Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    @pliskit: I eat a lot of the same things and have shrunk my stomach down to very small portions, so sometimes prelogging versus logging afterwards is just a matter of when I happened to sit down to do it. Where I find prelogging really helps is going out to eat. A lot of places nowadays have their menu online, so I can figure out what I'm going to have, prelog and get an idea of how that will fit into my calories for the day, and if necessary adjust afterwards. (For example, if the burger was so big I could only eat half.)
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    grandrory wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time right now with cutting back on sweets! My sweet tooth is something I really need to work on!! I'm not following any certain kind of diet, just trying to be careful not to go over the 1200 calories a day that MFP has set for me. I'd like to eventually start a eating plan but in the past whenever I would try to follow a certain way of eating It always seemed to back fire on me and I'd always crave the foods I wasn't allowed to have. So...here I am, kind of in a limbo on what to do.

Hello!!

I love sweets also. Something I have been able to do to help me is to pre-portion out my sweets or get the smaller sizes and know that I can only have 1 or so a day (so, I save it for later to enjoy). Most times, I end up forgetting about it and don't even eat it. Something to help is to pre-log the desert/sweet before you eat it and see how much it "costs" you in the food/nutrients that you actually need. When you see the amount, you may be able to cut down the amount you would normally have eaten. I don't follow diet plans either, for similar reasons. Something my doctor encouraged me to do and that seems to help me is the intermittent fasting. Eat your meals between a certain time (mine is 11 am - 7 pm) and in the off times drink water, fruit teas (with honey if needed), or maybe yogurt (greek yogurts seem to have a higher protein content) (or high protein snacks - not a lot of these). I tend to also eat a lot of fruits with high fiber contents like mangoes which are already sweet and so that helps me as well. I hope something I have mentioned helps you.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight, I love your insight, especially the bit about not being able to hate ourselves into good habits. Keep up the good work!
    @mmdeveau good luck with your car decision. I think not having a car is much healthier and it sounds like you have decent options where you are.
    @ravenstcloud hope things feel better soon, thanks for the new group xx
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    Welcome new members
    @ChrysalisCove the gnocchi were good but I think I could make them look better next time. I kept thinking they would fall apart when I boiled them but they didn’t. I made a simple wine sauce for them.

I half expected ours to disintegrate, too! Frying them in the sage butter sauce really helped aesthetically. They look a bit slimy straight out of the water 😅
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Forgot about posting these, whoops! 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I’ll fill in my last week on Monday.

32F, 5’3”
    SW: 245
    Goal 1: 220
    Goal 2: 200
    Goal 3: 185 **Previous LW**
    UGW: 140-170 (will reassess closer to goal)

Week 1: 226.2 (🔻 3.2lbs)
    Week 2: 225.0 (🔻 1.2lbs)
    Week 3: 224.8 (🔻 0.2lbs)
    Week 4:

Weightloss Goals:
    🌻 No snacking after 9pm - (5/7)
    🌻 No more than one 12oz soda per day - (7/7)
    🌻 Mitigate stress with exercise, not eating - (1/7)
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Went on a long bike ride this morning. My husband went to the city (Albuquerque) today for a Costco run and brought dinner back from Cheesecake factory. I planned it, ate half and came in under my calories.

SW: 233.6
    CW: 226.0
    # of days on mfp: 20 (1/3 of the way to my mini-goal)
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Name: Jane
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    7/31 weight: 172.9
    Maintenance Weight Range: 170-175

Weekly tracking:
    8/1: 172.0
    8/8: 171.4
    8/15: 170.2 !!
    8/22: 170.2
    8/29: 170.8
    8/31:

August goals:
    Maintain my weight between 170 and 175 ✅
    Log food daily ✅
    Row 2 to 3x week ✅ - 3xs this week
    Run 4x week, with a long Saturday run ✅
    Get at least 45 "active" minutes a day ✅
    Get at least 10,000 steps/day ✅

Over indulged in carbs this week and I paid for it in water weight for most of the week, but it came back down today, so all is well. I had made some homemade caramel corn that was so, so delicious! And so much more sugar than I am used to!

My fitbit decided to stop syncing on Tuesday, so I'm not getting credit for my exercise calories, so I'm seeing lots of red in my diary. I tried everything to get it to work and finally ended up calling fitbit. Apparently, its the device, but my Charge 3 is still under warranty, so they are sending me a new one. I have grown so dependent on it. It's going to be hard to wait for it to arrive.

@mmdeveau - So sorry to hear about your car trouble. If you can get by without a car, do it! Just think how much you will save in parking, insurance and gas. I have an electric car (a Fiat 500e) which I adore. But when we have to go on a long trip, we sometimes rent a car. When you aren't renting from the airport, car rentals are pretty cheap. And if they have Zip Car in your area that can be a good option to for those weekend beach trips or a big Costco/Ikea run.

@KeriA - Congratulations on landing another interview! My fingers are crossed for you!
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    how do I find the link to the new group?
  • orangequilt
    Options
    how do I find the link to the new group?

click on the 'motivation and support' heading above this and then you will see all the threads in recent order, the women 200lb one should be on the first page, then star it as a favourite and you are away!
  • orangequilt
    Options
    Spring here in Oz too!
  • orangequilt
    Options
    Wow @speyerj , living the dream there!!! You're normal!!!!!