Starting Insanity Monday, September 5th

Options

Replies

• Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am starting my second round of insanity today. I loved it and and got great results. Will definately follow this thread to see how everybody does. Keep in mind it is tough, but you only have to do what you can do. If you need a break hit pause. A heart rate monitor is a must.

Good Luck!!
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    I did the fitness test yesterday! Is it okay if I post here even if I'm a couple days ahead?

Also, I'm kind of worried about doing this in an apartment. I know my downstairs neighbour and he teases me about my exercise being loud... I hope it's just teasing and he's not actually annoyed.

How have you found it so far? How did you get on with the fit test?

Lol at your neighbour, I'm sure he understands...as long as you're not working out at 3am!!
    I'll quote from my fitness diary, because it captures the moment pretty well:

Workout one:
    "Before: Super nervous! But all I have to do is make it through 40 minutes! I can do it!
    After: OH MY GOD NO I CAN'T.
    NO HEY NEVERMIND I DID IT. I took a break in the middle but still!"

Workout two:
    "Before: So sore! But I will do my best. Every bit counts, and it will get easier.
    After: I did it! This time I wasn't so hard on myself when I had to take a break. I managed most of it! I just had to modify the moving push-ups. I feel awesome!"

So yeah, it is HARD. But if you take breaks when you need it, it's managable and you feel awesome afterwards!

Fitness test results:
    Switch kicks - 80
    Power jacks - 47, but I don't think I went low enough.
    Power knees - 95
    Jump squats - I lost count
    Globe jumps - 9
    Suicide jumps - 26! I was proud of this one. :D
    Push-up jacks - 14
    Low Plan Obliques - I lost count

I was fairly happy with my fitness test, but I worry that my form wasn't very good... oh well, I have 60 days to improve!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Elksy, sounds like you're off to a brilliant start and your fit results are great!!

I'm nervous about it all as well, how weird is that, nervous about doing a dvd workout at home on my own lol....yeah I know really it's because i'm afraid I won't be able to do it!!

So I just did the fit test and was surprised it wasn't nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, yay!!:drinker: I'm looking forward to doing my first proper workout tomorrow...i'm sure I'll be eating those words tomorrow!!

Here are my fit test results:

Switch Kicks 58
    Power Jacks 62
    Power knees 84
    Power Jumps 34 - don't think the impact of these are good for my back
    Globe Jumps 10 - hmmm
    Suicide Jumps 13
    Push Up Jacks 26
    Low Plank Obliques 54 - thank you Jillian for all the practice!

I know what you mean about form, it's difficult to tell though, we need huge mirrors!!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    We just finished the Fit Test, for the 4th time. Once in April, May, July and todays. We haven't made it past the first two weeks, something always comes up. I'm really glad we have a reason why we have to complete Insanity this time. We signed up for the Tough Mudder ( http://toughmudder.com/ ) and we have to get in incredible shape if we want a shot at completing the event.

Today's Fit Test:

Switch Kicks: 110
    Power Jacks: 43
    Power Knees: 73
    Power Jumps: 54
    Globe Jumps: 11
    Suicide Jumps: 20
    Push-up Jacks: 20
    Low Plank Oblique: 50
  • elksy
    Options
    Wow, you two both had amazing results on your fitness tests! High fives!

And skinnyinnotime, I totally agree with you on the mirrors thing! Of course, I wouldn't be thrilled to see the big tomato that is my exercise face, but it would really help with keeping form.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    wow!! awesome fit test numbers. I will post mine when i get home today. Everyone ready for day 2??
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Just did my first workout....a cool bath and 40 mins later I still feel hot and clammy, but at least the beetroot look has lessened lol!!

That was bloody mad, I managed to keep going without extra breaks upto 32 minutes into it, then had to stop a few times. I got so hot I felt like I had heating in my body!!

How are you all doing?
  • elksy
    Options
    I had the same experience with the first workout! I was fine until those number one drills... ugh.

Today I did Cardio Recovery! I actually found it harder in some respects... I prefer short bursts of different activities over holding a position for a long time. There was a point when my legs burned so badly they actually felt as if they were freezing! But afterwards the soreness from the past few days was totally gone, and I felt amazing.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I had the same experience with the first workout! I was fine until those number one drills... ugh.

Today I did Cardio Recovery! I actually found it harder in some respects... I prefer short bursts of different activities over holding a position for a long time. There was a point when my legs burned so badly they actually felt as if they were freezing! But afterwards the soreness from the past few days was totally gone, and I felt amazing.

Oh, the recover is harder, so much for that!! But sounds like the end result of it is worth it.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    It's very quiet on here, saw some tumble weed on the way in.

My 2nd day was good, managed to keep going without any extra breaks...ok I wasn't (nowhere near) at their pace but I kept going :happy:
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did the first real workout yesterday and I'm starting to feel sore already. I'm excited to go home and see what day 2 will do to me!! Good luck everybody
  • elksy
    Options

Oh, the recover is harder, so much for that!! But sounds like the end result of it is worth it.
    Well, I don't know if it's harder, really, but it's just not my preferred type of workout.
    Congrats on completing workout two! And high five for not taking extra breaks!

I did Pure Cardio today... there are no water breaks in the main 15-minute workout, so you just take 'em as you need 'em. I managed to keep going for most of the workout! Had to modify the push-up things again, though... maybe I should do extra push-ups after the workout. :P

@trac30: Nice work completing workout one! Let us know how the next one goes! :)
  • nmclaurin
    Options
    On week 2 and loving it.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    lol, as I'm typing this I am looking at an Insanity ad on the right side of this page. Done with my Insanity workout for the day. Yeah! i've done it several times before so it's definitely not as intimidating as it was the first 2 or 3 times but it sure ain't easy!!! Glad it's over but now I'm warn out!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options

The first time I did Cardio Recovery, it literally almost made me cry. Holding those positions made my legs hurt so bad!!! That was the only time a workout almost brought me to tears. I've done Cardio Recovery a few more times since then and luckily so far it hasn't affected me that way again.
  • elksy
    Options
    I'm not surprised! I have never felt anything like that burn in my legs before! I'm so glad to hear it gets better. Major sighs of relief right here!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! I read this thread and am now going to start my Insanity regime again. I got it a month ago and was full force for about two weeks, then little things got in the way, and now I also joined a gym (for only $10 a month by the way OMG!)

You seem like a motivated group! I'm going to pop in a disk tonight when I get home from work.

Regarding the Fit Test, I found that my second one was much better than the first for two reasons: 1 I knew how to to the moves and wasn't totally uncoordinated and 2 I felt stronger and more prepared from the workouts. I love the Fit Test results to show me I am getting stronger even though my scale might not be doing much.

During the workouts, I've always stayed exactly with the directions for the moves, and even though my repetitions aren't the same, I can tell if I'm getting better when I DO match with what Shaun T is saying. When I first started I could barely do two regular push-ups and now can complete a level one workout! Yeah!

Oh, and on a more personal note, you know when Shaun's talking to the girl who's the spin coach, and says how she never wore a sports bra before? I interpret that to mean she never wore one as a workout top before. That's ME! I've never worn a sports bra as my only top and my goal is to be proud of my stomach.

Have a great day you all!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

The first time I did Cardio Recovery, it literally almost made me cry. Holding those positions made my legs hurt so bad!!! That was the only time a workout almost brought me to tears. I've done Cardio Recovery a few more times since then and luckily so far it hasn't affected me that way again.

Oh. Well after reading that I can't say I'm looking forward to that tonight.:noway:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Hey friends! I read this thread and am now going to start my Insanity regime again. I got it a month ago and was full force for about two weeks, then little things got in the way, and now I also joined a gym (for only $10 a month by the way OMG!)

You seem like a motivated group! I'm going to pop in a disk tonight when I get home from work.

Regarding the Fit Test, I found that my second one was much better than the first for two reasons: 1 I knew how to to the moves and wasn't totally uncoordinated and 2 I felt stronger and more prepared from the workouts. I love the Fit Test results to show me I am getting stronger even though my scale might not be doing much.

During the workouts, I've always stayed exactly with the directions for the moves, and even though my repetitions aren't the same, I can tell if I'm getting better when I DO match with what Shaun T is saying. When I first started I could barely do two regular push-ups and now can complete a level one workout! Yeah!

Oh, and on a more personal note, you know when Shaun's talking to the girl who's the spin coach, and says how she never wore a sports bra before? I interpret that to mean she never wore one as a workout top before. That's ME! I've never worn a sports bra as my only top and my goal is to be proud of my stomach.

Have a great day you all!

Welcome on board, look forward to chatting.
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Oh. Well after reading that I can't say I'm looking forward to that tonight.:noway:

Me either! It will be my first Cardio Recovery. From what I've read it feels good afterwards though =)