When you're the only one in your house trying to lose weight...

2»

Replies

• saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

But yes, OP, sorry for getting off the track here. :blush: Some days we are the ones who need to give ourselves a pat on the back for what we've accomplished; that feeling of satisfaction has to come from us. It'd be nice if our SO's stepped up for that but sometimes.....they just don't. :( They're a different person, different thought processes, cannot read our minds, etc., etc. You know the whole thing about Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. :) As my dh always tells me, "he's just a man".

You're not off track at all! This is a thread for those of us doing it alone who have challenges with it! I appreciate your thoughts, and for what it's worth, Reenie and @Onedaywriter, snacks in the house are my kryptonite as well! I have a tween. Who loves snacks. So, yeah!

• saltysparkle
    It is infuriating and I basically have to tune it out because every discussion I have tried to have regarding it has not been favorably met and has not yielded any results.

That sounds really hard, and you sound really strong! You are one of my new real-life inspirations, and I need those, so thank you for sharing this.

• saltysparkle
    @Saskatchebun, that sounds like a really good balance. I smiled when I saw he even weighs your food for you! That's very sweet.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    I want to eat more than I should or quit, I remind myself that if I do that, I prove him right. I want him to be wrong so I can, childishly, say I told you so!

My daughter calls this “revenge body.” It seems to be working for her.
  • saltysparkle
    My husband says that I will quit again because I always quit. I NEED to prove him wrong.

He has a much faster metabolism than I do and almost never becomes overweight no matter what he eats. It’s very irritating because he doesn’t understand how much I struggle with weight loss.

Everytime I want to eat more than I should or quit, I remind myself that if I do that, I prove him right. I want him to be wrong so I can, childishly, say I told you so!

Let's not quit, together! Feel free to add me as an accountability-buddy.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    My husband says that I will quit again because I always quit.

WOW. This is a douche comment for sure.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    My husband says that I will quit again because I always quit.

WOW. This is a douche comment for sure.

To be fair, he isn’t wrong. And he was a psych major who has known me for over 25 years, SO he might have done it intentionally to help motivate me as he knows that I REALLY enjoy proving him wrong.

Either way, I prefer to think that’s what he did rather than that he was just being a douche. 😛