Hundred Push Ups March

Options

Replies

• letiamae
    letiamae Posts: 23
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm in!

I'm going to do girly push ups and I am starting week one level 3 :)
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I broke a wrist 6 years ago. The "knuckle" pushup solves that problem, and isn't any harder. It's on the website.

Thanks cmriverside,I will give those a try.
  • Forpar
    Forpar Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi all, I'm still working on these. I haven't had much internet access lately and that will probably continue while my mom heals from her surgery. I'm going back there today till I don't know when, depends on how she is, how the weather is...
    I'm staying on week 5, level 2.

Glad to see new people joining the challenge!
    Where is Forpar? are you still out there? DH and I got a golf membership for this coming summer. Haven't golfed in a couple of years. I'm hoping my pushups will help!

"PRESENT!":drinker:

keiko:
    In golf, even more important than pushups is exercise for the muscle between your ears :smile:

Pushups will help because they strengthen many of the muscles used in the golf swing...just don't keep score. :sad:

I haven't logged pushups in awhile, but I'm still at it - week 5, day 1. I got further than ever today -
    36 (min.40)

Glad to see more folks out there knocking themselves out too - makes me feel less stupider.

"They call it golf because all of the other four-letter words were taken. " ~Raymond Floyd
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    100 everyday every hour, or just 100 for the month?
    I like push ups how many you want
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

showoff:grumble:

forpar...my daughter intends to try for pro next year...Duramed/Futures tour. If she ever makes it, I'll let you all know.

Marla
    the proud golf mommy
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    :explode: My arm/back is still messed up. No push ups today.
    Forpar good to see you back!
    I'm glad to see so many new people here. February's thread had slowed a lot, and I need more motivation!
    Alright I'll be back at it when my pinched nerve, or whatever it is, goes away! Keep it up!
    MM
  • Marla64
    Options
    Okay-- so I'm cranky today I guess-- the novelty of Caleb interfering with the pushups is long gone. I asked 9yo just to keep him at bay, and out of my way. (hey, I'm a poet) And, of course, she crashed and burned....over toddles Caleb interfering with set number two-- the grandpappy of sets, 25 today-- which was already giving me fits.

I yelled to said 9yo to get the child, so her way of then controlling him was to sit inches away from me with him shrieking on her lap to get down....yeah, sure, I could concentrate. Perhaps I would be adept enough at these ol' pushups by now to muddle through-- alas, NO. NYET. NON-- NUH-UH-- NOT!

So, I got all grumpy, whined about how I'd kill for 5 minutes of peace somewhere in this house-- blah, blah, blah-- (take one of your favorite whines and multiply it by about 3 or 4-- there-- you have my level of frustration)

Adding injury to insult, my wrist hurts-- could be all the typing, but my right wrist started hurting this morning. :grumble:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    Mama Push-ups,

(keep in mind I am childless, just animals.....)

Have you considered one of those steel crates - I mean - cute little playpen??
    hahanosmiley.gif
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I did my pushups yesterday. Week 4, day 2, lvl 1 girly
    14 16 12 12 18 (max 18)...that last set was rough. I can see already that I am going to need to repeat this week.

Marla I thought of you while I was doing my push ups cuz my lil one was crawling all around me and I was afraid she was gonna go under or get close enough I would hit her with my elbow. Oh the joys of children!
  • johnblake
    Options

showoff:grumble:

forpar...my daughter intends to try for pro next year...Duramed/Futures tour. If she ever makes it, I'll let you all know.

Marla
    the proud golf mommy
    that is great. talk about hard work. I hope I can keep in good shape so when I retire from the Navy I can be full time PT and have fun doing shows
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay-- now you really have to stop talking in code here-- confused, blonde, senile mother over here--

S'plain-- PT?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Mama Push-ups,

(keep in mind I am childless, just animals.....)

Have you considered one of those steel crates - I mean - cute little playpen??
    hahanosmiley.gif

Good plan-- connie_38.gif
  • johnblake
    Options
    okay-- now you really have to stop talking in code here-- confused, blonde, senile mother over here--

S'plain-- PT?
    Personal trainer
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    I'd like to join here. I just did my initial test and did 17 push ups on my knees. So I will be doing Monday, Wednesday Friday and taking weekends off (starting tomorrow) with week 1, column 3.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Is anyone here still doing the two hundred situps challenge?
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome yeahbuddy! I was doing the sit ups challenge but I finished. Is there still a thread going?

No push ups today again. This stinks. My whole upper back hurts now. I'm gonna get some stretching in to see if that will help. I hope it's better this weekend so I can test....not that I will be able to do that well since I've had to take the whole week off.
    MM
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Day 3

I started out trying my hand at plank push-ups again. I could do 5 this time (compared to 2 last time) Yay!

*Girly Push-ups*
    +11
    +15
    +9
    +9
    +30
    ____
    74 !
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Welcome yeahbuddy! I was doing the sit ups challenge but I finished. Is there still a thread going?

No push ups today again. This stinks. My whole upper back hurts now. I'm gonna get some stretching in to see if that will help. I hope it's better this weekend so I can test....not that I will be able to do that well since I've had to take the whole week off.
    MM

Thanks, MM. I saw that you had been doing the situps challenge but the thread ended in Feb. That's why I was wondering if anyone else was doing it because I didn't see a current thread. If there isn't one, I might just start one.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 3 level 3
    17 (just couldn't reach that min 20)

Exhaustion test sometime this weekend. Probably Sunday morning. Question? Do you all follow the guidelines for the breaks 60 - 90 - 120? I've been doing my push-ups on my strength training days and wondered if I could do them as part of my circuit training. That would make the breaks well above the 60 - 90 - 120. Right now I've been doing them before I start my weights.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Wahoo I remember to do them everyday this week!!!!

Week 4 day 3 lvl 1 girly
    16 18 13 13 25 (max 20)

I'm proud of the work I put in this week. Since I successfully did all the sets I'm going to do my exhaustion test Sunday.
    QUESTION: So if I don't do more than 30 push ups in my exhaustion test does that mean I repeat Week 4 on whatever level I land in??? It appears that way I just wanted to make sure.

Keep up the good work everyone.
    MM-i'm sorry you are in pain. I hope it's nothing serious. Have it looked at if needed!