Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Options

Replies

• suzr84
    suzr84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m new here so I’d like to introduce myself and give a little background so I’m not a stranger :)

My name is Cate (Caitlin, not Catherine if you’re interested 😊) she/her pronouns, I’m 34, married and I’m a first time mom to a beautiful 7 month old girl named Logan. Her dad and I met at Logan airport in Boston when we were 19, So to say I’m obsessed with her name would be an understatement 🥰 I’m a special education teacher in CA, originally from MA.

Years ago I tried MFP when I was living with my parents after college and I lost 30 lbs, getting me to about 155 (my lowest adult weight - go me!!) My weight has fluctuated over the years, but I’ve stayed around 185-220 for the last 6. The day I learned I was pregnant I weighed 208. I was super healthy during my pregnancy, and a week after I gave birth I was down to 185 (a VERY pleasant surprise!) This didn’t last very long, and then COVID hit, and I got up to 223. Not fun.

Hi!

Almost the same situation but my little guy is 15 months old. It completely sucks to know that I had essentially lost the weight gained during pregnancy only to have gained it back plus some in his first year of life. We're hoping to try for another one at some point, so I'm trying to shed some pounds before we go back down that path. If we're blessed enough to have another kid, I'm not gonna let history repeat itself! We got this!

I'm in the same situation as you guys too! I lost weight after my 8 month old was born and then put it back on in the months following her birth. I did the same with my 4 year old and never really lost it so feel doubly big at the moment!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It sucks! But we can do it @suzr84
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    suzr84 wrote: »
    @CupcakeCrusoe That's awesome! Well done. It really does make a difference when you look at the whole picture. I really need to remind myself to do this.

For the last two mornings I've been waiting until 10am to have breakfast (although I do have coffee first thing - which has been 5am the last two mornings with the baby) and it has actually made me feel less hungry! I'm so far finding that my 10am craving for something sweet hasn't happened because I'm having breakfast and a bit of fruit instead. Hoping it continues!

I do something similar. I'm up at 4 for work, and I drink coffee, then wait until 8 to eat breakfast, starting my IF period from 8am-4pm. It does really help with things, for me.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 228.9 on 6/1/2020
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 180
    6/1– 228.9
    6/4– 227.9
    6/9– 226.7
    6/14-225.3
    6/22-225.0
    6/28-224.2
    7/2– 223.3
    7/6– 223.2
    7/13– 221.6
    7/20–218.4
    7/26–217.7
    8/9—218.1

Total weight lost: 10.8 pounds ☀️

This week’s successes: Logging. 🥰 Spending time with family. Switching to salads for lunch.
    Consistently walking my dog Roxie for 15 minutes each day. Great days are 2x a day.

This week's challenges: 1 week from today my son moves into college to start his sophomore year. 🙂🙃😳😩🙂

Happy Sunday friends!

Jill

This steady downward trend is so inspiring! Well done!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Height: 5'7”
    Starting weight: 296 (1/1/20)
    Goal weight 160
    8/5:255
    8/12: 256

I've spent the last week bouncing between 255 and 257. I do this, so I'm not worried. At some point I'll get on the scale later in the month and suddenly see 252, I'll probably slide down around 248, and hold there another month.

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Oof, I have some catching up to do on everyone's updates!

I'm still stuck around 201 lbs, which is fine, but annoying. My best friend/former roommate came over on Sunday who I haven't seen for at least a month. It was so much fun, but I ate waaay more than I had planned to. Brunch, cake, pizza, more cake... Definitely ate over maintenance. As a one-off thing it doesn't worry me, but after doing something similar a week or two ago, I'm just aware of how frequent this feels. Monday, I ended up eating leftovers. They were delicious, but I was left feeling ravenous. Carbs make me so hungry! I ended up blowing most of my daily calories before noon (mmm cake and pizza breakfast), so decided to just stick to maintenance so I could eat a decent and protein-focused dinner.

I'm going to really focus this week on pre-logging my calories as much as possible every day, and limiting snacking. I did okay with that yesterday - small breakfast, leftover smoked pork for lunch, carne asada for dinner, and enough room for a solid portion of ice cream for dessert. Today will also be a small breakfast, probably the last of the leftover pork for lunch, and maybe leftover carne asada quesadillas for dinner. That still leaves room for a snack or dessert, too. I'll figure out this hunger one way or another!
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Back to weigh-in Wednesdays, even though this makes it a short week:

49 years old; 5'6"
    SW: 236.4 (9/8/19)
    7/31: 191.6
    8/7: 189.5
    8/12: 188.3

My focus this month has been on stress management rather than a weight goal:
    1. Mediation - I took my TM meditation class two weeks ago. I like the practice (although I have not hit transcendence) and they recommend 20 minutes, twice a day. Right now I am mediating about once a day. I need to make sure I prioritize these.
    2. Walking - I will start walking in the mornings, for at least 30 minutes. I need to start this. Hard one for some reason. I am also considering 10 minute walks three times a day to break up sitting at my desk.
    3. Bedtime - I will be in bed by 10 pm, so I can settle down and get decent sleep (and eliminate excuses for the morning walking). About 50/50. Sleep is better since they announced that school will begin virtually. But I need to get to bed earlier so that if I wake up and can't get back to sleep I will get enough rest.
    4. Journal - I will journal in some form to let go of the day and identify what I can and cannot control. I have been working on this one. I have a page where I listed all of my worries and then a new page for each one, the facts around it, what I can do to address it and facts I can take comfort in. We also started working on a COVID plan if my son, my husband or myself are exposed or test positive given my risk factors and that has been helpful.
    5. Intermittent fasting - I am doing better in the mornings, but I need to end my evening eating window and the treats that come during that time.

The past few weeks have been a roller coaster for me, with decisions about in-person school, blood test results (high lipoprotein (a)), and doctor recommendations that I be very careful about COVID exposure because of that.

I had an appointment with my doctor and she advised against in-person school. We had considered a plan where he would go in-person for a few weeks so he could be oriented and meet the teacher and then go virtual; we would either wear masks at home or I would move to my parents temporarily. Then, Monday evening, we were told the school will be virtual through the end of September. Since he will be oriented by then, our current plan is to have him attend virtually through the first quarter. I am not aware of other families taking this option and really hope he will not be the only one participating remotely and watching all of his classmates and teachers in the classroom. I have to remind myself that things are changing daily, starting in-person at the end of September is not guaranteed, and this is temporary. Missing a few months of in-person/weird school is not a big deal if he has healthy parents at the end of this.

I have also done some follow up on the lipoprotein(a) issue. I was supposed to have a heart scan this morning but the referral was not in the system and they sent me home. So hopefully I can get that test soon.

Our board approved our pay reductions were approved, so my compensation was cut 20 percent. I am happy to still have a job but I am questioning our original plan to hire a sitter to help my son with school so I could focus on work under these circumstances.

I am no longer on the free-for-all I was on for a few weeks, and that is helping. It is so nice to have the scale turn downward even though my calories are close to maintenance and I haven't done a great job with exercise/activity.