Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Do people really enjoy dinner dates?

i *kitten* love dinner dates! what is wrong with u people, i cant even

You don’t feel stiff and bored?

i’m feel pretty good at making convo one-on-one and it’s quiet not like a party or worse a bar or worse worse a concert

dinner date risk

tenor.gif?itemid=3426060
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

i’m feel pretty good at making convo one-on-one and it’s quiet not like a party or worse a bar or worse worse a concert

I get this.. I am great at one on one convo, not shy or awkward but if I'm meeting the person for the first time I don't know if they are, so I like to make the setting as comfortable and chilled as possible so I can see their relaxed self, if that makes sense. I like those outdoor areas at the pub, I have a favourire pub that overlooks the water. It's fairly quiet.. and very relaxed atmosphere.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I get this.. I am great at one on one convo, not shy or awkward but if I'm meeting the person for the first time I don't know if they are, so I like to make the setting as comfortable and chilled as possible so I can see their relaxed self, if that makes sense. I like those outdoor areas at the pub, I have a favourire pub that overlooks the water. It's fairly quiet.. and very relaxed atmosphere.

do they take reservations ?

what's the dress code ?

do they validate parking ?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

what's the dress code ?

No
    Casual
    It's Australia, no 😂
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options

what's the dress code ?

High heels? Spanx? Salad? Dessert? It’s *kitten* fraught.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

what's the dress code ?

yes, no, if you want, offer to share
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options

what's the dress code ?

yes, no, if you want, offer to share

I’m writing this on my hand
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

If she can't enjoy grabbing a casual dinner with me and wondering around the mall, downtown, bookstore, festival, target, whatever with me...

Then I'll pass................... Unless she's hot
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Cosign. I loathe cooking so if a guy suggested making dinner together as a date I'd suddenly acquire a dying relative that needed deathbed attendance *, or have to wash my hair, or something.

* this is a pre-covid hypothetical, of course
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

what's the dress code ?

jesus i was thinking chipotle but okay
  • slimgirljo15
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    When you go on a date in australia do you bring weapons to fight back the evil oversized creatures that time has forgotten that live there? My friends live in OZ and it's scary this *kitten* y'all live with. I was supposed to move to australia then Scotland but 🤷🏻‍♂️ didn't happen .

😂 Honestly we don't even think about the critters. It's like, Meh.. there's s croc down at the boat ramp so I wont walk too close to the edge or I saw a brown snake down near the shed, better take a stick with me 😜

Anyway, you guys have bears and scary stuff too🐻
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

If she can't enjoy grabbing a casual dinner with me and wondering around the mall, downtown, bookstore, festival, target, whatever with me...

Are these first date scenarios? What are you gonna do at a place like Target or the bookstore? If there's no treasure hunt type game, cart surfing or other semi-competitive silliness involved then I'm at a loss.

I can't pretend to be civilized for too long so may as well put my cards on the table Day 1.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Are these first date scenarios? What are you gonna do at a place like Target or the bookstore? If there's no treasure hunt type game, cart surfing or other semi-competitive silliness involved then I'm at a loss.

I can't pretend to be civilized for too long so may as well put my cards on the table Day 1.

To be fair, it wasn't a first date question...

But now that I think about it, the day I met my wife, we actually did go to the mall with a few other friends and shopping cart surfed throughout the parking lot 😂...

But to answer your question... The more I think about it, yeah... I think it would make a pretty interesting first date that would tell me all I need to know really...

That being said, I've been known to cut a little rug and would love to go dancing too, but not on a first...

A study date would be fun, I've got a pretty big test on pure oxygen production tomorrow after all 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    When you go on a date in australia do you bring weapons to fight back the evil oversized creatures that time has forgotten that live there? My friends live in OZ and it's scary this *kitten* y'all live with. I was supposed to move to australia then Scotland but 🤷🏻‍♂️ didn't happen .

😂 Honestly we don't even think about the critters. It's like, Meh.. there's s croc down at the boat ramp so I wont walk too close to the edge or I saw a brown snake down near the shed, better take a stick with me 😜

No no no... There's a difference between our creatures and yours. Ours evolved into smaller things while yours stayed the way they were when the dinosaurs were around.

And yet strangely enough it's the small critters that might kill you🐍🕷, well apart from a great white or croc. 😁
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Its only the Grizzlies you have to worry about in the west. Most bears in the US just want to swim in your pool and borrow your swingset for a little fun.

200.gif
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I like dinner dates. I like getting dressed up; heels, dress, hair and makeup. I like incredible food that I can't make at home. However, I also like casual at home dinner dates. My favorite date though; Dessert dates. We can make dinner at home but take me out for ice cream or coffee and cake!

I like dinner dates too, although it rarely happens but I take myself on dessert dates all the time 😋