BUFFETS! Love em or hate em?

Options

Replies

• MissFe79
    Options
    I don't care for them at all...mainly, because I get grossed out everytime I think of all the people who have touched the serving spoons. Since, I am constantly using my antibacterial, I can't enjoy the meal. If I have to go, I usually get up one time for food and maybe dessert.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    We typically don't go because they are "the devil" in my eyes with all that food! However, we made an exception and will be going this coming Sunday to a local hotel for brunch as a celebration for my husband's promotion... only one mimosa, only one mimosa...
  • jennyrider
    Options
    Hate! But for me, it's a food safety & other people's germs issue. LOL Buffets just kind of gross me out.
    [/quot
    I'm with u on this one!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Depends on the buffet. Sushi buffet love. Old Country buffet hate. All you can eat LOBSTER, adore. I ate 7 whole lobsters at one sitting for $25
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My love of buffets is half of my problem. I'd like to try going to one again some time just to have little tastes of everything. We'll see how it goes.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love them because you can eat how much you want and only pay like 20$.
    But you gotta admit most of the food is bad quality, especially in american buffets, BUT if your talking about Indain buffets, I'm in!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I love them!
    I have a dream to get myself kicked out of one sometime on a Spike Day.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hate 'em! I've only been to a buffet a few times since calorie counting and for one, it's hard to estimate what calories are in what...two, everything ends up tasting a lot worse than I remember and then it's even HARDER to calculate, and three, I end up leaving hungry and eating SO many calories for that day.
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I hate them!

1. I don't like the idea of how many people have touched the serving spoons with their dirty hands (I really hate it when the handle is lying in the food).
    2. I don't like the idea of all kinds of people breathing around the food.
    3. The food often seems like its been out too long.
    4. I think the food is usually subpar - usually not good quality and usually not made very well.
    5. I don't eat much at them - just sample a few things - and the calories still add up way to quickly.

I did go to a buffet/brunch at the Four Seasons in Houston, and I seem to remember that that one was actually quite good though.
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i'm fine with Buffets because if i know what i want, that's what i put on my plate and i tend to be pretty good.

what i hate are banquets. you go to a restaurant and think that the banquet is such a great deal because you're starving but the food just keeps coming and you eat and it you get full and it hurts. =(
  • cervenec
    Options
    Hate hate hate buffets. No idea what's in the food, hard to estimate serving sizes, and the food is not being put into an environment I'm comfortable with all the time. I'd rather pay more (or less, usually) for exactly what I want.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Haven't been to one since April. Don't plan to ever enter one again.
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    I love the indian and chinese buffets in my neighborhood. My problem is I love them too much.
    It's really hard to not just keep going back for more, especially the cheesy naan bread since I haven't found any that good anywhere else so if we're going I tend to gorge on the stuff.
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: If friends wanted to go out for dinner for an all you can eat buffet I would go along if no other option as for me they are a waste of time. I cannot eat alot in one sitting. I eat a minium of 6 times a day and the size of the meals are never massive. If it was a free buffet then thats ok cos I would only be eating a small amount anyway. When you are paying for the 'all you can eat' style buffets I alway feel like I am paying for way more than I would actually eat. :wink:

I think they are great for kids that burn of tons of calories during the day in the holidays etc (as long as they are choosing the right type of food from the buffet of course). Great value for money if you have starving hungry growing boys/girls.
  • december8teen
    Options
    Hate them. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. :p
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I found a half pair of dentures at sizzlers salad bar ...never again

OMG...I knew I had left them somwhere!!!

LMAO!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • L8yPictureShow
    Options
    Hate em. They gross me out. Who knows who sneezed on what or touched what. Yuck
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Love the variety, but as hard as I try not to, I always overeat. There are just too many things that I like, especially the desserts.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Depends on the buffet. I hate Old Country buffet. I love Indian Food buffets because they offer a lot of good food choices. There is a place close to where I work that has a buffet lunch for around $7. I head t the Mongolian Grill part and load up on veggies and chicken and some beef, watch them grill it and eat a veggie heavy lunch. I also pick up some of the sushi. I will sneak a little of the other stuff, but mostly it is the kind of food I want to eat to be healthy. I totally stay away from the desserts and I drink unsweetened tea or water.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hate em. For some reason I seem to think that I have to have some of everything.