Welcome New Members!

Replies

• Spunkylolly
    Spunkylolly Posts: 2 Member
    I live in Norwich UK, started over too on 1/8/20. I have 10 stone to loose yikes, before my spinal issues lost 3stone but put it back on due to being inactive. Need more friends please and thank you.Tired of constantly falling off my healthy routine. Just want to stick to it and be healthy!
  • pandry15
    pandry15 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello all - joined MFP to track my low carb eating. I finally saw the dreaded 3 on the scale when weighing myself after a few months of denial (we know what that 3 means right? 300.4... yikes!). Working at home during COVID (5 feet from the fridge) made it easier to be lazy and eat the wrong things all day, I estimate that I put on about 20 pounds. I had enough when going for my walks I noticed my left thigh getting numb plus I was tired from literally doing nothing but sitting most of the day.

I had bloodwork done. Back in the pre-diabetes range. Did some research, read about low carb diets doing wonders for insulin resistance and have been following the diet for 4 weeks now (along with exercise). 4 week weigh-in was today (I weigh myself only once per week): 276.8! My goal is 215 (which might be high for 5'10" but I have one of those big frames, I'll see at 215 if I want to lose more..). Oh, and all my glucose readings are normal!

Anyway I am inspired by many of the stories I have read here so far. The MFP app is great to keep my eating on track. I am never hungry eating low carbs, my cravings for the "bad food" is all in my head but I have so far been able to focus on health and ignore that voice that says "one slice of pizza won't hurt you!". I knew a few people who lost a lot of weight only to put it back on, they admitted that having no plan once they got to their goal was a big problem with gaining the weight back. So I have a plan that includes keeping my current diet with some carbs added back in once I'm at my goal. Also keep the weekly weigh in for life - the scale will tell me if and when I need to adjust. Keep up the good work everyone and I'm glad to be here!
  • kmontane4
    kmontane4 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I have been a member for a while but this is my first time being brave enough to join the community. I am looking forward to sharing experiences with everyone!!!
  • leisa6776
    leisa6776 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello ! I have been off here for awhile. I joined ww awhile ago and really am getting no where's with it, So here I am again. So ready to get healthy and start feeling better. If anyone ha any ideas about cutting back breads etc please I will take any advice. I notice I get really stiff and sore if I eat to many.
  • yvonnemhansen
    yvonnemhansen Posts: 8 Member
    Hello, I just turned 40 and now that I am done having babies, and finally recovered from weaning and post-partum I feel like it's time to focus on being a healthier mom. I have to lose over 100 pounds so if there is anyone out there in a similar boat please friend me I could use the motivation.
  • Bayhota
    Bayhota Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! Time to get in shape, other than round. Like most, over the years you loose motivation, until one day you stop and look in the mirror and comment to yourself, “What in the world am I doing to myself?”.

Anyway, I am new here looking for like minded people whom are tired of being who they are, physically, and want to make a change. I am hoping to find someone to keep me focused and accountable. I have always found it easier to have workout partners to motivate and keep each other on track.

If you are looking for a friend with the same mindset give me a shout.
  • catehunter13
    catehunter13 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! I am SO excited to be back at it! Years back I was very successful with calorie counting and jogging - I hope to have similar success this time around as well, subbing in stroller walks with my 8 month old daughter! Here we go!
  • seantheking1987
    seantheking1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey guys, i'm not entirely new, had an account years ago but it seems to have gotten deleted due to inactivity or else i just forgot the details :)

Not sure how much I have left to lose, i'm 234lbs, down from 267 at the turn of the year and, aiming for about 210 (im tall and stocky) and see how I look and feel from there. Love seeing peoples progress so feel free to send me a friend request, i I update every day
  • Peter_P53
    Peter_P53 Posts: 20 Member
    Returning sinner, after putting back most of the weight I had lost on a previous visit 🙄. I've reset my goal and start weight and hoping that the previous success I had can be repeated.
  • Saab_2020
    Saab_2020 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me ... Going to try to stick with it this time. I need to control my snacking .... the more i excercise the hungrier I get .. .. will try to balance the seesaw better this time
  • Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    Hello Guys, started again after a year or so.. gained lot of wt in lockdown.. so looking for all your support and ready to give support to whoever want it
  • Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    This is very common problem of regaining the lost weight and should find some very good solution to it
  • AprilEchols30
    AprilEchols30 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello everyone my goal is to get down to a healthy weight 155 and have a overall healthier life.
  • thebiblewithtina
    thebiblewithtina Posts: 48 Member
    Rejoined MFP yesterday but I'm doing this for life this time. So help me God.
  • kerrgk28
    kerrgk28 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I've never really had an issue with my weight until i stopped smoking. Now 2 years down the line I just want to eat lol and ive put on a bit a weight. Now is the time to get moving and try and get back into shape. I've never been one to exercise much but started doing some in the house after work and now watching what I eat.
  • lv99hero
    lv99hero Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone, going to be really working toward this weight loss. I used to be 185, pretty strong, and since the quarantine, I've really put on weight. I'm now watching what I eat and finding creative workouts with resistance bands to exercise at home, and it's already showing progress. Hope you all achieve your goals too!
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    My account under user: cosafe1 has been deleted or hacked....

I lost all my friends and info I had been using up to a few days ago.

I am currently signed in with an old account and I keep asking MFP for help with no response over the past few days.

When I try to re-enter my info when I log in as cosafe1 I enter all my info all over again, then it won't let me use my OWN USER NAME OF COSAFE1 IT SAYS IT IS ALREADY TAKEN!!!!!

ALL MY INFO I HAVE BEEN USING HAS BECOME UNAVAILABLE TO ME!!

I have contacted MFP over and over and over and over and over .... to no avail. I know there was a bug they say has been fixed but ALL MY INFO IS GONE!!!

I AM SO FRUSTRATED BY THIS!!! There is no answer from MFP!!!!
  • ChrisMalouf55
    ChrisMalouf55 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone! MFP is a great app and has worked great with my watch and Endomondo workout tracker.
  • Katelookingreat
    Katelookingreat Posts: 10 Member
    Hey All!

I joined the app about a week ago and am enjoying it so far. Grad school was not kind to my waistline, so I’m looking to lose 20 lbs that I gained in Grad school ( I actually gained 40 lbs, but I want to start realistically.)

My diet could be healthier and I want to stay working out 2-4 times a week. Hoping to find some friends here to cheer each other on and help stay healthy. I’ve had a strong start, but I want to have sustained weight loss through being healthier. Can’t wait to meet you!
  • audreymarcella
    audreymarcella Posts: 1 Member
    I have been very inconsistent and never made my journey public. But this time I wanted to do things differently and get out of my shell so I am on this journey to lose 20lbs and reduce sugar so I can get healthier. So hopefully I make some new accountability friends :smile: