Breakfast

Crimson21
Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
I’m looking for some bread free breakfast ideas! I’m allergic to eggs, so that’s not an option. Send me your recipes! Also, I hate smoothies and protein powder, so those aren’t an option either. Thanks!!

Replies

• missravae
    missravae Posts: 21 Member
    I like to do cottage cheese with blueberries, watermelon or raspberries.

Chia seed fruit cups

Turkey bacon

Mainly I do the things you don't like such as egg dishes, protein drinks, HB eggs.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Sometimes I just have coffee and peanuts🤷‍♀️
    Do you like meal or protein bars? Oatmeal? Greek yogurt and fruit?
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Hate?
    Homemade oatmeal with almond butter, fruit and coconut oil. I add protein to mine tho.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Greek yogurt with fruit and/or granola.. Add almonds (can you tell i like almonds?)
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Cereal? Last night's leftover dinner? A latte? Veggie hash? Cottage cheese bowls?
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Leftovers, tuna salad, tacos, steak, sausages... whatever you like to eat in general, but at breakfast. That's how I treat it, personally.

Yesterday I had leftover taco stuff in a bowl, another morning recently I used up the last of my frozen chicken patties and baked some cheapo chicken parm to go along with some ready-made chicken skewers. Today it was biltong and a little bowl of tuna salad.

I'm not eating bread at the moment, so generally anything that would normally be served with bread (burgers, sandwiches, etc) I just eat in a bowl.
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member

gcminton wrote: »
    Leftovers, tuna salad, tacos, steak, sausages... whatever you like to eat in general, but at breakfast. That's how I treat it, personally.

Yesterday I had leftover taco stuff in a bowl, another morning recently I used up the last of my frozen chicken patties and baked some cheapo chicken parm to go along with some ready-made chicken skewers. Today it was biltong and a little bowl of tuna salad.

I'm not eating bread at the moment, so generally anything that would normally be served with bread (burgers, sandwiches, etc) I just eat in a bowl.

I actually don’t like the idea of leftovers for breakfast. I never have 😔. Plus I save leftovers for lunch. But thanks for the suggestion! 👍
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Steel cut oatmeal. You can do sweet or savory, choosing foods you like to add in.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Steel cut oatmeal. You can do sweet or savory, choosing foods you like to add in.

I eat steel cut oats at least five days a week, I prefer savory, with additions such as green onion, real bacon bits, cheese, smoked paprika.

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    edited September 2020
    My typical breakfast is Oatmeal. Wholegrain oats, natvia, water. Whatever fruit I feel like, flavourings that fit that fruit (vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel, etc.), healthy fat (usually nut butter, LSA,or hemp seeds).

Sometimes I have avocado tofu scramble instead. A whole bunch of fresh veggies dry roasted in a non stick pan, 100g tofu, half an avocado, pepper, black salt, nutritional yeast all squished and mixed together, and then added to the veggies, and fried for another 2 minutes.
  • rnjean
    rnjean Posts: 1 Member
    I like breakfast burritos. .. eggs (or egg subs) sausage or bacon crumbled, green onions. I make a bunch, freeze in waxed paper and have whenever I want for best. i use lo carb wraps, reduced fat bacon/ sausage. Eat, quick reheat in microwave
  • iFartMagic
    iFartMagic Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2021
    Low carb wraps are a lifesaver in keto! But given OP doesn't do eggs or bread, I'd say a BLT wrap... maybe with some melted cheese 😋 Except use the lettuce as the "wrap".
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Over night oats with almond milk. You can customize them adding fruit to some and raisins with cinnamon this is a super versatile option.

Heated oatmeal either instant or regular with almond milk because it's lower calorie.

I like gluten free waffles which are lower in calorie with 90% fewer calorie log cabin syrup and sometimes I add a tbsp of peanutbutter and fruit to it.

I take lean cuts of lunch meat and cook them in a pan and then have them with a mixed fruit bowel.

I like 2 gluten and dairy free muffins chocolate chip banana with an actual banana.

Gluten and dairy free mini pancakes with a dab of peanut butter.

Regular cereal with added fruit.

2 turkey Breakfast Sausage links dipped in the low calorie syrup and 1 piece of toast.

• heatherbohlmann
    heatherbohlmann Posts: 1 Member
    Steel oats mixed with vanilla yogurt