**VICTORIOUS SECRET**SEPT~TRIBAL~(CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Had a fantasy football draft, amazing dr. appointment, super ultra cranky wife, and I still found time for all the challenges :-)
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in yesterday - I had friends move here from SC yesterday and the in-laws are still in town (they leave tomorrow night, so I'll be able to get back into my normal routine).

I was WAY over in water and just barely under on calories. Did my pygmy exercises - feeling it in my arms today! - and walked a 5k in the cute little town of Nederland.

Since I haven't been home to cook for myself, I've been trying to make good decisions at restaurants. It's been successful most of the time. But yesterday, we went to an italian place and I ate some meatballs. I had stomach pain beyond belief last night! Most horrible thing I've gone through in a while. I guess my body just won't put up with crappy food any more!

Feeling better this morning and ready to tackle the day! Happy Wednesday, all!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I'm down another pound this am!!! Woo Hoo!!! I have a busy morning so just popping in here to post this then I will be back to talk some more about everyone's posts!

✿ڿڰۣ(̆̃̃ღGOOD MORNING TRIBE VICTORIOUS SECRETღ(̆̃̃ڿڰۣ✿~ PYGMY Day 3 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run, Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant) *********************************************************** BUSHMEN Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thinking of Nica and precious "Dee" this am...

tumblr_los4inwuQF1qazstso1_500.png
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Hope you are all doing well, and going strong!!
    Got to the gym again today so exercises check, food check, water check. All done and ready to hit the sack so I can get up early and go for a swim. After handing in an assignment that is!! WIll it never end!!
    Sending love and good thoughts to everyone as my day ends and your day begins!!
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry that I was not able to log stop by yesterday. Dee had a bad night the night before and lastnight, but I decided I needed to read some positive stuff, so I am just peeking my head in. I did not exercise yesterday, but completed under calories and over in water.

I have completed my stuff for today. I am having more and more migraines each day. I know that it is probably stress. I really don't get a chance to leave her room, often. I leave for about an hour and a half, then I am back. She is so drugged, that I don't want to leave her alone for more than 10 minutes, but someone sits in with her for that hour and a half. I am finding it hard to walk out the door to go do anything. I feel like something will happen if I leave:frown: . I know that I have to stay positive, but it is so hard when your baby is laying in the bed, helpless. She is shaking uncontrollably and her heart rate is through the roof. The doctors said that this is all apart of receiving the stem cell transplant. Hopefully soon she will start to recover and move on to the next phase.

I hope all is well with everyone. I feel so bad that I haven't had the time to get to personally thank everyone and to respond to your comments:frown: . I am looking forward to being in this for the long hauls, so please don't give up on me:flowerforyou:

XoXoXo
    Nica
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry that I was not able to log stop by yesterday. Dee had a bad night the night before and lastnight, but I decided I needed to read some positive stuff, so I am just peeking my head in. I did not exercise yesterday, but completed under calories and over in water.

I have completed my stuff for today. I am having more and more migraines each day. I know that it is probably stress. I really don't get a chance to leave her room, often. I leave for about an hour and a half, then I am back. She is so drugged, that I don't want to leave her alone for more than 10 minutes, but someone sits in with her for that hour and a half. I am finding it hard to walk out the door to go do anything. I feel like something will happen if I leave:frown: . I know that I have to stay positive, but it is so hard when your baby is laying in the bed, helpless. She is shaking uncontrollably and her heart rate is through the roof. The doctors said that this is all apart of receiving the stem cell transplant. Hopefully soon she will start to recover and move on to the next phase.

I hope all is well with everyone. I feel so bad that I haven't had the time to get to personally thank everyone and to respond to your comments:frown: . I am looking forward to being in this for the long hauls, so please don't give up on me:flowerforyou:

XoXoXo
    Nica

We will never give up on you. I am always here and I've posted my cell, you are more than welcome to text or call if you ever just need a scream break.

I can understand what you are going through somewhat as I was a "miracle" baby to my parents. My first day on this planet I took 3 ambulance rides and a helicopter ride. I was 3 months premature and was not expected to live and if I did I was probably not going to have a great quality of life. Mom and Dad were very upset because all these hospitals told them they can't do anything. I finally got flighted by a helicopter to a Children's Mercy Center where I spent a long time at before they could take me home or hold me. Mom said she just always stayed strong and never gave up. Things work out!

God will never put you in a situation you can't handle. You are so strong Nica, it's one of those times you might not be able to see it but everyone here on the outside looking in are so amazed. I am very proud to be on a team with such amazing people. I pray for you and yours several times a day. May Gods grace shine down on you!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Hello everyone,

XoXoXo
    Nica

Tribe, first off I want to thank everyone who has posted in here. I deeply appreciate you being committed to this challenge. Most of you seem to be doing quite well. I say most because a few I haven't touched base with enough and I need to make it a priority over the next couple of days to connect with each of you one on one.

Nica, I am so sorry from the depths of my soul that you and your precious child are being tested and put through the flames. I remember when Noah got ran over and the hospital in our town could only stabilize him so he could go on to Children's Mercy. The screams of intense pain and they said they could give him nothing until he made it to the city. It was like living inside a horror flick. Your situation is a thousand times worse than mine was. I know you wish it on no parent. Please ALWAYS feel free to not only vent but to ask us for prayer. Again my cell is 417-217-0625. I don't care if it is 3am if you or your child needs prayer CALL ME. I will GLADLY get on my knees and spend time petitioning Our Father to intervene.

I am exhausted. I am following the Bushmen series but right now I am realizing I might have to do Pygmy 2 days a week. I ran a 5K by the airport this am and it was a nice calm jog. I worked my @%#$ off today and got in a little over 90 min. But yet it says I only burned less then 600 calories. No way that is possible. I'm a noodle right now. Oh well.

Love you Tribe and I will be off and on for the rest of the day!

STAY MOTIVATED! STAY POSITIVE! AND PLEASE KEEP ENCOURAGING ONE ANOTHER!!!!

~ Lori
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

XoXoXo
    Nica

Nica, please know that you are not alone. You know, I don't know the perfect words to say to you right now to comfort you during this difficult time. But, I know how to pray! I have been interceding on your behalf!

Team, I did the pygmy challenges, extra mile, over water, under calories. Love and hugs to all.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Woooo! Hoooo! Let's get it done team VS! Another day bites the dust :drinker:

Nica - You are not alone :flowerforyou: We're here praying for you and your daughter every day!

BUSHMEN Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), over water and under calories plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

Day 3 complete! I can't do it all at once but throughout the day I finished all of this, even the 5K for the second day in a row :drinker:
    I've never worked out so hard in all my life, this thing is kicking my butt (in a good way) :wink:

Good Night and God Bless!
    :heart: Marie
  • janetj518
    Options
    Hello Team,

Feeling it better today than yesterday but wish I could get some sleep. Ugh...

Over water, under calories, bear walk, split squats, 1.5 mile walk, crunches and jumping jacks done, extra mile done and even threw in some push ups. With my 1.5 walk, my extra mile and my "normal" walk, I walked a total of 3.12 miles. Yep, pretty proud. LOL...

Hope everyone is well. GO TEAM!!!
  • aninamika
    Options
    Hey there everyone!
    Nica continuous love, prayers and thoughts are coming your way. We'll be your earthly angels adding to the support you and your daughter already have. Kia kaha, fa'amalosi, stay strong. Our Man above never gives us more than we can handle. You, your daughter, family and those closest to you have the strength and perseverance to get through this and we will be right there along helping you through. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Janet, glad you are feeling good today. I haven't seen what happened yesterday but just the fact that you've said you've had a better day tells me you had an off day. All good today was a new day and you got through. Sending you some sleep helping vibes girl and hopefully you'll get a good night's sleep tonight.
    Lori and team I did the exercise challenges but I did the same one's today as yesterday because it works better with what I'm already doing at the gym so it ensures that I give the muscles I'm working out a rest.

1 min bear walk
    50 crunches
    100 jump jacks
    25 split squats
    Finisher:
    TABATA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sabjg06VE00&feature=relmfu
    I don't have a step at home so just did squat jumps without
    I did full push ups
    The side-to-side with the step and I did side-to-side shuffle
    Skipping
    After I went swimming, I was in the pool for over an hour but only did about 45 mins work...thereabouts kickboard.

2 miles towards challenge

I've been strapped for time peeps, thanks to heavy uni, work and exercise schedule. My lupus flare is lasting a lot longer and it's beginning to hit me at the worst times with tiredness. Today I didn't get any study done because I was trying to prepare food to take away with me for the weekend. It's a long weekend here and we're getting out of the city with a bunch of mates. I'm using it as a chance to get out of Seoul and do some hard core study by the sea. I'm needing an ocean fix BAD!
    I didn't get much done, mashed sweet potatoes to put in tuna fish cakes. Tried baking them but they didn't work so I still had to shallow fry them aaaaaaaaand I had to use flour. Luckily I had whole wheat flour in the cupboard so I used that. They turned out okay...I don't know. I've had worms today and managed to eat 6!
    I really should be in bed right now, I've got bootcamp at half-5 in the morn followed by a run. I'll try and tack on an extra 3 miles at the end of my run tomorrow WISH ME LUCK! It'll be a slow one but I'll get there.

Love to everyone xxx :love: :love:
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in just been busy at work and not feeling well. I have been doing challenges every day and under calorie and over water.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    TY everyone for all of the updates!

★...Good Morning Tribe Victorious Secret...★Pygmy: Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers. ~~~~~~ Bushmen: Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Tabata video and timers: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/tabata-videos-and-tabata-timers-young.html
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Today's exercise challenge - check!
    5k plus an extra mile - check!

Now, if I can just get my bf's mom to stop buying pie and leaving it at my house...
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am so grateful for you guys. I have some good news. My daughter is doing a lot better today. She is up going to the bathroom with little assistance:noway: :happy: . She had a bad night and I just knew today was going to be even worst, but due to all of our prayer warriors (I thank God for this new family), she is on the up and up. She bathe herself with little assistance and she is not sleeping as much. She is also smiling, something that she do a lot of. She is known to smile despite what she is going through. Its been hard for her to muster up a smile for the last week, but today, she did it. I know that prayer works because I was so scared over the past few days that I was gonna lose my baby. You guys are amazing:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have completed day 1( week 2). I will be under on my calories (food is already planned out for dinner). Water is barely there, but I am going to make it happen at dinner time. I will be peeing all night (lol), but I am going to do it. I am so happy :happy: :smooched:

I do have an addiction and I hope that I can stay focus with it. I am a scale addict. I weigh myself at least once a day (sometimes twice) or every other day:grumble: :embarassed: I have been doing this for over 7 years. I know, you are probably wondering how in the world am I still so big. I have this thing where I get really serious if I go over 350 lbs. I don't know what it is:indifferent: :grumble:. I do measure myself and I also go by how my clothes fit, but I am a scale addict. With that being said, I am down another 3.2 lbs since Sunday or Monday:blushing:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I've met all the challenges and that jazz the last couple days. Will do todays, tonight.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am so grateful for you guys. I have some good news. My daughter is doing a lot better today. She is up going to the bathroom with little assistance:noway: :happy: . She had a bad night and I just knew today was going to be even worst, but due to all of our prayer warriors (I thank God for this new family), she is on the up and up. She bathe herself with little assistance and she is not sleeping as much. She is also smiling, something that she do a lot of. She is known to smile despite what she is going through. Its been hard for her to muster up a smile for the last week, but today, she did it. I know that prayer works because I was so scared over the past few days that I was gonna lose my baby. You guys are amazing:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have completed day 1( week 2). I will be under on my calories (food is already planned out for dinner). Water is barely there, but I am going to make it happen at dinner time. I will be peeing all night (lol), but I am going to do it. I am so happy :happy: :smooched:

I do have an addiction and I hope that I can stay focus with it. I am a scale addict. I weigh myself at least once a day (sometimes twice) or every other day:grumble: :embarassed: I have been doing this for over 7 years. I know, you are probably wondering how in the world am I still so big. I have this thing where I get really serious if I go over 350 lbs. I don't know what it is:indifferent: :grumble:. I do measure myself and I also go by how my clothes fit, but I am a scale addict. With that being said, I am down another 3.2 lbs since Sunday or Monday:blushing:

Lori is exhausted. Watching NFL football. Looking forward to taking Saturday OFF! Did all the challenges and 5K. Always under on calories and always over on water.

Nica, I am THRILLED to hear that Dee did a bit better today. I am going to keep lifting her up in prayer.

Team I will be on during commercials during the game if you need me. Sorry it's football season.

Love you team!!!
  • janetj518
    Options
    Hi Team,

I will apologize in advance, today was a bad day for me and my choices.:embarassed: It is what it is and I accept it. I do feel bad for letting you all down today, but tomorrow WILL be different. I got discouraged and ran with it.:grumble: I have decided that today shall be my rest day and hopefully, I can get my head back on. :ohwell:

I hope everyone else had a great day.

Nica- So glad to hear good news about your daughter feeling better today!! XOXO

Lori- I'm so happy about the NFL starting too!! YAY! YAY!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Bushman complete for the day, over water, and under calories. I just finished my 5K while watching the game (NSV-I wanted to eat a bowl of chocolate cheerios but I decided to jog instead and now I'm not hungry anymore) Yay!

Nica- so glad Dee was feeling better today :bigsmile:

Brani- maybe you could get her to start bringing you healthier treats but make sure she knows it's the calories, not her baking, that you would like to avoid.

Janet- It's ok, just jump back in the game tomorrow. We're here for you :flowerforyou:

JR- That's awesome! One day at a time :happy:

Lori- Woooo! Hooooo!! Football season is officially here :bigsmile: :love: :happy: :drinker: :smile: :heart: Great job getting the challenges done and as always for just being there cheering us on toward greatness!

Good night team! I hope you all sleep well and enjoy watching Green Bay kick New Orleans butt :drinker:
    :heart: Marie