Welcome New Members!

Replies

• MissLenaT87
    MissLenaT87 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hey everyone! I'm so happy to be on the app again! I've used it on and off for years. I'm from Texas (currently in Utah) and I'm looking for a way to keep myself accountable. My goals is to lose around 30 pounds, but overall I just want to feel healthier and happier! My biggest culprit is my diet currently. I have a major sweet tooth and it's been a major issue in my fitness goals. I'm hoping to find support and healthier recipes here! To a wonderful rest of 2020!

Hi! I'm back on the app again too. I can't tell you how satisfying it was to log back in and see my last weigh in was over 200lbs and I could proudly enter my NEW weight at 165lbs! Well.. Not SUPER proudly lol I actually gained about 20lbs 🤷🏾 so my goal is actually the same as yours to lose 30lbs. I'll be starting a workout and waist training challenge in August on the 1st. Maybe you would like to join me? 🤔 Ever heard of the Chloe Ting challenges on youtube? I'll be attempting the 2 week ab challenge! Anyway, welcome back love! I wish you all the best and much success on your journey to health!
  • MissLenaT87
    MissLenaT87 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I need motivators! I need someone to hold me accountable. I keep getting on the wagon and falling off! High energy, welcome! I am 38, 39 in less than a month and I am not where I want to be at all. I need help!!! I need to lose about 30lbs, possibly more. I haven't stepped on a scale in a very long time...kinda scared too!

Hey girl! It seems like 30lbs is the goal around here lol I'm trying to lose 30lbs as well. I'd love for us to work together and hold each other accountable to get this weight outta here!! Are you in the US? And if so where do you live? I'm from NJ. Anyway, let's do this thing! Lmk if you would like to partner up.
  • Becrose09
    Becrose09 Posts: 39 Member
    Hi everyone feel free to add not that new but looking for motivation anyone looking for same please add 😁👌
  • spikywon
    spikywon Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2020
    n3tRN wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I recently got out of hospital after getting my arm sliced open during a very violent, drunken altercation. I'm guessing the picture is too gruesome to be posted here.
    I was waiting for surgery for four days with no food or drink and the helicopter kept bringing in emergencies. I came out with 14 external stitches, and quite a few internal stitches.
    I have quit drinking in a big way.
    When I first saw myself in the mirror, I was shocked. My gut was distended, and I have virtually no muscle. When I was drinking I just didn't notice or care. I thought "holy *kitten*, has my girlfriend been putting up with this as well?".
    I have had disabling chronic pain which led to a decade long Oxycodone addiction, and sometimes weeks spent in bed. I slowly weaned myself down from 1,000mg/day to 10mg/day; a most painfully horrendous experience!
    I used alcohol in conjunction with oxys to kill pain. It's very seductive as together they work ten times better than either one alone.
    I'm a vegetarian who often eats vegan and occasionally will eat ethical seafood.
    Since restarting MyFitnessPal I have been losing about a kg a day! I think that must be something to do with reduced fluid retention.
    I live in a place with no Covid cases. Right next to the beautiful Noosa River, about a five minute cycle away from Noosa Main Beach and the spectacularly beautiful National Park.
    There's no excuse for me to not get out and exercise every day. Unless my pain flares up.
    I'm 5'10". Was 96kg ten days ago when I got out of hospital; currently 90.4kg. My ultimate goal is 75kg.
    Sincere thanks to anybody who bothered to read this long-winded and downbeat rave. 💖
  • spikywon
    spikywon Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2020
    Can't post pics for some reason.
  • R2theW
    R2theW Posts: 33 Member
    Back again!! Get this *kitten* into gear
  • Fepena515
    Fepena515 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm back on track with this app, so happy right now, any tips on getting low body fat? should I quit carbs?

Stay strong.
  • Philippe74005327
    Philippe74005327 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello all, back on MFP, on and off since 2011. Now, at 59, happily retired, serious about lengthening and improving my active life. 28 kg down since January 10th 2020 and another 10 kg to go to my 23 year old weight at the end of my National Service! Have fun all!
  • R2theW
    R2theW Posts: 33 Member
    I’m back today as well.. need some motivation
  • xdarangox
    xdarangox Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I got my account some time ago but actually never was active here. A recent life made me think of a change and start doing something for me and start loving me more. I am a new way of eating, exercising and I feel excited about these recent changes I am doing.

Happy to be here.
  • jimmyE1980
    jimmyE1980 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey everyone!! I'm not new, just new to this round of mfp lol. I hope that this time I can keep with it and hold myself accountable and get it right this time. I want to see what kind of success I have when I track EVERY SINGLE THING this time around. I always seem to get sidetracked but I'm determined to not let that happen. Also different is that I never really hopped in the forums like talkin bout, and didnt really reach out to make friends either. Maybe that's what's missing🤔....I need to not be so shy & lame and make friends. Anyways if anyone would like to be friends on here I would really appreciate it, and if you see me slack give me a swift kick in the ol planter's peanuts. Thank you for reading😊
  • brevelez452
    brevelez452 Posts: 3 Member
    HI HI my name is bre and I love motivating people I’m new and just letting you all know you’re amazing keep it up loves🦋🤍
  • dr_mundo
    dr_mundo Posts: 24 Member
    Hello everyone. New here, wanted to try the app out, try new things, be supported and support people and ofc make new friends ^^
  • sjeagen7
    sjeagen7 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! joined the app again after not using it for a long time and I got my sister to join also!
    I'm amazed at when I track my foods how much sodium and fats are in everything. Don't want to do whole30 again though. Enjoy reading the blog posts for extra insight and recipes also.
  • klou6
    klou6 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! Everyone!...I'm kinda new to this community thing...been on this MFP for a couple of years...trying to eat better..working out is a little harder for me since I'm usually on my feet running around for 6 hrs straight at work...I need to tone up but just don't have the motivation for it...I'm 51...and somewhat feeling old...I don't know what to do about it.
  • NikkiO317
    NikkiO317 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello!! I am brand new to the app and also new to tracking food. My doctor told me I need to track my calories so here we go!! Long story short, had a melanoma removed from my leg in April 2018, 1 year of chemo, and a crap ton of bad side effects including rheumatoid arthritis and a broken pancreas. I've been packing on the lbs this year and I have had enough!!! Ready for a change!
  • emilyagoulazian
    emilyagoulazian Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Emily and I just recently decided to purchase the premium membership. Since the beginning of COVID, I took it upon myself to use all of this free time to work on myself. I’ve been working out consistently every day for the past few months, and I feel the best I ever have. My eating habits, however, are all over the place and I notice these habits are affecting my progress. I downloaded this app to keep track of what I’m eating to make sure I’m meeting all of my goals! Would love to connect with you guys and get to know your goals as well!
  • cosafe1
    cosafe1 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm returning to MFP and want to lose weight and look trim and be healthy and energetic because I want to find a job in a few months when my contract job is over and look presentable. COVID19 has kept me less active and I want to make a turn-around and like my appearance better.
  • breick83
    breick83 Posts: 1 Member
    hello, i'm new. i'm using this for insight and tips. I am an intermittent faster and i'm just using this to log my caloric intake and gain some tips on the way
  • tmclemo
    tmclemo Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone!
    In my 20s through early 40s I was in the gym everyday always had the drive and motivation to push myself further. Running, weights, you name it I was doing it.
    Heading into my 50s now something has changed, just not feeling motivated to workout at home, I do walk every evening but its not cutting it.
    I'm excited to meet like minded people and get this body off the COVID couch and drop 25-30lbs.