Ladies, what is the worst compliment you have ever received?

Options

Replies

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    "You are kinda pretty"
    "You smell like makeup"
    "You look like a girl that hunts sharks"
    "You are thick in some of the right places"

"You look like a girl that hunts sharks" is something I would have probably never thought to say, to anyone, ever

Yeah, because wouldn't be easier just to say fisherman?

😂... I think I'd rather be told I look like a shark hunter rather than a fishermen if I was a woman...

But maybe he saw a hot shark hunter on the discovery Channel during shark week he was reminded of 🤷🏽‍♂️

But isnt that what a shark hunter is?.....a fisherman? I mean yeah, i dont think being told you look like a fisherman as a woman would generally be a good thing.......but fancying up the word makes it better?

* Note - I jest
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    "You are kinda pretty"
    "You smell like makeup"

"You look like a girl that hunts sharks" is something I would have probably never thought to say, to anyone, ever

😂... I think I'd rather be told I look like a shark hunter rather than a fishermen if I was a woman...

But maybe he saw a hot shark hunter on the discovery Channel during shark week he was reminded of 🤷🏽‍♂️

But isnt that what a shark hunter is?.....a fisherman? I mean yeah, i dont think being told you look like a fisherman as a woman would generally be a good thing.......but fancying up the word makes it better?

* Note - I jest

Oh yeah... A fishermen could be a chik with a beard on a crab boat... 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I guess now that I think about it a shark hunter could be too, but I just picture Angelina Jolie in a wet suit with a spear 😍...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    "You are kinda pretty"
    "You smell like makeup"

* Note - I jest

I guess now that I think about it a shark hunter could be too, but I just picture Angelina Jolie in a wet suit with a spear 😍...

I wanna be a shark hunter now.

I knew that wasn't AJ in my shark fantasy, but rather someone who reminded me of her in sorta a AOC kinda way 🤷🏽‍♂️💕
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    "You are kinda pretty"
    "You smell like makeup"

* Note - I jest

Generally the only ones catching and killing sharks are standing in a boat with a fishing pole. Id call them fisherman.....i guess i could concede they are hunters if they wear their Elmer Fudd hat while doing it 😉

However, to your point, i wonder if it is a compliment to tell a woman she looks like Angelina Jolie in a wet suit....maybe?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    "You are kinda pretty"
    "You smell like makeup"

* Note - I jest

Generally the only ones catching and killing sharks are standing in a boat with a fishing pole. Id call them fisherman.....i guess i could concede they are hunters if they wear their Elmer Fudd hat while doing it 😉

However, to your point, i wonder if it is a compliment to tell a woman she looks like Angelina Jolie in a wet suit....maybe?

Angelina Jolie in a freaking elephant suit is a compliment 😍😂...
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    #1 You're such a cute pregnant girl. (It was six months after I had my second son.)

Yeah, I hear ya. ^ "When are you due?" I was asked one week after giving birth, AND I was lugging my newborn in his car seat as she asked it. Seriously?

BRUTAL! :o

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    #1 You're such a cute pregnant girl. (It was six months after I had my second son.)

Yeah, I hear ya. ^ "When are you due?" I was asked one week after giving birth, AND I was lugging my newborn in his car seat as she asked it. Seriously?

Omg....once after my second baby this super nice lady in the parking lot of a grocery store at night says.....”I can’t help but notice you’re pregnant, can I help you put your groceries in your car?”

And I had my baby with....he was at least a few months old. So I just did the old “thanks so much, I’m actually not pregnant, just fat” routine. She really was just trying to be genuinely nice. Poor thing.
  • gategannesh
    gategannesh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, it was - your appearance doesn't matter , what matters is that you are kind.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful

to me
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    "you have a perpendicular face'

(I heard "you look like a man")

🤣😭😩 What does this even mean?! Was the person an engineer?

I know! Perpendicular to what?? The ground? 😅
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

hrichts wrote: »

I know! Perpendicular to what?? The ground? 😅

Thanks ladies! Maybe that's why it plays over in my head - because it doesn't make sense!
    I heard "you look like a man", they might as well have complimented me on my 'strong chiseled jaw'