WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 847 Member
    Barbie, thanks for starting us off once again this month!
    Tracey, your plant stakes would have made me snort my beverage had I been drinking one! lol I love them! My thumbs are a bit greener than that, but the shady backyard and the bleeping squirrels have presented their challenges! What a shame that the day shift folks took all of the prepared food, just so wrong, they had to have realized that it was there for a reason!
    Lisa, is there an easy way for you and Corey to change the configuration of the opening of the gate? I am glad you finally got it done, but yeah, what a bunch of goobers.... I love the idea of the circular drive! And you are absolutely right, the list of stuff definitely had exercise written all over it!
    Pip, Kirby looks so happy to be headed for his final day at work! I'm so very happy for both of you that everything has worked out so well.
    I'm sure there were other posts I wanted to comment on, but the memory fails.
    The only goal I had for July was to end it lighter than I started. On official wi day (Tuesday) that made me down .4 of a pound. Yup, you read that right, point 4. Oh well, I will take it, especially as this morning I was down another .8, so obviously some water retention happening. My food intake hasn't been spectacularly brilliant, but it hasn't been entirely horrible either, so onward I trudge. I will make that my only goal for August as well. I'm not sure if the Y opening up has helped or hindered my weight loss, I really like going there, but with being limited time wise, I feel like I'm not burning the same number of calories as I was on my own. I think I need to keep up with cardio on my own and just use the gym for strength training and stretching. I find it so hard to be so restricted timewise, just too used to being able to go and do my own thing when I want to and when works for me, and for as long as I want, but I guess I just need to put on my big girl panties and get over it. sigh. (LOL)
    Two of my friends have lost their mom's in the past few days, they were both elderly, so not entirely unexpected, but still so hard losing our moms. Thinking of Margaret and her son. Cannot imagine the pain of losing a child.
    That's it for me for now, hope everyone has a great day/night.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    665946qo1lkpzy89.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,998 Member
    Barbie:
    Many thanks for keeping us on the straight and narrow.
    Back story:
    I’m Terri, from Northern Ireland (☘️ Terri)
    March 2014: 227 lbs
    August 2020: 149.8
    Maintaining since Nov 2019 using CI/CO and extra calories from exercise.
    Focus for 2020: improve stamina, strength, and flexibility.
    JulyGoals: Update
    Weight rise a couple of lbs because of increased intensity of exercise. Did well for most of the month, with a blip over our anniversary weekend.

August Daily Goals: Week 1
    Sat: ✅ Su: Mo: Tu:
    We: Th: Fr:
    Working on strength/stamina: Very happy with the results of my efforts since the middle of June. I can work on the resultant weight gain. All my stats are in the normal range for my age/height.
    Weight < 150
    1 August 2019: 171.1
    1 August 2029: 149.8
    Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3 -> 25.1
    Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7 -> 30.1
    Calories < in the green 🐝
    Steps > 7500 🐝 7813
    Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🐝 145
    (Gardening/shopping/walking)
    Active hours > 6 daily🐝 10
    Activities I got to do
    Meditation✅ walk/jog✅
    Local shopping (with social distancing) ✅
    Gardening✅
    Crochet🧶 watch TV✅ Puzzles✅
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,414 Member
    Tonight making soup for my guys.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,917 Member

Made a gazpacho that I’ll have for breakfast. Not sure how I feel about it. Does anyone have any good recipes? Preferably one that you put in a blender. And not high in calories (maybe somewhere around 100). I’d like it to make about 6 or less servings since I’m the only one who will eat it.

Anne DE – we use Revolution for our cats and get it from this place called Zoetis. They are an Australian company. But get this – it’s made in the US. But it’s much cheaper

Michele NC
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info on the flea treatment for cats. With 7 in the house now, we go through a lot of treatments every month. Only one of the seven is allowed outside plus we have one dog- not sure who brings them inside but we treat them all. I will check out that site.

edit- I am looking at the site but can't find the prices/how to order, just info on it- maybe I am looking at the wrong site.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    edited August 2020
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Debbie, We use Revolution for our dogs and cat. Our veterinarian recommended it over Frontline. We get it from 1800Petmeds. I have no idea what we pay compared to what other sites charge, but ordering 12 months at a time lowers the price.

:) Thank you everyone for your kind words. Thank you for showing up again so I don't have to be alone.

:) We went on one of our rare ventures out today. Went to the post office to mail something important and then to the library curbside pickup to return a book, get two new ones, and get my T shirt award for the summer library reading challenge. Jake liked the shirt so much, that he came home and registered for the challenge so he could get a shirt, too.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I am not sure where husband orders from. We usually order the six month pack but of course, that is just one month for us-(two of the cats don't always get treatment as they have had reactions to some of the treatments) six of the seven only go outside in the catio, so not actually outside but because of Neko, they all get treatment.
    Like, because of Tora, all are on UTI food- easier to do all then just one and hope it works.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,998 Member
    aa2ucs582jrc.jpeg

fcj3t971zdsp.jpeg

1s7ok450kq2z.jpeg

7 significant areas ...
    Financial Goals: We saved for our retirement, have no debt, and have a comfortable monthly budget which we do not exceed.

Spiritual Goals: I have a strong faith, but do not belong to any particular religion. I use regular meditation and positive reframing.

Fitness Goals: I exercise at home, using a range of online resources to provide variety.

Educational Goals: I aim to learn something new every day. I belong to study groups for Latin and Shakespeare, and regular learn new craft technique.

Family Goals: Married for 54 years. We have regular contact with immediate family, albeit at a distance at the minute.

Career Goals: Retired Teacher involved as a volunteer group leader for an international life long learning charity.

Social Goals: I have a wide circle of friends with whom I normally meet regularly, However, this has been curtailed somewhat post Covid.

Some of my favourite hobbies/sports/activities include:
    ~ writing especially poetry
    ~ walking
    ~ dancing
    ~ painting watercolours
    ~ arts/crafts of all sorts
    ~ reading
    ~ gardening
    ~ photography
    ~ travel
    ~ playing Ingress (virtual reality game)
    ~ cooking healthy food

☘️ Terri
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,321 Member
    Vince doesn’t think we’ll be able to see PJ in Sept. Anne – how is DE? My heart is aching to see him. Maybe they’ll come down for Christmas if we can't go up

Katla – I guess I’m a real true baby boomer. It was so very hard for me when we had the lockdown. Still is hard for me to be limited in where I can go, but I’m getting used to it

Tracey – we have this one plant, I have no idea what it is, all I know is that it’s something green. A friend (she’s a master gardener) asked me what it was and I just told her “I have no idea, it’s green”. I need to get a sign that says “something green”. Thanks for the idea. I wonder where I can get a sign made?

Debbie – check out Sierra Pet Meds.com. 12 doses plus 2 free is $116 it looks like

Debbie CA - All of our cats are on a weight management cat food because of Loki. He isn’t really overweight, even the vet says so, he’s just big (15 pounds)

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Barbara: I think I have the right flavor name for my ice cream treat, but I'll go back to the ice cream store to be sure. I believe my treat is called Coffee Almond Fudge. I'll let you know Monday or Tuesday if all goes well. :bigsmile:

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    exermom wrote: »
    Vince doesn’t think we’ll be able to see PJ in Sept. Anne – how is DE? My heart is aching to see him. Maybe they’ll come down for Christmas if we can't go up

Katla – I guess I’m a real true baby boomer. It was so very hard for me when we had the lockdown. Still is hard for me to be limited in where I can go, but I’m getting used to it

Tracey – we have this one plant, I have no idea what it is, all I know is that it’s something green. A friend (she’s a master gardener) asked me what it was and I just told her “I have no idea, it’s green”. I need to get a sign that says “something green”. Thanks for the idea. I wonder where I can get a sign made?

Debbie – check out Sierra Pet Meds.com. 12 doses plus 2 free is $116 it looks like

Debbie CA - All of our cats are on a weight management cat food because of Loki. He isn’t really overweight, even the vet says so, he’s just big (15 pounds)

Michele NC

we have a big boy cat too- Umaku was about 18-19 last time I weighed him- He did loose a little but back up.
    dfv24diitju6.png

All are formerly feral cats. Never planned on having 7 in the house, just happened. The last one which has been around for years and we have her two young was brought in side after a neighbor threatened to catch her and our one outside cat and take them to the shelter- He knows they are ours but doesn't care- doesn't want cats in his perfect yard.

I will check and see what he pays/where he gets it.

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    03z8l4kxjvtu.jpg
    👍💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    dsy64mdfmzw7.jpg
    Son has been working on his scooters!
    💖Rebecca
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Thanks Barbie for a new month. I need to get back to weight loss. Since I lost sense of taste, it is difficult to diet. We just eat whatever we have.
    Pip- love the picture of Kirby on his last day
    Good luck with your retirement
    SueBDew in TX
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 847 Member
    Flea treatment for cats: a former coworker had several cats and she would buy (and her vet would sell it to her) the dog treatment. They are much larger for not a huge price increase. She used a dropper of some sort to measure out the correct dosage and did 7 or 8 cats with one dog treatment. Just a thought..... as Lisa would say, this info could be worth exactly what you paid for it! 😉
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island