Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if u dont say “aw, thanks” how tf do u y’all respond to a compliment?? like what is the non socially awkward thing to say

“thats sweet of you to say”
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Ladies...

Well then what do you say if the compliments are appreciated and from someone you admire?

Still Aww thank you in some cases?

Ug-h-h-h! If you keep omitting context and specific scenarios how do you expect us to confuse you regarding the feminine mystique, thereby keeping you subjugated by our wiles? Get with the program, man.

like say u send a pic of you *kitten* and they are like “you look good” what do u do because my first instinct would be “no haha its okay, bad hair day, the lighting sucks” or just a heart emoji
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    if u dont say “aw, thanks” how tf do u y’all respond to a compliment?? like what is the non socially awkward thing to say

"I appreciate you saying that"
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

Well then what do you say if the compliments are appreciated and from someone you admire?

Ug-h-h-h! If you keep omitting context and specific scenarios how do you expect us to confuse you regarding the feminine mystique, thereby keeping you subjugated by our wiles? Get with the program, man.

like say u send a pic of you *kitten* and they are like “you look good” what do u do because my first instinct would be “no haha its okay, bad hair day, the lighting sucks” or just a heart emoji

maybe just like respond with a hilarious nonsensical gif or something idk
  • ermengarde22
    Options

"I appreciate you saying that"

oh COME ON even i know that would be weird and i’m always weird

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I kr... That's exactly what I was thinking...

Now this one however seems more get awayish, and would crush me 😂
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

“thank you 😊”
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ladies...

To paraphrase @Mr_Healthy_Habits (who is apparently paraphrasing @Thetwitchisback ): But is he hot, though?

Edited to correct citation lol APA formatting to follow.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

im just not the best at accepting compliments whether or not they are well intentioned.
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    Ladies...

“thank you 😊”

this is terrible advice! from all of you! its not even the bad advice thread!!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Ladies...

maybe just like respond with a hilarious nonsensical gif or something idk

9uckvbwo5siw.gif

znsUCUam.jpg
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    Ladies...

To paraphrase @Mr_Healthy_Habits (who is apparently paraphrasing @TwitchyMacGee ): But is he hot, though?

hypothetically he’s super hot
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    Ladies...

Seriously though it depends. If it’s a man I LIKE or a woman I admire, I get very nervous and I don’t know wtf I’ll say/type

If it’s just a nice person i like in the normal way i usually say thank you. Or maybe a “that means a lot”

If it’s someone i want to let down easy I put in the awww.

Communication is difficult
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    Ladies...

“thank you 😊”

this is terrible advice! from all of you! its not even the bad advice thread!!

I SUCK AT THIS!
  • ermengarde22
    Options

im just not the best at accepting compliments whether or not they are well intentioned.

me either, i say just do heart emoji
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

"that's nice of you to say" or "thank you ma'am"

or just go with ol' reliable and hit em with that "lol"

“thank you sir”
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    Ladies...

To paraphrase @Mr_Healthy_Habits (who is apparently paraphrasing @TwitchyMacGee ): But is he hot, though?

hypothetically he’s super hot

Hypothetically then, a request for equivalent *kitten* will be made to which I will reciprocate with an equally underwhelming response in lowercase and lacking punctuation. Should intimacy escalation on his part not be forthcoming within 45 minutes (give or take 32 seconds), he will be downgraded until further notice.

Simple.
    😂I couldn’t pull that off. It’s great though