Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    I logged but we weren’t able to order all the foods on my meal plan so not sure what dinner will be tonight yet so I couldn’t complete my food for the day. I use my food log to do my daily food plan when possible.

I did get 30 minutes of ‘gentle’ exercise yesterday as I planned. I found videos for post-menopausal women by someone who was a big runner, triathlon athlete and fitness trainer. Who suffered some injuries and realized that by aiming for the top of the exercise pyramid we often skip the lower and foundational part of the pyramid (balance, core work, general strength) and then we are prone for injuries. She now does videos for this work and for beginners as well that are designed for post-menopausal women who may not be able to exercise in the same way as before. I did a beginner 30 minute low impact session for women like me. It was for sustained cardio with core and balance work. I liked it but it wasn’t easy yet but much better than most videos for beginners. I will do this work out each week until It is easy for me. She has a lot more videos when I get to them.

I got in my water. I stayed under my calorie goal. I upped my steps by more than 100. I think I forgot to do the stairs like I did the day before though.

Plan for today:
    • Drink water 8 glasses or more, log and stay within calorie goal
    • Do a flight of stairs
    • Increase my steps by 100 over yesterday
    • Do the resistance band video I did last week. It too is for beginners and includes core work as well. It is 30 minutes.

We still have bad/unhealthy air quality so I am not going to push for more than 30 minutes of gentler exercise indoors until it gets in the good range.

@Riddikulus89 I am not budging either. I wouldn’t exercise if you are having migraines but on the other days yes use that elliptical. All your thought seem good.

@torihudson6 the last time I lost I had a policy to get rid of all my bigger clothes that didn’t fit any longer since I promised myself I would never gain the weight back. Well then I wasn’t working (the last economic downturn and I was exercising an hour a day). I didn’t allow for going back to work, not adjusting my calories down, and taking time to finding a way to fit in exercise, gaining it all back until I put a stop to the gain and slowly started turning it around. So maybe I could have used some of the clothes I got rid of. I don't regret getting rid of them or that it was a mistake. Even though I gained the weight I exercised 3 days a week and was healthier. I am now out of some of the pants I got when I had gained the weight back. I have other de-cluttering to do but if I get back around to my closet and I still don’t fit them I am okay with getting rid of them. I guess I feel like if it helped me lose then I am fine that I got rid of those clothes. I do not have the same issue right now as you do since I am not working now. I guess I don’t learn. I feel now that if I lose weight I don’t plan on gaining it back. I do not know how I will feel when I get to a lower weight and sizes though. I may be okay with keeping some overweight sizes just not obese sizes.

@goingstrong431 I like your plan. Also a supportive group is really helpful. I was on and off this thread for a while and my weight loss showed. In March I put checking into this thread weekly if not more as one of my goals. Now I don’t need it as a goal it is just part of my routine. That is when I started to lose faster. Right now I have been doing it daily because I need to be accountable daily right now. My loss has slowed down. You need to get a food plan that is healthy and you can live with for the rest of your life because even when you lose the weight you still need to maintain and that isn’t that much different from losing. Unfortunately I am not sure it works if you aren’t eating at home. I do better when we are eating at home whether it is me, my husband or daughter cooking. I also have begun doing a better job with meal planning due to the pandemic and trying to avoid grocery shopping more often. Fortunately I am a pretty good cook but other meal plans on here are much more basic and easier to cook. Also there are some good resources here for good food. Many do weekly meal prepping so they don’t have to be amazing cooks to have healthy good tasting food each day. Right now I have time to cook so I am enjoying it but when I go back to work I will have to find a way to have meals without having to cook so much. However many of the meals I make or discovered lately don’t take that long to make.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    In my case, the size 22 jeans which were pretty new when I shrank out of them are boxed and saved for Girlfriend when she needs them, because she's working on losing weight too, though she started from a 30. Most of my cardigans stretched enough for her to wear them, and the shirts are still wearable in a pinch, though they're getting really billowy; I can still use them to paint in or scrub the bathroom, so I've got a couple I'm keeping for that. The rest will be trashed, because they're just worn out. I had been going to get some new ones, but when I did I bought several sizes down and that's what I'm wearing now. So she will have to buy new shirts when she gets down around a 24 and the stuff she has now is too big.

Today's been rough emotionally, and I decided to just give myself permission to eat maintenance today, and so I am. I've slept a lot, and I'm finally starting to feel better. I really miss Girlfriend, but I know she's being taken good care of, and she's probably sleeping a lot too; that tends to happen with new psych meds.

I'm also doing something that makes me happy, namely, cooking. Saturday I need to take a third week's meals to my in-laws, and so I have a meatloaf (bison and pork sausage flavored with sage) in the oven and have a cut-up chuck roast stewing in beer with onions to make pulled beef so that I can do beef and noodles. I also got more turkey bacon baked for breakfasts for Boyfriend, and have country pork ribs thawing out so I can make char sui tomorrow. And I have some cream cheese softening; when the meat loaf is done, I'll make another quichecake so that I have one in the freezer.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @KeriA Would you be able to share the 30 minute low impact video you found? It sounds like something I could use in the future. I'm always looking for new exercise options so I'm ready when I want to change my exercise plan due to a change in the seasons, boredom, focusing on different fitness goals, etc. Thanks!
  • Riddikulus89
    Riddikulus89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6 -- Massive Harry Potter fan here. Hufflepuff for life :blush: Thanks for the encouragement, I will maintain my course until the whoosh! As far as the clothes, it would be very empowering to donate the clothes as a way to symbolically commit to your new normal, but be kind to yourself. If you aren't ready to clear out the closet, that time will come when it's right for you and it will feel GREAT.

@speyerj -- Thanks for the support. I'll keep on keeping on and add on to what I'm doing week by week. Small changes built on small changes make a big impact long term.

@KeriA -- I've forgiven myself for taking it easy after reading all of these comments. I'm feeling much better today as the storm has moved north. I'll get on that elliptical today!

@heatherbluebell -- I'm relatively new here, but you're in the right group. I've been inspired by my best friend's approach to weight loss and it sounds just like yours! Small changes over time, adding more when it feels right. It's a kinder approach to weight loss I'd never considered before, and I'm loving it. By focusing on herself as a whole person - her mental, emotional, and physical health are all equally important -- she's made small changes over time when they feel right and lost weight consistently over the last year.

@iloveeggnog -- Thanks for the support, I'm very analytical myself. I'll focus on my own trends and not be so anxious to see a drop immediately (awaiting the "whoosh"!)

• MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog Congratulations on reaching onederland!!! How awesome! What a great accomplishment!!!
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So I’m going to try this whole weight loss thing by not weighting myself. I normally get so hung up on the scale numbers I hit a rough patch and everything is out the window. So I’m going to stop this weekend and get a measuring tape and keep measurements
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Wel, not every day has been focusing on the core but exercise every single day, many of which are core encompassing. The total gym is super versatile. What I've been trying the last few days is making me sore as heck lol. Hoping I will be able to enjoy the trip :)
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the deal is, but I am RAVENOUS the past couple of days. Macros are fine. Eating similar foods to normal. Ended yesterday with 1Cal to spare 😅 Some weeks are just like that, I guess. Gotta keep on keepin’ on.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    So in the spirit of making lemonade out of lemons, I decided that the time to deep clean Girlfriend's room was today. When I say deep clean I mean things like the bed got taken apart and the mattress and boxspring carried out of the room, and stuff like that. I'm not sore, exactly, but I'm quite aware there are muscles in that which I sit upon, and I have been using them. Hopefully I don't wake up so sore in lower back and rear tomorrow that I can't function.