WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    I choose to be an adult quite often, but love being a bit of a brat from time to time 😈
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Off to bed. See y’all in my morning 😂

☘️ Terri
  • Li2love2life
    Li2love2life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Working on my next ten lbs loss. Have to step back and change my exercise routine because my Achilles tendon is irritated in one leg.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    jjj
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    One of our patio chairs came in, kirby put it together!
    u1d4ahkrj3cc.jpeg

They really are cool looking, just be careful not to sit on them when they are hot or you will surely burn you butt!!!

Debbie

Totally aware of that issue, I was from this weather.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    peaches from a neighbor this morning, simmering and soon to be jam this afternoon.
    Big one is plain peach- no sugar or anything added and the smaller is peach/pineapple/ginger- The house smells AMAZING!!!!
    aar0tunbfhq3.png

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Do you add pectin?
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    peaches from a neighbor this morning, simmering and soon to be jam this afternoon.
    Big one is plain peach- no sugar or anything added and the smaller is peach/pineapple/ginger- The house smells AMAZING!!!!
    aar0tunbfhq3.png

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Do you add pectin?

no, nothing added at all. I did add 2 T of honey to sweeten it just a tiny bit- nothing else. The nectarine jam I made from our nectarines was so sweet that it needed nothing at all- no sugar, no pectin, nothing- it was so good.

9wdrljd103wp.png

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) My big yarn order came today and I happily continuing to knit my blanket for Project Linus. I am fussy about brand, weight, and color of yarn so it pleases me to have found a place where I can order exactly what I want.

:) I have given some zucchini away but have eaten most of it myself.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Congrats on your yarn order! I’d love to learn more about project Linus. 🌈
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    My ex had a spinning wheel, so many of my projects were with handspun yarn. We used to buy fleece and dye it. I still have quite the yarn stash, mostly in amounts too small for a sweater. My parents keep the house too warm to wear wool so I hardly wear any anymore.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,837 Member
    Options
    Machka - happy Anniversary to your parents.

Lisa and Machka - Love the adult meme and comments. I wish I was a kid again sometimes.

Tracey in Edmonton

Thanks!

And my favourite decade was my 30s. Fun, exciting, freeing, adventurous ... :smiley:

My 40s weren't too bad either.

My 50s started well with a great first year. :neutral:

There's been a bit of talk about motivation. What motivated us to lose weight?

For me, it was this blue jacket. We had purchased these cycling jackets at a decent price but it must have been an end of season half-off sale or something. When I had gained enough I couldn't wear that jacket, I thought I'd just buy another one in a larger size, only then the price was much higher.

I figured I could save up the money ... or lose weight. So I lost weight.

seacd3yjgmcb.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Tracey : Enjoy your time off from work and the chance to spend time with your grands. Sounds like a rare treat. :star:

Machka : You look wonderful on your bike. I love the blue jacket. :bigsmile:

On motivation to lose weight—My decision to lose weight was caused by a horseback riding injury during a riding lesson several years ago. My teacher back then had me posting at a trot in the same direction for an hour long lesson. I went home in pain and ended up going to an orthopedic doctor. He said surgery was not an option & advised me to work on strengthening my leg. This was a permanent injury. Exercising and losing weight were my best options. He prescribed specific leg exercises and I did them daily. I also knew I needed to lose weight. I was more than forty pounds heavier then, maybe a bit more. Luckily, I stumbled into MFP just when I needed to change my eating habits and take off excess weight. I started taking yoga classes along with counting calories. Here I am, several years later. I'm lighter & stronger, with a permanently damaged left knee. I ride horses whenever I get the chance, and I don’t post at a trot. As soon as this Covid mess goes away, I'll be back in yoga classes, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I just want to clarify, :D they didn't sneak the biscuits, they openly defied an order not to take any more, as they had already had one each. It was their father who told them not to take any more as they are Johnny's special coffee break biscuits! :p They would not have done it if their mum was there, nor, probably, if they were alone with us. I think they were enjoying defying their poor, tired, frazzled father! And everyone was tired and hot and going home for bath and bed. They had warnings and countdown from 5, but carried on. Edie put the biscuit back whenever heard she had lost her tv privileges, but her father told her she had to eat it now because she had touched it. :p So it was more a battle of wills and disobedience. :laugh:
    Hot, long summer! Three children for six weeks in a record heatwave!
    Next week the au pair arrives from Spain, so they are quarantining with her for a while and will get her a test before they go out mixing again.
    Phew! Normally we would be able to help out . ........

MY DDIL is on Woman's Hour this morning! :D (long running BBC radio programme) She was preparing yesterday, so didn't come over. I will listen.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I was real tired yesterday.. as i didnt sleep well the night before.. so I was asleep by 6:30 last night and I slept until 1:30 and have been up since then... I am feeling great .. my house is a mess which I tend to get around to cleaning...and Tom and Elena will be taking Alfie for the weekend this weekend...Tomorrow is Toms 68th birthday
    and Elena will take him out for dinner, I didnt want to infringe on his birthday weekend but they are low key and will spend time mostly home..
    My brother wants me to come up to the cottage , so I am going until monday morning, and will come and pick up both the boys..
    I have 2 loads of laundry in the wash and now in dryer and will pack a bag for a couple days. will stop at the Walmart in Seabrook on the way to the cottage and pick up a few things
    Jean will be up there and so will my nephew who i dont really get to spend time with so that will be nice.
    I really haven't gone anywhere this summer and Sean doesn't want Alfie up there because he is young and likes to bark and has to be kept on a leash outside... Buddy is more low key and will follow Sean anywhere and doesn't take off. Shane has a rotty named Kona who he will bring with him.. I feel bad not bringing Alfie but I dont want any hurt feelings..and Tom and Elena love him,