Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Options

Replies

• orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,185 Member
    Options
    Well done on noticing what was going on and not diving right in to the binge! That sucks that you won't get your break together. Hope the few days you have will be magical xxx
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,185 Member
    Options
    Highest weight 105.5kg (aug 2018)
    Lowest weight 94.7kg (Mar 2020)
    Goal for end of month 98.0kg
    Start of month 99.6kg
    7/9 - 100.2kg

Goals
    💛 To keep average cals for the week under 2000
    💛 To keep snacks under 25% of cals
    💛 To plan meals in advance for the week
    💛 16:8 - intermittent fasting
    💛 Mediterranean eating
    💛 Using non food ways to manage my emotions

wk 1 - cals 2508, snacks 22%, breakfast 12%, fat 41%
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @PepperOni Welcome to the group! I've also been IF since 16 March and its working for me. I've read up a lot about the benefits. You have made the right choice to address your health issues, good look with your plan!

@balaff Try breaking your steps up throughout your day, starting in the morning, being intentional works.

@orangequilt I read one of your goals is to manage your emotions without food. Wow, that has to be on my list! I've discovered walking while listening to a podcast (tip from one of the ladies on the group) I did it for the first time on Saturday and today I got to Chapter 7 of Pride & Prejudice what a delight! No food involved ;)

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I didn't know that about muscles! hope you got to do your stretching!

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    For those of you who say you do a "walking workout" with YouTube, could you please explain a bit more about what you mean? Are you watching YouTube while you walk? Is this a walk-in-place type of thing? I've been meaning to ask!

@PepperOni - I started IF (16:8 -- I eat between 12pm and 8pm) in August and I really enjoy it! It mostly dovetails with how I would normally eat. I like to work out in the mornings on an empty stomach and I'm generally not hungry until 11am especially if I have a cup of coffee with half-n-half. And I find it really controls late-night eating, which has always been a challenge for me. When I first started IF I felt like I was racing the clock to eat a lot at 7:30 or 7:45pm before my "time was up" for the day, but as time has gone on that urgency has diminished.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight I've done Leslie Sansone walking videos on YouTube. The ones I've done are mostly walking in place with sometimes 4 to 8 steps forward and back if you have the room. There's usually 4 basic steps with some variations and sometimes arm movements added in. I'm not currently doing them because of recent changes I've made to my exercise routine but I anticipate I'll get back to them during the winter. I would do a shorter one 3 times a day just to make sure I'd get off my butt every so often throughout the day. :)
  • xofarrah
    xofarrah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @KeriA thanks for the tip!