Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here!

I'm a serial restarter. I've finally figured out what I need to do to lose weight - I just struggle to keep it off.

Starting weight: 122.4kg/270lbs

Current weight: 116.5kg/257lbs

1/9: 116.5kg/257lbs
    8/9:
    15/9:
    22/9:
    29/9:

My goal for September is to break below 110kg/240lbs.

Welcome! People are in all stages of their weight loss here, and it's a great place to get support and learn how to eat differently.
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here!

I'm a serial restarter. I've finally figured out what I need to do to lose weight - I just struggle to keep it off.

Starting weight: 122.4kg/270lbs

Current weight: 116.5kg/257lbs

1/9: 116.5kg/257lbs
    8/9:
    15/9:
    22/9:
    29/9:

My goal for September is to break below 110kg/240lbs.

Welcome! People are in all stages of their weight loss here, and it's a great place to get support and learn how to eat differently.

Thank you!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed they pick you for the job @KeriA !!
  • balaff
    balaff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looking for advice on getting steps in. I am still working on finding the best way to take a minimum 20 minute walk a few days a week, but even when I do, I don't seem to make my daily goal of 7500 steps. I'd love to hear somr tips for making extra efforts to increase my movement. I do park far from the entrance at work so I have to walk further.

Thanks!!
  • balaff
    balaff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I don't know why, but on my phone app I can't click the reaction emojis.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @balaff I've been breaking my walks into 15 min HIT walks, I use various utube walkers. That gets met into 8000 steps a day if I do 3x 15min HIT and then just walking around. I live in a small cottage so honestly, it doesn't help with steps, I really have to make the time!
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @eliezalot & @KeriA
    I've also suffered from heel pain for about 18months, it started after a holiday to New Zealand when from not walking at all I was walking over 20 000 steps a day and not wearing the right shoes! (slip ons) At the beginning of the year, I did the local park-run which is 5km, I limped the whole way, it was agony. I suffered for a few weeks afterwards where I couldn't walk properly in the am and definitely couldn't be barefoot. I read up a lot about plantar fasciitis etc. I went on a course of ibuprofen and started stretching my Achilles tendon it seems to be linked to heel pain. I bought inserts for my trainers to lift my arch. The combination helped a lot. Its 6 months down the line and it's definitely healing, I've also dropped 50lbs which must have helped. I hope your shoes help
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @aliciap0116 Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I have a similar goal to yours! turning 50 in June and follow all the comments avidly to get advice and encouragement and hopefully to help some ladies along their journey. I'm also doing IF 16/8 and counting calories, its helped me to be disciplined and to plan ahead. I look forward to celebrating when you reach your goal in April!
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @KeriA how did your interview go? Your month ahead sounds full already! Good luck with keeping to your weight loss goals x

• changeforeverlj
    Options
    @iloveeggnog I loved your story and can so relate! I went to a spa last weekend and could easily use their smaller robe, 6 months ago I would have had to opt for the bigger one... which happens to be in a different colour!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116 Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I have a similar goal to yours! turning 50 in June and follow all the comments avidly to get advice and encouragement and hopefully to help some ladies along their journey. I'm also doing IF 16/8 and counting calories, its helped me to be disciplined and to plan ahead. I look forward to celebrating when you reach your goal in April!

I'm also turning 50 (in March) and also doing IF 16/8 :) Nice to be in the same group with you both!