Your thoughts on Jersey Shore

Options

Replies

• Bratkins
    Options
    I think in the end everyone is responsible for their own action, and if a show like Jersey Shore makes you act like an A hole then you probably already were one. I do think it is a shame that the cast members are so superficial, and demonstrate that fighting is a viable way to resolve conflict. But most people who watch it should know it is a bunch of crap, mostly staged and there for entertainment. I however, wouldn't really care if it was cancelled.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love the show. However, I am an adult with a job and school and a brain. I wouldn't let my young teens (if they existed) watch it. But it is a wonderful, guilty pleasure my bf and I enjoy each Thursday night.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Thoughts....

on Jersey Shore?

Is that possible?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to live in a world where it exists.

Seriously, it's pathetic that people have put some much effort into that crap when they should be interested in what is going on with their country or possibly even other parts of the world.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to live in a world where it exists.

Seriously, it's pathetic that people have put some much effort into that crap when they should be interested in what is going on with their country or possibly even other parts of the world.

Exactly this.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My best friend's husband is a cameraman on JS....and it's bought them a house (here in So Cal that's no small thing).

Help the crew keep their jobs :-)
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Guilty pleasure. 100%

I spend enough time worrying myself with the ills of the world. I can indulge in absolutely mindless entertainment because that's all it is. It's not meant to change the world or whatever. It's meant to be a soul sucking 1hr (commercials included) tv show. And I thoroughly enjoy it.
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love it. It's Jersday, lets all fist eachother! Haha, ok that last line was an MTV Live joke about Jersey Shore, but I do like to call Thursday Jersday, mostly because people sigh and roll their eyes so much at it. I find it hilarious, I think they are all rediculous, and I always laugh my *kitten* off every episode. I don't look up to them, I would never live my life like them, but I do find it entertaining to watch. It makes me laugh, it's like any other comedy I watch.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    You've got the wrong end of the stick. It's not whether life will imitate "art" (and I use that as loosely as possible) but that "art" (loose, again) is imitating life. We live in a society where this is entertainment. I recommend watching the movie Idiocracy.

I also recommend cancelling your cable subscriptions and reading books, that's really the only way to combat it.
  • livnlite
    Options
    I watched it once .. I repeat ... once .. nuff said. ( Now THAT was a 1/2 hr of my life I will never get back!)
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    You've got the wrong end of the stick. It's not whether life will imitate "art" (and I use that as loosely as possible) but that "art" (loose, again) is imitating life. We live in a society where this is entertainment. I recommend watching the movie Idiocracy.

I also recommend cancelling your cable subscriptions and reading books, that's really the only way to combat it.

Perfect. While I know everyone has their guilty pleasure (mines the Jack *kitten* movies or show) Jersey Shore seems to be a new level of retardedness.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Yes people should be cultured in whats goin on in the world around them, but then when you do, you get so depressed that shows like jersey shore are just a mind numbing outlet. Just like watching sitcoms or dramas.....its just a way to escape the crazy real world and watch people live in a fake one
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO. no jersey shore, ever.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia and I love it! and Jerseylicious!
    I am constantly surprised by the stupidity, i.e.
    * how Pauly had never been on a date before and didn't know how to go about it
    * Vinnie fell in love at first sight with the pole dancer, she didn't really want to go out with him, but obviously did so she would get herself on camera
    * Mike is like 27 and still a total baby
    * Mike hitting his head on the wall so Ronnie wouldn't hit him
    * Ronnie being all hurt because Sammy didn't trust him, when he admitted talking to other girls and inviting them over
    * Ronnie being all self-righteous about Mike when he was doing the things Mike said he did
    * how all of them have such terrible social skills!
    BUT I love how Snooki has developed.

I could go on, I love it. BTW I do know about the world, I read the newspapers, but I love the mindlessness of it so much.
    Just so you know, Mike being asked by Abercrombie and Fitch to stop wearing their clothes made it to the online newspapers here! Mind you, any company that makes white or flouro green track pants, deserves it, who do they think their market is anyway, it is the 'Situations' of the world.

GG
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I lose brain cells every time I flip through the channels and I get a glimpse of jersey snore.
  • ZainAlam0789
    ZainAlam0789 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Geordie Shore > Jersey Shore

Jersey Shore just got boring after a while....Geordie shore is where its at. The girls are way more attractive and the guys actually go out and pull chicks.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Anyone who watches it should be ashamed of themselves.

And I can't wait to download the next episode!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Pauly D!!

fiBCl.gif
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I watched 4 minutes of it one time.

My IQ dropped 12 points.