Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    Keri
    67 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1: 263.6
    3/1: 261.8
    4/1: 258
    5/1:254
    Lowest May weight: 251.4
    6/1:254
    6/30 251.6
    July 1 SW:250.4
    CW: 249 (7/29)
    8/1: 249.2

1st GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    2nd GW: 150 lbs. Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

Aug Goal weight: 244

My Aug Goals are:
    1. Continue to log, get enough sleep and water intake and stay under calorie goal with healthy meals at home.
    2. Get some exercise 5-6 days a week and up NEAT. Try to exceed 150 min. of exercise/week. Now that I have my Zip I will see what steps I am getting and then set a goal each week to up it.
    3. I want to get well in the mid to low 240s and not see any weight in the 250s again. I am close to 20 lbs loss.
    4. My goal is to declutter my house starting with my art room. This should help with goal #2.
    August will be a time of reevaluating and transitioning. My plans to work until 70 have been given a significant hit with being laid off. I will do a job search but it will be for a safe rewarding job and I am not going to let this waylay my efforts to lose weight and get fit and healthy.
    @RavenStCloud Thank you!!!! 🌻

I put in todays weight.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @eliezalot :D - I was going to ask what kind of wine you would recommend. We did open the Caymus. It was amazing. I had a 1200 calorie dinner. I'm so full!!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,159 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    @eliezalot :D - I was going to ask what kind of wine you would recommend. We did open the Caymus. It was amazing. I had a 1200 calorie dinner. I'm so full!!

So glad you enjoyed it and with the full support of everyone on here! Happy anniversary
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Alison
    53 years old
    5'9''

Starting Weight: 238
    Lowest Weight: 130

8/2 236.5
    8/7:
    8/14:
    8/21:
    8/28:

GW for August 31st: 230

updating for Sunday weigh in.
  • In the week ahead I intend to keep moving from unpacking and settling in to being settled and doing the necessary maintenance on the house. It doesn't help that it's raining and I have traumatic arthritis in my feet and ankles, but this is why I have medication. And I'll pace myself and get through it.

Here's the food that we are planning for the week ahead. As always, if you want a recipe or want to know how I meal plan, message me.

Monday: Lunch: chicken and jalapeno quesadillas.
    Dinner: Out to the local diner with my sons.
    Tuesday: Lunch: Hamburgers, chips, and pickles.
    Dinner: Sweet-and-sour shrimp with steamed broccoli and white rice/cauliflower rice.
    Wednesday: Lunch: Black bean stew with pork garnish, sour cream and pico. Cornbread muffin.
    Dinner: Swiss steak, white rice, green beans with bacon drippings and pepper, homemade rolls.
    Thursday: Lunch:Pulled pork with barbecue sauce in either wraps or sandwiches, with chips and pickles.
    Dinner: rotini pasta with bolognese sauce, pan-seared zucchini chunks, and garlic bread.
    Friday: Lunch: Leftover cleanup or chicken fingers with choice of dipping sauce.
    Dinner: Beef and Bean burritoes to order, with rice and beans and salad.
    Saturday: Lunch: Hot Italian Beef sandwiches.
    Dinner: Curried chicken with spinach and cashew nuts. white rice/cauli rice, naan.
    Sunday: Lunch: Mexican-style wraps to order, chips.
    Dinner: Eggs and sausages and potatoes and toast. (Breakfast for dinner)

Breakfasts are always quichecake for him and an English muffin for me with butter and jam. He is finishing off a sausage, spinach, and onion quichecake and is moving on to one that has diced ham, onions, and multiple colors of sweet peppers in it.

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    @lovinlilly Happy Birthday!

We had a social distancing meet up with some good friends. 1st we went for a walk in this forested park and then we sat down to talk and had take out lunch. We were wrapping up when a man who was drunk and probably with other problems came up and started swearing abusively at me. He said he hated white people and I pointed out we weren't all white. He was getting too close for being safe during the pandemic although he had a mask, then he asked for money and even my camping chair. Then as we started to leave he threatened to damage our cars if we didn't give him $10. If he had just asked for help we would have given it to him. He was getting really close and verbally abusive to me so my husband had to get between us. Anyway we had to call 911 which was scary too. The police came and he ran away into the woods. Glad no one got hurt. Hope he gets help and others aren't threatened by him. We felt he needed a social worker more than the police. But they were cool. I told my daughter later there was no way I was giving him my chair. It took me 10 years of family camping trips to finally get this one that isn't so hard to get out of and has a side table although it is the cheaper version of those types of chairs. ;) You never know what life in a pandemic will bring.

@KeriA that's so sad and scary! As a side note, I was shopping for camping chairs yesterday. I've got a little swim spot by the Guadalupe River with my book and my dog, taking dips in the cool river, and it would be bliss except for my incredibly UNCOMFORTABLE camp chair - it has no arms and kinda forces you to sit forward. It sucks! And then I happen to see this woman a ways away and she had a rocking camp chair. I have never been so jealous. So that started me off on my search. I even ordered the Bass Pro Camp Rocker but after a week they said they were canceling the order bc it's out of stock. Anyway! Could you recommend the chair you like?

• MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @bluffgirl67 So nice to see you post again! You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Kind of a bummer about losing your streak here. I admire your determination to use that smaller number as motivation to keep making forward progress. Good luck!
  • Hey everyone! I'm jumping on board again. I lost 12lbs then lost my motivation and kinda fell off the wagon. I stopper logging as regularly as I had been and I stopped working out. I stopped working out mainly because I have plantar fasciitis in both feet, but my right foot has been giving me the most pain and even just my day to day stuff (working) is becoming painful. Luckily I have managed to only gain a little bit back. I was 215 when I started and got down to 203.8.

SW: 215
    CW 206.2
    GW: 150 (then reevaluate. BMI says 101 to 139 at 5'2" but I can't remember the last time I was that size (teens maybe), so for right now 150 sounds good.

7/31: 206.2
    8/5:
    8/12:
    8/19:
    8/26:
    8/31:

Aug. GW: 195
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    Not sure if there are other Hamiltonphiles here but I found this workout on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/RjeLjkwmc4s

• orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,159 Member
    Age 51
    Highest weight 105.5kg (aug 2018)
    Lowest weight 94.7kg (march 2020)
    Goal weight 80kg
    start weight 102 kg start of month
    Goal weight 98 kg end of month
    wk 1 - 99.7kg

Basic plan

💛 To plan my meals in advance for the week wk 1 - yes!!

💛 To keep snacks under 25% of cals wk 1- 20%!! yes!!

💛 To keep average for the week under 2000 cals gross wk 1 - 1752!! yes!!

In addition to the basic plan, this month I aim to do more of

🌻 16:8 - intermittent fasting

🌻 mediterranean eating

🌻 using non food ways to manage my emotions
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    @bluffgirl67 I have been logging here daily since January 2013. Several years ago I lost my streak when we went
    camping and didn’t have wifi for a few days. I think I went to tech help and told them about it and they put me back to the original number. However, I missed a day for the same reason a second time and decided to just not worry about and didn’t try to start over again. Just a thought, you could try asking the help desk about it if you don’t want to start over.