 Member Member Posts: 1,768 Member
    To me, saying you don't like tacos is like saying you don't like sandwiches. There are so many variations, with different "wrappers" and different fillings. But, I suppose if you don't like Mexican spices or flavors in general, you probably don't like any traditional tacos.
  • gabriellayang314gabriellayang314 Member, Premium Posts: 10 Member Member, Premium Posts: 10 Member
    Cheddar cheese- like a fermented orange chalk- bacon (agreed) like ham with fat taped onto it- donuts (the bagel was put to an oily death) - nuts (unless in butter form- and pistachios are ok)
  • xDaynarosexDaynarose Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I cant handle eggs when the white and yolks arent mixed together (fried, boiled poached ect) yet my favourite food ever is Quiche... *shrug*
    xDaynarose wrote: »
    I cant handle eggs when the white and yolks arent mixed together (fried, boiled poached ect) yet my favourite food ever is Quiche... *shrug*

I can't stand cooked egg yolk by itself but love runny egg yolk... and I like egg whites by themselves lol
  • Facet101Facet101 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    Hate mushrroms

Avocado is very overrated
    Facet101 wrote: »
    Hate mushrroms

Avocado is very overrated

Regarding the avocado hype... it is only because they have good PR.

Adocado's From Mexico has spent $100 million on advertising lol
  • caitlinbc87caitlinbc87 Member Posts: 58 Member Member Posts: 58 Member
    Circus peanuts are good.
  • ccrdragonccrdragon Member Posts: 2,717 Member Member Posts: 2,717 Member
    Circus peanuts are good.

Circus peanuts are BARELY one step above packing peanuts on the food scale
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,768 Member Member Posts: 1,768 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Circus peanuts are good.

Circus peanuts are BARELY one step above packing peanuts on the food scale

I'd rather eat packing peanuts...at least they wouldn't taste like artificial banana.
    Watermelon is best WITH the seeds -- same stands for grapes and cucumbers!!
    "plant based" is totally misleading and think needs to be better regulated.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,520 Member Member Posts: 5,520 Member
    "plant based" is totally misleading and think needs to be better regulated.

So true. Pretty much everything now says "plant based".

'Plant based food is defined as a finished product consisting of ingredients derived from plants that include vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds and/or legumes.'

Which is basically every type of food. So reeses have peanuts, does that mean they are plant based?