Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

1192022242528

Replies

  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 1,640 Member Member Posts: 1,640 Member
    dew11252 wrote: »
    I did it!
    I finished just under calorie goal.
    I cleaned house all morning.
    Babysat
    Did some exercise!

    Good day🙂🙂🙂

    Awesome non-scale victories!
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    SCALES DAY

    Let us see what the numbers on the dreaded scaly monster are today!....
    Last week 327 lbs dead, Now 320.4 lbs

    A loss of 6 lbs 10oz I am just a tad chuffed and a huge amount surprised.
    I didn't think I had that good a week. In fact, if the scales had not moved then I would have been quite happy...
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    My goal for the next seven days is a very modest one.
    Lose half a pound to take this fatboy into the "3teens"
  • daydrem_dwdaydrem_dw Member Posts: 46 Member Member Posts: 46 Member
  • daydrem_dwdaydrem_dw Member Posts: 46 Member Member Posts: 46 Member
    Sunday check-in

    Last week: 201.6
    Today: 201.0
    0.6 lbs lost

    Happy with any bit of loss but wishing the scale reflected the good week I had - on point with the cal intake and more daily walks than previous weeks. I’m motivated by the end-of-day report that continues to say I’m on track for losing 10+ lbs in 5 weeks.

    This week’s goal: keep doing what I’m doing, fit in more water and movement, and stay positive.

    Donna
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 1,640 Member Member Posts: 1,640 Member
    Check in day! ✅

    Starting weight: 228.9 on 6/1/2020
    Age: 50
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 180
    6/1– 228.9
    6/4– 227.9
    6/9– 226.7
    6/14-225.3
    6/22-225.0
    6/28-224.2
    7/2—223.3
    7/6—223.2
    7/13–221.6
    7/20–218.4
    7/26–217.7
    8/9—218.1
    8/16–216.4
    8/24–216.7
    8/30–216.2
    9/6—212.5
    9/13-212.0

    Total weight lost: 16.9 pounds lost since June 1st!

    This week’s successes: Logging & walking my dog. I did land in the 211 range this week, but it didn’t stay. Next week I hope it will.☀️

    Jill
  • airbeatairbeat Member, Premium Posts: 81 Member Member, Premium Posts: 81 Member
    Ok back again for another try at losing weight. Currently at 288 lbs and just a tad below my all time high of 294. My goal is to drop 60 lbs and see how it goes from there. Keto is my preference as it has worked well for me in the past. The joints are telling me at 71 YO I need to ease the load on them. They have been doing well for a long time but I can see its not for long at this rate. So I will post my stats daily when I can but for sure once a week. Hope this time I can stick with it and get to my goal. It's been elusive lately. Will power is in short supply.
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    Well it seems that my missus has really got behind my weight loss.
    Today she told me she would help me to lose weight by having me rip up all the floor coverings and lay tiles all across our ground floor....
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 1,640 Member Member Posts: 1,640 Member
    Welcome @airbeat!
    We’ll help you with your journey. Great support is in this awesome group.

    Tone, you made me spill my coffee from laughter. I like your wife’s support!

    Happy Monday!

    Jill
  • ZhivagosGirlZhivagosGirl Member Posts: 160 Member Member Posts: 160 Member
    Weigh-in Day...

    Age:52
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting weight 9/1/20: 324.1
    Goal weight - under 200 (-125 lbs)
    Weight as of today 9/15/20: 316.4
    Sept 1-8: 320.3 (3.8 lbs)
    Sept 9-15 316.4 (3.9 lbs)
    Total Weight Loss: 7.7 lbs
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    My wonderful idea of having a mini gym in my workshop is not working out....
    Everything is in the way and now the missus has succeeded in having two big tents delivered so there is even less room!
    Not all is lost though.....I have found a small charity run gym, not far from my home. It is run as a not for profit place and the costs are really low with no annual subscription. Just £8 a year membership payment and £1.50 per session. ($10.40 a year membership and $1.95 a session).
    They are not a fully equipped gym but they do have cardio (elliptic, bikes, running) machines as well as weight machines and some free weights, plenty for my needs.
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 1,640 Member Member Posts: 1,640 Member
    Weigh-in Day...

    Age:52
    Height: 5'10"
    Starting weight 9/1/20: 324.1
    Goal weight - under 200 (-125 lbs)
    Weight as of today 9/15/20: 316.4
    Sept 1-8: 320.3 (3.8 lbs)
    Sept 9-15 316.4 (3.9 lbs)
    Total Weight Loss: 7.7 lbs

    Way to go! 🎉
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 1,640 Member Member Posts: 1,640 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    My wonderful idea of having a mini gym in my workshop is not working out....
    Everything is in the way and now the missus has succeeded in having two big tents delivered so there is even less room!
    Not all is lost though.....I have found a small charity run gym, not far from my home. It is run as a not for profit place and the costs are really low with no annual subscription. Just £8 a year membership payment and £1.50 per session. ($10.40 a year membership and $1.95 a session).
    They are not a fully equipped gym but they do have cardio (elliptic, bikes, running) machines as well as weight machines and some free weights, plenty for my needs.

    Nice way to find the bright side of things! So what are your wife’s tents for? ⛺️
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    Well Jill, it appears that we will be going camping.....
    Now, I know my missus and she does not like going anywhere that you cannot plug in a hair dryer.
    This little fact leads me to the conclusion that our "camping" holiday will involve a commercial site, overrun with screaming kids and drunken youths....
    There again, I am a grumpy old so "n" so, according to the missus!
  • daydrem_dwdaydrem_dw Member Posts: 46 Member Member Posts: 46 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Well Jill, it appears that we will be going camping.....
    Now, I know my missus and she does not like going anywhere that you cannot plug in a hair dryer.
    This little fact leads me to the conclusion that our "camping" holiday will involve a commercial site, overrun with screaming kids and drunken youths....
    There again, I am a grumpy old so "n" so, according to the missus!

    Great find in your local gym - sounds like a wonderful solution until you can regain your workshop!

    About that upcoming camping trip--We NEED an LOL button!
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 1,640 Member Member Posts: 1,640 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Well Jill, it appears that we will be going camping.....
    Now, I know my missus and she does not like going anywhere that you cannot plug in a hair dryer.
    This little fact leads me to the conclusion that our "camping" holiday will involve a commercial site, overrun with screaming kids and drunken youths....
    There again, I am a grumpy old so "n" so, according to the missus!

    😂 I love your posts. They always make me laugh!
  • jm216jm216 Member Posts: 1,640 Member Member Posts: 1,640 Member
    daydrem_dw wrote: »
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Well Jill, it appears that we will be going camping.....
    Now, I know my missus and she does not like going anywhere that you cannot plug in a hair dryer.
    This little fact leads me to the conclusion that our "camping" holiday will involve a commercial site, overrun with screaming kids and drunken youths....
    There again, I am a grumpy old so "n" so, according to the missus!

    Great find in your local gym - sounds like a wonderful solution until you can regain your workshop!

    About that upcoming camping trip--We NEED an LOL button!

    I agree!
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    Tomorrow is scales day!
    What will the morning bring? Will we see a momentous drop into the 3teens? Will we see an increase in weight?
    I shall await the morning with mounting excitement.
    One thing is for certain......I am going sailing!
    edited September 19
  • klw49klw49 Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    I am at 255 and have not been able to lose anything. I have been doing mfp for about 3 weeks now. I'm 71 with arithritus and I can only do some exercise. Help please.
  • cpnknightcpnknight Member Posts: 143 Member Member Posts: 143 Member
    SCALES DAY IS HERE!
    What have the dreaded scales have in store for us today?

    The hope was to have lost half a pound to take me into the 3teens. "Have you succeeded in this monumental task", I hear you say.
    Well, lets have a look.....
    Last week 320.4 lbs
    This week 317.2 lbs

    YAY! This fat boy is now a 3teen.
    317.2 lbs equals 22 st 9 lbs so my next mini goal is to say goodbye to the 22 stones and lose 10 lbs. This one could take a few weeks!
Sign In or Register to comment.