What makes you bond with someone?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    hrichts wrote: »
    There are some people with whom you click immediately and others with whom you have a warming up period. Still others that you never grow close with at all. What are the little things that make you feel closer to someone, or make it more likely that you’ll bond with them?

good question

let's see.... values über alles

also, a good (yet slightly dark) sense of humor.

and, it's critical that they don't take themselves too seriously
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    When I feel a connection I chase it til it works or it doesn’t
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    i generally get along with most folks

don't care for overt political talk, don't care for gossip, don't care for judgemental behavior when it comes to how others live their lives.

long as they can avoid that and can make me laugh when im in the sunken place then odds are we'll be cool together

All I retained was "sunken place..." ARE YOU GOOD?!

There's a whole movie about this so I feel compelled to assist immediately 😩

BVD775j.gif
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    when I open up to them the first time and their response is empathetic and insightful with a touch of humor *swoon*
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Shared suffering = strong bonds

Endearment? Idk. I like funny people who are clever with words. And nudes.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    trauma bonding is usually what does it for me.

This, I can relate to.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Shared suffering = strong bonds

Endearment? Idk. I like funny people who are clever with words. And nudes.

It also helps if she has a secret & dedicated FedEx account number specifically and exclusively for trading underwear cross country or overseas.
  • Thetwitchisback
    edited August 2020
    Oh! I also like grumpy and/or introverted people who try really hard not to like me but who eventually give in because I am relentless.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Oh! I also like grumpy and/or introverted people who try really hard not to like me but who eventually give in because I am relentless.

Every introvert needs that one friend who is like this. But, like, just the ONE is enough 🤗
  • Thetwitchisback
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Every introvert needs that one friend who is like this. But, like, just the ONE is enough 🤗

Truly IRL they are the people I like best. If you give them a chance speak they have the most insightful things to say and are really hilarious when they tell me to calm the *kitten* down. 😂💕
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Chemistry. That chemical reaction that produces dopamine and serotonin. Might as well face it you're addicted to love.

Your lights are on, but you're not home
    Your mind is not your own
    Your heart sweats, your body shakes
    Another kiss is what it takes
    You can't sleep, you can't eat
    There's no doubt, you're in deep
    Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
    Another kiss is all you need
    Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
    It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
    You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
  • Humor, when a person is clever, or when some writes for the first time like I'm a genuine friend.
  • salkavalka
    salkavalka Posts: 148 Member
    Crossfit

But all jokes aside... I seem to bond well with high energy, loud, bubbly, ADHD kinda people...
  • BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member
    The easiest way to explain it is the more country, with a touch of redneck, someone is usually means we'll get along pretty good for a very long time.
  • char2point0
    char2point0 Posts: 784 Member
    edited August 2020
    The easiest way to explain it is the more country, with a touch of redneck, someone is usually means we'll get along pretty good for a very long time.

Oh lawd 😆
    I was about the be the creepy one! Haha
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I was typing some things and I realized that I'm *kitten* up. So nvm I don't know how in the first place and it's just me and the animals. We bond because they're soft and cute and when they judge me it's also cute.

I hear you. This is why I work with animals and by default people (that I only brush on 'bonding' with like basic social niceties).
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    we'll get along if they understand and accept that geese are simply misunderstood dinosaurian remnants.
    like little velociraptors- only with feathers and big hearts and adorable honking instead of the whole murdering thing

3j9fQsz.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    When I think about it, the people whom I've been the closes with and or had the most fun with, have always been those who just understood me the best, and were looking for the same type of thing... 💕
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    Laughter & good times!