Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    I find it so strange that she has the date wrong, but can understand how it happens. That date is hard for me to remember too. Should I just leave it, or let her know?

Have a great day everyone!

Just let it go... She probably has enough she feels she messes up without one more thing. Besides, the memory is more important than the date.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Thanks @pridesabtch that wa Amy first thought too. Then I questioned myself.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    If she ever realized it and asks you about it, just say your post just always brought back wonderful memories, it didn’t really matter what date it was.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    So, a 2 week derailment. Lots of contributing factors, but in the end the only one I’m hurting is me. 😣

I need to bring this back, am going to start small. Tomorrow I commit to
    1. weighing myself. ✅
    2. journaling. ✅

Hopefully by adding one small thing back in each day I can return to the version of life I actually enjoy.

Met my commitments today. Didn’t mean my eating was back on track yet but didn’t feel overwhelmed. For tomorrow I will add tracking. No judgment, no target, just log every bite.

Hopefully I can add exercise soon—with the heat wave, then the fires, I’ve had all these excuses and havenot been working out inside (too hot, AC can’t get the house below 85) or outside (cooler this week, but Unhealthy air quality—like smoking a pack of cigarettes). Crossing fingers this craziness will pass soon and it will be pleasant to get outside again. AND so grateful that I’ve had a safe home, away from fire, and with AC (even if it’s undersized for our house). So many people suffered in the heat wave, or lost their homes in the fires, or at least had them threatened (2 different family members had to evacuate). The redwood park that I’ve camped in since I was tiny was devastated, the historic buildings gone. At least per latest reports many of the older trees (going on 2000 years!) still survived—whew!

Tomorrow:
    1. Weigh
    2. Track all bites
    3. Journal

One step at a time.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I too wouldn't mention the date to your friend. No point upsetting her any more than she already is.

@HEGoddard0928 , hope you're feeling better. I'm another one who uses honey for sore throats.

I didn't post yesterday as I felt I wasn't doing well. I hadn't walked for quite a few days, and eating too much. Was okay until the evening meal, when I wanted to use up some dessert from the freezer (bought before lockdown when family came to eat). My upbringing means not wasting food wins over dieting every time! I had one plateful, logged it, then received yet another email needing a reply. Without boring you, it's a saga regarding ownership of gardens and parking areas and there are quite a few households involved. Some are being very aggressive and nasty and I can't control that, it stresses me out and I just want it to go away! I felt I just wanted to feel "properly full" and had another portion. I logged it and was over 2000 calories, far too much for me. And of course I then felt uncomfortable and too full lol.

So...I forced my heavy belly out for a walk, and stomped round town for a while thinking (well, as much stomping as you can do with a bad back, maybe more of a hirple :) ) Convinced myself that I can't let it slide now after my good start. I've got a big (BIG!!!) birthday coming up early next year and I'm not looking forward to it. I've spent so much time helping ailing parents the last few years that I think about old age problems far too much, and this birthday is the one which is mentally making me feel I'm on that path now as well. A huge inspiration to lose weight and be as healthy as I can be. So I have about 21 weeks to make a difference, not quite enough but aiming for a slimmer birthday!

JFT Wednesday 26th August

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Give the dessert to mum, she needs the calories!
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk
    Cut up calendar and make a giant countdown poster
    Continue gardening if it dries up
    Finish admin (struggling with companies which are still shut/not answering phones)
    Get dressed!
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - I agree with the others. I don’t think the benefits of knowing the actual date outweigh the potential pain it could cause.

@littleblackskirt - I also found that my milestone birthday earlier this year was a great motivator. We need to set ourselves up for the healthiest future possible. 💕

TUESDAY:
    - get new can of paint / continue painting house - 🔴 I called, but the paint store I normally use is closed for 2 weeks. I’ll have to head to a different one.
    - Prime the desk🔴
    - Move keyboard and music to basement🔴
    - RSVP to baby shower🔴
    - Indoor and outdoor chores🟢
    - Softball tryouts for oldest🟢

Day did not go as planned yesterday. I got sidetracked in the morning looking at old baby videos of my girls. “Wasted” an hour laughing with my kids. Good memories! 💕 Then we rode bikes to the school to play catch. Another couple hours “wasted”. 😉

JFT WEDNESDAY:
    - eat sensibly
    - Paint (either house or desk )
    - RSVP to baby shower
    - Indoor chores / outdoor cleanup

Have a great day!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all. @littleblackskirt 21 weeks can make a huge difference and I believe you can do it! @SERmom3 it’s never a waste if you’re making happy memories 😉

I did my workout this morning then went out with the kids to do the next run from couch to 5K that they are doing. All went well. Few more jobs to tackle today but staying focused.

Have a good day everyone x

Tuesday goals recap:
    morning run ✅ 10K
    Email solicitors ✅
    Measure bathroom ✅
    Kids to art camp for afternoon ✅
    Start sewing on name labels ❌. But I made a photobook for my niece’s birthday next week instead. 😃
    Online grocery shop ✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Bed by 10✅

Wednesday goals:
    morning workout ✅
    Couch to 5k with the kids ✅
    Take oldest for induction afternoon at school
    Pick up ceramic projects from the shop
    Start sewing name labels
    Prepare post for find a trader website
    Online groceries 7-8
    Stay within calorie goal
    Bed by 10
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday August 25
    1L of Water - :) 2L!
    Log all Food - :) and in the GREEN!
    No Chips - >:) but only 10, not a whole bag by myself
    15 minutes of activity - :)
    Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Wednesday August 26
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    No Chips
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

Today the scale read 195.2, I downloaded the Happy Scale app that someone recommended, only .2 and I'll meet my first goal. Then I'll move onto the next 5. That's how I did it last time and it was working for me.

@littleblackskirt - I hate conflict of any kind, I understand your frustration and your eating to soothe yourself. I do the same thing. I hate that overfull feeling though and instead of walking or "hirpling" I tend to take a bath or a nap. Your way is much better.

@SERmom3 - Have you decided to paint the whole house now?

I have really been worrying about old age since I started working at the nursing home. I am truly hoping that family genetics on my Mom's side win out for me. My maternal Grandmother lived until 4 months shy of 96 years of age and only had to use a walker her last couple years of life. Her mind was sharp as a tack. My paternal Grandmother lived until she was 86 (I think, if my memory is accurate this morning) she suffered with dementia and lived in a nursing home the last 6 years of her life. My maternal Grandfather lived until 82, he had Parkinson's that made him shaky on his feet the last couple of years of his life, but again was sharp as a tack. My paternal Grandfather died of a heart attack when he was 78.
    I think that I need to be as healthy as I can be while I still have control to make my chances better.

I've been thinking of @AJB1014, @mytime6630, @bookmeister86 and @PackerFanInGB lately. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great day everyone.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Okay, onto some goals.
    Today I will:
    - post on JFT 😁
    - take my antibiotics 😁
    - make Matt go to Walmart😁
    - attempt to write a blog post😥 But I did do some research on different blog post ideas and found this great search engine that searches just different writng-centric blogs. It's very cool.
    - make some pins for the post(if I finish it)😥
    - take a nap😥
    - 50 word challenge😥

I didn't do much yesterday. My throat still hurts but it is getting better. Warm liquids some to help more now. Cold ones did before.

I did go through and read a bunch of writing blogs which was nice because for the longest time I've only been reading about blogging. I'm going to have to make time to read about what really interests me too.

I did some good research and came up with two pages, front and back of different blog post ideas. I'm very excited to dig into some of them.

Okay, onto some goals.

Today I will:
    - post 😁
    - take my antibiotics 😁
    - write at least one blog post
    - make 3 Pinterest pins
    - listen to course and use bookmarks
    - figure out dinner
    - 50 word challenge (I MUST do this!!)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY
    1. 8 C water
    2. 5 freggies
    3. leave the house at least once (it has been...at least a week)
    4. walk on one work break
    5. pick blackberries after work
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    Today
    1. Weigh✅
    2. Track all bites🤨—think I missed a few, but already at 2X my goal 😩
    3. Journal✅

Tomorrow:
    1. Weigh
    2. Track—all bites
    3. Walk
    4. Journal
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    @snowflake1968 @littleblackskirt A colleague at work used to work out regularly and someone asked “what are you training for?” Answer: “old age”. I always thought that was a brilliant attitude.

@HEGoddard0928 Glad you’re feeling somewhat better. Hope you’re past it all soon!

@Faebert Good job on your goals! 10k run is impressive.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 AUGUST💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    Isn't it funny how time disappears.
    I've been watching the first series of FORT SALEM
    Still sticking with my goals. Consolidating my new normal.
    Nothing strange or startling to relate.
    Just taking it day by day, step by step.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together
    (Vincent Van Gogh)

💜💜💜

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2

August Daily Goals: Week 4
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅
      Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri:
      Weight < 155: 3/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

10 Aug 2020: 149.9
      23 Aug 2020: 150.1
      27 Aug 2020: 148.2 😍 Not getting too excited about this until I see what tomorrow brings.
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7 (another small drop today 😀)
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5 (and a small increase here 😀)
      It's so encouraging to see even these small improvements that my efforts are producing.)
      Calories < in the green 🦄 5/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 5/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 5/7 Essential Shopping and mostly indoor walking as we have storms passing through. Nothing like as bad as the States are getting, but enough to keep us inside.
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 5/7
      Positive intentions for today
      🌟Meditation 5/7 🌟Exercise 5/7
      🌟Gardening: 1/7 🌟Declutter🦄2/7
      🌟Laundry4/7 🌟Circuits 5/7
      😜Housework 5/7 🌟Shopping 2/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄3/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄4/7
      🌟Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)1/7
      🌟Crochet🦄 1/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄5/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄5/7 🌟Read 5/7

• TerriRichardson112
      edited August 2020
      Options
      @Snowflake1968 I too, would let it lie. It's the remembering which is important not the date. 😍 that you did the photobook for your niece. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Memories: It's important to relive the good times. I often take out a photo album and leaf through it.

I think the kind of autumnal weather we are having in the Northern Hemisphere at the minute often leads to colds/sniffles/sore throats, and the fear of Covid is exacerbating our anxieties. Sending healing thoughts to those of you who need them.

cytevpw2v4b4.jpg

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
      Options

@Faebert you have my sympathies, having to sew on name labels. Awful job!
      Kuhl50 wrote: »
      @snowflake1968 @littleblackskirt A colleague at work used to work out regularly and someone asked “what are you training for?” Answer: “old age”. I always thought that was a brilliant attitude.

That is a great answer!

JFT Wednesday 26th August

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green yes
      Give the dessert to mum, she needs the calories! yes
      Back exercises the standing ones
      Foot exercises yes
      5 fruit and veg 6
      Walk 45 minutes into town
      Cut up calendar and make a giant countdown poster not yet
      Continue gardening if it dries up did some weeding ,with my little helper
      Finish admin no, just added to it! 5 yucky emails in one day
      Get dressed! yes lol

JFT Thursday 27th August

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      Foot exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Make dieting calendar
      Weekly shop
      Admin, it's piling up
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Options
      @Kuhl50 - love that training for old age response!

WEDNESDAY:
      - eat sensibly🔴
      - Paint (either house or desk )🔴
      - RSVP to baby shower🔴
      - Indoor chores / outdoor cleanup🟢

Another day that got sidetracked for good reasons. Went for a walk with my sister-in-law while my kids rode bikes with grandparents. I did sand the desk and I will at least prime it today.
      @Snowflake1968 - I’m not painting the whole house (yet). I ran out of paint with just a small section left. I figure I’ll get a full gallon and eventually use it on the sides of the house.

JFT THURSDAY:
      - eat sensibly
      - Paint desk
      - RSVP to baby shower
      - Indoor / outdoor chores
      - Contact priest about Saturday’s wedding
    • TerriRichardson112
      Options
      @Faebert 🤦🏼‍♀️I Left out your name on the comment about your niece's photobook.
      @Snowflake1968 I too, would let it lie. It's the remembering which is important not the date.

@Faebert 😍 that you did the photobook for your niece. I'm sure she will appreciate it.
      Memories: It's important to relive the good times. I often take out a photo album and leaf through it.

I think the kind of autumnal weather we are having in the Northern Hemisphere at the minute often leads to colds/sniffles/sore throats, and the fear of Covid is exacerbating our anxieties. Sending healing thoughts to those of you who need them.

cytevpw2v4b4.jpg

• TerriRichardson112
      Options
      @Faebert So sorry about your running pal. It’s always a shock when someone young, fit and healthy dies. Sending (((hugs))) and prayers to his friends and family at this sad time. It puts so many things into perspective.
    • Snowflake1968
      Options
      JFT - Wednesday August 26
      1L of Water - :)
      Log all Food - :)
      No Chips - >:)
      15 minutes of activity - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Thursday August 27
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      15 minutes of activity
      Gratitude Journal

I reached the first goal of 195 today, onto the next 5.

@kuhl50 - "training for old age" isn't that the truth! I have no interest in a marathon or anything like that, but I want to enjoy my old age.

@littleblackskirt - what are you counting down for with your countdown calendar you have to make?

@Faebert - Sorry about the loss of your friend. Losing someone young and unexpectedly is always a shock.

@TerriRichardson112 - I was thinking about you last night, I read Nora Roberts and a few of her books are set in Ireland. Two counties she uses for inspiration is County Cork and County Clare, are you near either of them? I have to say that I picture you in one of her houses she describes.

I have been bringing lunch everyday this week and it has made a difference in my calorie count to do for the rest of the day. Today I am buying lunch because I didn't feel like going out last night to get food to prepare for today. I am regretting that decision this morning.

Yesterday was a good day, hoping for the same today.