"Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom " Group 7

Options

Replies

• tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!! Hope you all have fun plans for the holiday weekend!! Looks like our group had a good week...way to go girls!! Keep it up!! I was 157.6 lbs. this morning, so down 1.4 from last Friday!! Pretty happy with that considering it's been a week with TOM, back pain, and no exercise. That brings me to a total of 11.4 lost since starting Hot Moms!! I also took my measurements this morning to update how I am doing. My last measurements were taken a month ago on 8/2. In the past month, I have lost a total of 6.75 inches!! -1.25 off bust, -1.5 off waist, -2 off hips, -.25 from upper arm, -.75 from thigh, -.25 off calf, and -.75 from neck...still a way to go, but making positive progress!! My back is still tight today, so still taking muscle relaxers and taking it easy. I have a chiropractor appointment this afternoon, so hoping an adjustment will put things back in place and get me feeling better again. I want to enjoy the long weekend and get my butt outside and moving again. I guess it is a good sign that I am actually missing my workouts and looking forward to doing them again. :) Hope you are all having a great day!! Take care!! Tammy
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I was 157.6 lbs. this morning, so down 1.4 from last Friday!! Pretty happy with that considering it's been a week with TOM, back pain, and no exercise. That brings me to a total of 11.4 lost since starting Hot Moms!! I also took my measurements this morning to update how I am doing. My last measurements were taken a month ago on 8/2. In the past month, I have lost a total of 6.75 inches!! -1.25 off bust, -1.5 off waist, -2 off hips, -.25 from upper arm, -.75 from thigh, -.25 off calf, and -.75 from neck..
    What awesome losses! I hope your back starts feeling better soon. I need to make my own trip to the chiro...I know my neck is out of whack ( frequent headaches), and my hips are always in need of some help! :tongue:
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    good job ladies on the losses. We have one more park day tom and then we fly home on Sunday. Next week gets back to normal with school starting up for the kids. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • amers55
    Options
    thanks everyone for the bday wishes!!!!! eating bad for 1 day really screwed me up. no weight loss, just stayed the same! can i please change my gw to 130?
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Quiet day yesturday. Just chillaxed, went for a drive, had some drinks, endulged in fried chicken and watched 8 episodes of season 2 of Glee. Don't track on Saturdays so will start again today. Going to work on books today, and it seems like it is going to be a nice do, so may take the kids for a walk later in the day.
  • tamcrit
    Options
    Hope you are all having a great weekend!! I went to the chiropractor Friday and my back is finally feeling better today!! My youngest daughter has been playing in a soccer tournament all weekend, so that consumed yesterday, and we are back to the field today. She scored yesterday and her team won one game and tied one...they are currently in first place!! They have another game this afternoon, but will play in the championship game this evening regardless, so will be another long, hot day on the field...but it's fun to watch and she LOVES soccer. I am doing well with food so far for the weekend. We even went out to dinner last night, for the last of our family birthday celebrations. We went Italian, but I was good...no bread, salad with balsamic vinegar, and only ate half of my 1/2 order of spaghetti with marinara...so not too bad...I did have two glasses of red wine, but was still at my calorie count for the day. Since my back is feeling better, I am looking forward to doing a workout or run tomorrow, and then just having a relaxing day, before back to routine on Tuesday. I signed up for my next half marathon, which will be on Nov. 13...staying signed up for an upcoming race helps to keep me training, otherwise it is too easy to stay on the couch...lol!! Well, gotta get to the soccer field...make it a great day everyone!! Tammy
  • tamcrit
    Options
    Hi All - I hope that the inactivity means that everyone was out enjoying the holiday weekend and having some fun family time (and a little personal time too)!! I had a great weekend, once my back improved. My daughter's soccer tournament was great!! On Saturday, she scored one of the goals...they tied one game and won the other. Sunday morning they tied another game, but finished in second place and advanced to the Championship game Sunday evening. They won the Championship game 2-0 and my daughter scored BOTH of the goals!! She was thrilled and we are very proud of her!! It was a lot of fun to watch the girls playing so well and really working hard and competitive...proud momma moment!! I also did very well with food and made it through another weekend with a LOSS!! I am down 1.4 from last Friday!! I have been doing well with making good choices, and controlling portion sizes when I have a little indulgence. I also had no alcohol over the weekend, with the exception of two glasses of red wine and a glass of champagne (and I made them fit within my calories)...I am sure that is a big part of it...staying away from beer has been a good thing for the waistline!! Well, I better get to work...hope you are all doing well!! Take care, Tammy
  • Babbe
    Options
    Congrats Tammy on the great mommy moment

Today was my oldest first day of kindergarten, and my youngest preschool orientation. I am co-president of the preschool PTO so I was at the school all day. Riley had so much fun at school and she was so excited that there was chocolate milk at school. Well still really tired from vacation and getting into a new school routine. Hoping to get back to the gym on Thursday. Have to go shopping tom for school stuff. Keeping within my cals for this past week. I am going to start EA Sports again tom. missed the 30 day challenge by 5 days(vacation).

Sarah
  • renaegry
    Options
    Had a good day today. Was up at 6:15 and did the 5km walk/job around town. Took approx 37 minutes and burned 440ish cals.

Sarah - what EA Sports is that. I am looking for some good ideas for wii games for christmas for myself. I have wii fit plus, and wii resort, and wii sports. But really don't find you get much of a burn off of those, with maybe the exception of wii fit plus.

Can't believe the wonderful weather we are having here in Saskatchewan. Swathing is just about done, and harvest should be starting either tomorrow or Friday. Time for the hectic busy schedules.

My son is loving Grade 1, and so far enjoys going to school everyday.

I am slowly starting to get caught up on my books.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I hope to at least see the scale stay the same or go down abit. A little scared that the weigh in on Friday was a fluke. Up a pound day from Friday but still a few day left.
  • curlyjayne
    Options
    Hi all
    been away for a few days, put on 1 lb.
    my goal for this week is to lose the 1 lb and another 1 lb as well
    xxx
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! Sorry I've been so MIA but I'm in Vegas at a conference and I am in meetings from 7a until 6p and then just want to spend time with the family before I crash. I FINALLY got our chart together for last week, so here it is:

2LGRn.png

Don't forget weigh in for next week starts Friday. I'll be much better about getting our chart posted earlier next week once I'm back home and back to normal life. Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Oops--Amy--I forgot to change your goal weight to 130, but it will be correct on our next chart. :)
  • helena98
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, Week 7 (9/5)

Hello, Hot Moms!! Check out the weekly stats below.

RtiTg.png

Here's a quick summary of the past 7 weeks.

PC8ns.png

After 7 weeks, we have a solid number of moms checking in.

Did any of you realize that we crossed the quarter mark on August 29th? We are more than 25% through this challenge!! The time is flying fast! In order to reach our goal weights, we need to remember that EVERY DAY counts. Right now, there are 115 days left in this challenge. Let’s keep moving and losing!

Next week, on our 8-week mark, I’ll run another individual assessment to see how many members are on track to reach their December 31st goal weights.

Have a great week, Hot Moms!!

GROUP 1:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294382--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-1-closed-group

GROUP 2:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294130-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-2-closed-thread

GROUP 3:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/318548-rambling-random-hot-moms-closed

GROUP 4:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294495-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mama-group-4-closed-group

GROUPS 5 & 6 – Discontinued. Active members of Group 5 moved to Group 7.

GROUP 7:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293681--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-7

GROUP 8:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293856-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-8-closed-thread

GROUP 9:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293799-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-9-closed-group

GROUP 10:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299782-hot-mom-closed-group-mommies-in-control
  • Cherilea
    Options
    WOW!! Great job everybody!
  • Babbe
    Options
    Renae I have EA Sports the original one. I get a good burn an average of 95-100 cals in 15-20 mins. My mom and sister have EA Sports 2 and they get a great burn as well. I am looking to get the second one.

I went to the dr yesterday and for the drs scale i am looking good the week. I am hoping for a loss even thought I was on vacation last week. Haven't started EA Sports yet but I do plan to go to the gym tom. I am starting to get into a routine with the kids going to school.

Riley loves going to kindergarten all day and Ava is have fun in half day preschool.
  • Cherilea
    Options
    ~ WEIGH IN - 9-9-11 ~

I lost .04 lbs. and now weigh 156.8. That is a total of 9.6 lbs lost since joining Hot Moms.

Quite honestly, Im even surprised I lost ! Since going back to work this week, my whole routine has been chucked out the window and Im still trying to adapt. So even though .04 doesn't sound like much...it's was a nice surprise this morning! :smile:
  • renaegry
    Options
    Weigh in today surprised me. I thought that 2 pounds last week was a fluke, but I kept it off. The sad news is I never lost any more. So weight this week is the same 152.

We are in full swing of harvest, and I am busy doing books everday trying to get caught up from losing all my files. It has been really hot here this week 30C, which is 10C higher then normal, so that is a nice start to Sept.

Hope everyone has a good week, I know ours will be busy with harvest and such.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 148.0 so I lost .8 this week. the scale is moving in the right direction. So I'm very happy! Since March I have lost 28 pounds:) 4 pounds gone since starting Hot Moms. My weight loss has been slow but that's fine with me.:happy:
  • Babbe
    Options
    My weigh in this week was 1.3 loss. I am very happy with that with vacation last week. So my weight is 145.3. Getting back on track today starting EA Sports this afternoon.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow... I seriously thought I'd be back in the game this week, but had a total W...T...F... experience this week.

As of today, I'm up 4.4lbs from last week. :noway: :sad: Reasoning is as follows...

1.) No, I can't blame ToM, I just finished ovulating in fact.
    2.) My net cals/day was 1950 until 9/2, because I was stalling, I bumped up to 2100 net/day, it has always worked before.
    3.) A week at 150 net cals/day = 1,050 extra calories total that I probably desperately needed as I began hitting the gym every other day again.
    4.) My master-trainer pro-figure-competitor said I actually should be working towards 2400+ net/day to stop clinging to what little fat I have left. I calipered in at 19.37% last week (after sitting on my butt for 17 days after surgery). 2 weeks before my operation I was at 18.95%. I actually lost 3-4mm off my abdominal skinfold caliper measurement.
    5.) Even if I didn't need the extra 150 net cals/day, that 1,050 cals total for the week would've translated to only 1/3 of a pound of true weight gain.
    6.) I would have needed to OVEREAT by 15,400 net cals for the week or 2,200/day to gain that 4.4lbs legitimately, yeah right.
    7.) My Spironolactone script ran out mid-week. It's a pill used to flush sodium & water to treat edema patients but I take it off-label for clearing my skin. I've been back on it since yesterday and already lost 1lb overnight.
    8.) I totally slacked off on my H2O intake since I've resumed my daily activities a week and a half ago :( I got in 64oz yesterday and am working back up to the 96-128oz/per day I was drinking when I was dropping weight successfully.

So between my script running out and slacking off on water intake WHILE resuming weight training at the gym (post-workout muscles hold water that my script normally mitigates) I created the perfect storm of water-weight gain EXPLOSION and totally screwed myself out of being able to jump back in this week. I'm so :mad: at myself!

The good news is that I at least could pinpoint what happened, I didn't freak out and further sabotage myself by restricting my calories. Oh, and I just plunked down a small fortune on 10 personal training sessions so I can get back to doing everything at the gym I was doing pre-op and then some :)