Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Options

Replies

• JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @motivatedsister I can TOTALLY relate to the slacking off business!! I feel like once people start telling me how great I'm looking, well then something clicks off in my brain and tells me I'm done!! I'm determined to not listen to that click! The journey is long but one filled with self discovery, challenges and pure elation!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6 Great to see you again. It's good to hear you feel like you are in a good spot again and you have great goals for September. Here's to a successful September!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER: WEEK ONE WEIGH-IN

Age 49, Height 5'11"
    Highest weight: 225.6lbs (8/28/19)
    Lowest weight: 165lbs (goal is 173)

CW: 218.6
    9/1: 218.6
    9/8: 217.0
    9/15 (halfway mark assessment):
    9/22:
    9/29:

Weekly goals (exercise):
    ๐ŸŒธ Hit up more kayaking spots, and stay consistent with workouts. Yes! Worked out almost every other day
    ๐ŸŒบ Incorporate free weights 2x week with YouTube workouts Did a rings workout instead
    ๐ŸŒธ Continue with daily planks challenge I've been managing about every other day
    ๐ŸŒบ Work out every other day Yes, except for when I've done a big workout and then I took off two days

Weekly goals (diet):
    ๐ŸŒธ Continue intermittent fasting (16:8) Yes, except for one day when I hadn't eaten enough during the day and had to eat at 9pm.
    ๐ŸŒบ More veggies / more protein. **Eat the veggies first, then the meal or snack.** Veggies first is working for me!
    ๐ŸŒธ 1400 calories and log everything Yes
    ๐ŸŒบ Watch the sugar count and pre-log all sweet treats Yes / No

Weekly goals (mental):
    ๐ŸŒธ STOP DOOMSCROLLING, especially in the morning and before bed I'm better about this when my husband is home, like he has been the past week. When he's traveling I tend to get into bed with my phone!
    ๐ŸŒบ Set the timer for uninterrupted work sessions Didn't do much work this week but tomorrow I'll be back to a regular schedule since our vacation has been pushed.
    ๐ŸŒธ Get back into the habit of sketching in the mornings It's been a wonky week, and I haven't done a lot of sketching.
    ๐ŸŒบ Less Facebook. Ugh, I hate Facebook so much. I hate the new design, so I've barely been on FB at all this week!

๐Ÿ’œ Message to myself: discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most ๐Ÿ’œ

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our plans to take the Airstream from Austin to Atlanta to visit my mom. My husband was supposed to have two weeks off but he got called back to work after only a few days. So we'll have to push that to October. It was really hard to call my mom and tell her we're not coming :(
    I'm planning some things to look forward to instead of the trip though, and making a list of things to keep me busy during his next work rotation, which will last about three weeks. And the Airstream is currently parked in our yard, so I can always "camp out" in it by myself for a change of pace. My very busy time of year starts now (in a normal year I make 75% of my income in the 10 weeks between October and Christmas!) so I have a lot to keep me busy.

And I like that I get another few weeks before we go to keep working on my program. It would be great to feel like I've made some progress on the weight loss front. I lost 7lbs in August and if I can lose a similar number in September then it might be enough so that my family starts to notice. I do have 50lbs to lose though, so they may not notice until I lose about 20lbs.

Cool front coming through Texas this week -- I'm SO EXCITED!
  • MuttiNM
    Options
    @wanderinglight So cute!!! Thanks for sharing your pic!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @motivatedsister I can TOTALLY relate to the slacking off business!! I feel like once people start telling me how great I'm looking, well then something clicks off in my brain and tells me I'm done!! I'm determined to not listen to that click! The journey is long but one filled with self discovery, challenges and pure elation!

You described it so much better than I did. But yes - it's like something clicks and says ok done. It's like I convince myself you look good girl, anything else will be a bonus but you're fine where you are. Definitely trying to ignore this type of thinking this go around. I know we want to try for another baby, so I'd like to get as much weight off as possible so I'm nowhere near my highest weight by the end of pregnancy.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love Wanda u guys must have had an awesome trip!!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    Love your name @holdthefries !!
  • amina71016
    amina71016 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 230 (earlier in August 2020)
    CW: 222
    Goal weight for September: 218

Weekly tracking:
    8/31: 222.6
    9/7: - did not weigh in, but on 9/9 I was 222.6 -hrmph
    9/14:
    9/21:
    9/28:

Other September goals - keep track of my food and hit my 10K steps/day. Try to get more sleep as it helps everything.

I work from home full-time and have a 4th grader at home with me doing remote learning this year. It will be interesting trying to carve out time for exercise and meal prep, but I'm hopeful we'll get into a good routine.

----

9/9 Update - I had a very indulgent Labor Day weekend. Amazing how even if it's spent at home a long weekend makes it easy to get off-track. But I am back on track now.
  • MuttiNM
    Options
    @aliciap0116 So sorry to hear about your son & husband's accident. How stressful! I can't imagine. Hope things go well for your husband.